www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old Today, 09:21   #21
Heartache
Professor

depends on what the guy will do with his CD and what legal has to say if he goes that way first. his last post was a picture of a cd and then complete silence after
Old Today, 10:44   #22
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanrij View Post
This didn't age well and I couldn't be happier! Suddenly we've never been closer to this build. It's all so exciting, I can't even express it!

For the sake of everyone in the community that has been longing for this build all this time, I pray this means we're finally about to explore it ourselves. Us classic fans especially have gone through so much over the years. For the love of Puna, please just give us this.

In all seriousness, this is such a significant piece of Tomb Raider development history. While "Run The Gauntlet" generally set the tone for Tomb Raider 3 pretty well, visually and gameplay wise it ended up being drastically different than anything in the final game, making it feel like a completely new little adventure. Many elements in this build were ultimately scattered throughout the South Pacific section (and even a bit of Lost City of Tinnos), but pretty much nothing remained in its original form. That's why this "level" (or set of areas, perhaps) fully deserves to shine on its own and be documented thoroughly (just like the most intact version of All Hallows does). Now is the chance to preserve this build once and for all.
Here's hoping it gets released as it'd be fun to get to play it for ourselves.
Old Today, 14:21   #23
Guy N. Cognito
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache View Post
depends on what the guy will do with his CD and what legal has to say if he goes that way first. his last post was a picture of a cd and then complete silence after
Does the "complete silence" mean that there won't be anything?
Guy N. Cognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:31   #24
HarleyCroft
Archaeologist

That's crazy there's actual TR3 news in 2021
Hope the demo will be shared with the public but its probably really valuable to private collectors at this point

Edit- I just checked out the screenshots from a link above and had to add Run the Gauntlet looks incredible! Like a level from Lost Artifact or something

Last edited by HarleyCroft; Today at 14:36.
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:43   #25
ReH_
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy N. Cognito View Post
Does the "complete silence" mean that there won't be anything?
Well... We don't know. But the same happened with TRAE and now we have it in our hands. Maybe this will happen with this TR3 early build too.
Old Today, 15:09   #26
DVDSpike
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
That's crazy there's actual TR3 news in 2021
Hope the demo will be shared with the public but its probably really valuable to private collectors at this point

Edit- I just checked out the screenshots from a link above and had to add Run the Gauntlet looks incredible! Like a level from Lost Artifact or something
This is true, but considering it's currently owned by a developer and not a fan I don't see why he wouldn't want to share it with the world.
Old Today, 16:04   #27
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I never knew about this level. I've seen the E3 images before but I always thought it was the beta version of Costal Village. It amazes me how the classics still surprise us after so many years. It was the same the other month with the giant Jellyfish in Tomb Raider 2.
Old Today, 16:33   #28
Guy N. Cognito
Hobbyist

I hope this will be released soon: months ago we had that Tomb Raider PS2 Tech Demo, this year TRAE and then there will be this TR3 demo
The PS2 Tech Demo was given months ago by Adrian Smith (a member from Core) to Steve of Warr (a fan) and then released to public.
TRAE was released this year by Ash (a fan), after many months of trying to find and get the files.
C'mon TR fans. Another present for this anniversary
Guy N. Cognito is offline   Reply With Quote