www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 01-02-21, 10:41   #21
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delroj View Post
I've never used dgvoodoo, i ask how to use it time ago in this forum but i think post was deleted because nobody answered

If anyone could give me instructions i will aprecciated a lot
Okay so once you have downloaded dgVoodoo 2 and extracted the zip archive (you can extract it anywhere, but I decided to put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\dgVoodoo 2\), you will have a folder that looks like this.

3Dfx
Doc
MS

dgVoodooCpl.exe

Go into the MS folder, then go into the x86 folder, and you should see the following files...

D3D8.dll
D3D9.dll
D3DImm.dll
DDraw.dll

Copy-paste all the files from the x86 folder to your Tomb Raider 3 directory. Now, in your Tomb Raider 3 directory, right click, select 'New', then select 'Text document'. Rename the new file from 'New Text Document.txt' to 'dgvoodoo.conf'. So your Tomb Raider 3 directory should look something like this...

audio
cuts
DATA
fmv
pix

config.txt
D3D8.dll
D3D9.dll
D3DImm.dll
data.bin
DATA.TAG
DDraw.dll
DEC130.DLL
dgvoodoo.conf
EDEC.DLL
lang.dat
tomb3.exe
WINPLAY.DLL
WINSDEC.DLL
WINSTR.DLL

Go back to your dgVoodoo 2 folder and run dgVoodooCpl.exe. At the top of the window you will see 'Config folder / Running instance', by default that's set to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\dgVoodoo. Click the button that says 'Add' then select your Tomb Raider 3 directory.

Now that you have everything in the correct place, just follow the setup steps in this post. You do not need to 'run' dgVoodoo or anything whilst you're playing the game, you just simply click on Tomb Raider 3 as normal and dgVoodoo will automatically start doing its magic.

Last edited by TombHackR; 01-02-21 at 10:51.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 21:54   #22
Delroj
Hobbyist

Thank you so much @TombHackR I really appreciate it
Delroj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 07:53   #23
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delroj View Post
Thank you so much @TombHackR I really appreciate it
Youíre welcome . DgVoodoo is one of those softwares that can be a bit daunting to use unless you already know how it works .
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 08:04   #24
Dom23103
Hobbyist

How Connect an xbox one/ ps4 controller to the TR3 Steam version?
Dom23103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 20:10   #25
DVDSpike
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom23103 View Post
How Connect an xbox one/ ps4 controller to the TR3 Steam version?
You can't without a third party program that maps keyboard inputs to controller inputs.
Old 09-03-21, 19:56   #26
Defrago
Hobbyist

Default Run TR3 in 2021

Recently I found that TokyoSU tried to work on his own TR3Main project. Sadly, he seems to abandoned his work and deleted the repository, but there is last dll that survived. Also Woops made a patch based on Arsunt's 2017 exe with Sprint patched to act like in TR4+.

I managed to combine that exe with TokyoSU's dll to get this list of improvements:

• Aspect Ratio (widescreen looking) is proper and FMV lines fixed
• There is no more pixelated line at the bottor-right part of the screen on Title and into Inventory
• Music doesn't stops at the inventory and keeps playing with lower volume
• Fonts look and specular textures are fixed on modern systems

You can get this package here.

Due to TokyoSU's removal of his code I must add that you using that at your own risk. I don't know what else might be included.

Last edited by Defrago; 11-03-21 at 12:24. Reason: Package updated. Fixed missing DLLs
Defrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 11:17   #27
Lokkey97
Hobbyist

Has anyone succesfully downloaded this package, as I canít seem to get paste the code to check youíre not a computer, no matter what I type in it just wonít accept it
Lokkey97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 13:13   #28
ivaneiroX
Archaeologist

Is there a way to make the PC version successfully look like the PS1 version? i've been playing it on my vita and it's incredible how much better the PS1 version is.
ivaneiroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-21, 15:00   #29
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivaneiroX View Post
Is there a way to make the PC version successfully look like the PS1 version? i've been playing it on my vita and it's incredible how much better the PS1 version is.
Not yet, I'm afraid. Arsunt may port a lot of features from TR2Main to TR3Main once he actively starts working on it - but as far as I know, there's nothing really going on at the moment.
Old 17-04-21, 19:44   #30
Joey79100
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivaneiroX View Post
For the lighting, you could use dgVoodoo. I find TR3 on PC to be really washed out, even with low gamma it's lacking contrast and color.
I haven't tried TR3 itself on PC with dgVoodoo yet, however I did with The Lost Artifact. I cranked up Brightness to 152%, Color to 108%, and Contrast to 102%, and got pretty nice results without anything being too dark or too intense (except the 2D images like the menu).

For some reason I cannot take a direct screenshot of the game, so I took a screenshot of a Youtube walkthrough and edited it to show how it looks on my end:
-
Original / Edited

It's not exactly PS1-like, but it's closer to it. I'd say it simply fixes the color issues the TR3 engine seems to have, cause now I find it similar to how it would look in the TR4/TRLE engine, which is way more intense and interesting. You can actually feel the sun hitting the walls now.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote