www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 24-07-21, 04:30   #41
CourierNumber6
Student

I'm not sure if this is exactly the place to post this, but as I'm trying to use your plugin, I figured I'd ask here.

I'm trying to install the plugin through TIDE. I open TIDE, select the .zip file of the plugin and try to install just like the install instructions say, but then TIDE gives me an error. If I press on and try to build my script, I get an error message:

"missing string "Plugin_TokyuSU" in file: C:\Users\quinn\Desktop\TombEditor\TIDE\NGC\VGE\scr ipt\ENGLISH.TXT"

I'm really not too sure what this means - I've never messed with plugins before. Can anyone help me on this, or point me to some kind of assistance?

If it matters, I have the plugin .zip just in my base Tomb Raider Level Editor folder, and I haven't moved any files from it anywhere.
CourierNumber6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 09:24   #42
Joey79100
Professor

Are you maybe using an earlier version of TIDE?

You shouldn't need to do this manually when installing plugins as far as I know, but: try opening your English.txt file (still within TIDE), and in the left pane open the ExtraNG section. If it's not there, add a new line and type "Plugin_TokyuSU" (without quotes) in it. Then build again.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 13:34   #43
ChocolateFan
Historian

The correct string is Plugin_TokyoSU though (not Plugin_TokyuSU).
ChocolateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-21, 00:06   #44
CourierNumber6
Student

There isn't an "ExtraNG" section in my English.txt

I ended up reinstalling everything (Level Editor, TE, etc) just to make sure I had the latest versions and it still seems to give me an error when I try to install the plugin through TIDE. I'm a little afraid to try and install the plugin through NGCenter as when I did, FLEP for some reason stopped working for my level and then TIDE stopped working. That might not happen now since I reinstalled everything, but I'm hesitant to try.

EDIT: Okay, got it working! Thank you ChocolateFan and Joey79100 for the help - I just added the "ExtraNG" section in the English.txt myself. Strange that it wasn't there or TIDE didn't add that - I actually saw someone else having a similar issue for the Classic Inventory Plugin - but after doing that, the plugin installs through TIDE with no error! I made sure that the spelling for everything was correct in the script and it builds properly! Testing in game, Giant Spiders work just fine, and my FLEP features are still active!

I feel like I've been level editing and checking the forums for years, and I've gathered so much knowledge, but NG script commands, plugins, and the new Tomb Editor are still very new concepts for me

Last edited by CourierNumber6; 25-07-21 at 01:02.
CourierNumber6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-21, 15:12   #45
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Tiger stops attacking if, after triggered, Lara moves outside its ability to reach her.

I had some issues with this before, but didnít know what was going on so couldnít describe it fully. For example, if Lara triggers the tiger and then jumps in a pool of water, the tiger will walk around slowly waiting for her. No problem, but if Lara exits the water, the tiger will not resume all-out attack, and will only walk slowly and only attack again if Lara stays still standing right next to it.

It occurred to me that *maybe* this had to do with the animation connections, but Iím not sure yet. Might there be a way to fix this?
Old 27-07-21, 14:51   #46
ChocolateFan
Historian

As far as I know this can happen in TR2 too: https://youtu.be/E_se50ijTSk?list=PL...298DFAAF&t=620. So it probably is original game bug but I am not sure for the reason.
Old 26-08-21, 12:45   #47
Stryke
Student

Are there special instruction for the TR2_Flamethrower to work? I tried the five option but neither worked and I didn't see a description on which number was best. I checked the script it's fine. Is there anything special I need to do. I have the flame scripted with him too. Thank you.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-21, 18:23   #48
ChocolateFan
Historian

Can you post your script?
Old 28-08-21, 14:04   #49
Stryke
Student

Yes

Customize= CUST_TSU_OBJECTS, TR2_FLAMETHROWER1, 437, 19 , 25, 33
Customize= CUST_TSU_LINKS, TR2_FLAME1, TR2_FLAMETHROWER1, IGNORE
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-21, 18:40   #50
ChocolateFan
Historian

Your script is incorrect. You did not supply the value of EntityDMG3:

Code:
Customize=
CUST_TSU_OBJECTS,>
TR2_FLAMETHROWER1,> ; TRx_ flag
437,>               ; SlotID
19,>                ; EntityHP
25,>                ; EntityDMG1
33                  ; EntityDMG2
                    ; EntityDMG3?
Anyway the flamethrower does not use any of its damages, so you can type IGNORE in all of them. Instead, you should use the EntityDMG1 of TR2_FLAME1. And there comes the second error, which is the lack of CUST_TSU_OBJECTS for TR2_FLAME1.

Additionally, you can customize the sound that the flame plays:
Code:
Customize=CUST_TSU_PROPERTIES, TR2_FLAME1, IGNORE, Sound, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE