Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 09-06-19, 09:36   #31
johnanonymouz

I want things to get really dark. It's one of the aspects that I really enjoyed about Tomb Raider (2013). I freaking loved how dark and bloody everything was and I was disappointed Rise took this turn. Shadow tries to bring that back and I love parts like Cenote but I'd love to have a very serious and bloody Tomb Raider game.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 09:59   #32
Blackmoor

I don't want blood and gore everywhere like in TR2013, in that it felt like set dressing in some places rather than the result of something occuring. But I would like a very serious and bloody TR game and by that I mean scarily realistic.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 10:13   #33
Chamayoo

I think it should have everything in tone. Tomb Raider always have been a good mixture of style. Different locations, different genres and different tones in one game.
So I want the next game to be dark, to be light-hearted, to be frightening, to be beautiful, to be gore where and when it should.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 22:07   #34
JayB_1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
I want things to get really dark. It's one of the aspects that I really enjoyed about Tomb Raider (2013). I freaking loved how dark and bloody everything was and I was disappointed Rise took this turn. Shadow tries to bring that back and I love parts like Cenote but I'd love to have a very serious and bloody Tomb Raider game.
Totally agree with that
JayB_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 22:52   #35
tomblover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alterjano View Post
We have already had three games of Lara fighting her demons, struggling with PTSD, losing herself in the process and almost becoming a shadow of her former self.
This is exactly what we didn't get, because they couldn't pull it off.

Personally, for me, I'd be happy with whatever premise/story they could come up with, so long as it was executed properly.

There's much to be said for classic TR's unapologetic eccentricity, and for AOD's gothic grit likewise. On the other hand, you have the reboot games - which have all been palatable, don't get me wrong, but that's because they've had easy and uninspired narratives.

I guess I agree a lot with what Blackmoor had to say.

They need to be daring. The plot has never been the main focus of any TR game up to this point anyway - which is why we're talking about this at all, right now, because they've forced that direction - so I would say it's even a relatively risk-free step to take, to make the games more interesting.

I mean, what more proof of that do you need, than the fact that critics praised AOD for its story, in spite of the mess that was made of it?

Last edited by tomblover; 09-06-19 at 23:10.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 06:52   #36
Grizzly Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
True, I will never forget the blood replaced with black stains in Shadow.
It's a rated M game, so it is almost ridiculous to hide blood...
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 08:47   #37
michaeldt

I don't mind having a mature, R-rated story and game, I just want to like Laras character again.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-19, 22:32   #38
Alterjano

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
I don't mind having a mature, R-rated story and game, I just want to like Laras character again.
The problem is the writing, I am afraid. The character of Lara Croft will never be given the dimensionality and depth, that she deserves because of these terrible creative decisions. Now, all that remains consistent is a plethora of plot holes, bad melodrama and underdeveloped character arcs that go nowhere. This issue is something that the next studio in helm of the sequel, needs to take seriously into consideration because, it can only be fixed if the writing standards are much higher than the reboot games.

Last edited by Alterjano; 08-09-19 at 04:26.
Alterjano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 03:16   #39
Lyle Croft

No more melodrama PLEASE, unless they're going to make it well written, with excellent acting, i do'nt want to see it.

Heavy and gritty oh god.

I don't mind the blood and all, but it shouldn't be the focus. There should be an emphasis on wonderment, puzzle solving, with a good balance of combat.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-19, 10:19   #40
laracroftonline

No more blood or gore i’m over it and I don’t like playing too dark games.
laracroftonline is offline   Reply With Quote