Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 27-02-19, 03:11   #111
AntRaidsTombs

Who do you guys think will be revealed tomorrow?

Well it was Johnny Cage lol

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 27-02-19 at 15:56.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-19, 16:05   #112
ECB

Why does Jade look so different?

She's always been my favorite, but I don't pay much attention to the story :/
ECB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-19, 16:09   #113
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECB View Post

She's always been my favorite, but I don't pay much attention to the story :/
She's dead lol. Her and Kitana died in MK9, under the hands of Sindel. However, in MKX Kitana is a revenant who used Jade's gear in her Mournful variation. I guess they didn't know what happened to Jade. In MK11 Jade is back, but is a revenant like Kitana. She has a alternate outfit to where she is alive, and human.
Old 27-02-19, 18:52   #114
tomee

Johnny's reveal was really cool. So far he looks like the most fun character on the roster. Loved the fatality and the victory pose. I hope Cassie will bring the same campiness.

As for Jade's revenant form, while it makes sense, it's kind of weird. The fact Kitana had a variation loosely based on Jade and that Jade was not mentioned a single time in the story made me believe she was dead dead and the only way to bring her back was either time travel or a different type of reanimation, but not Quan Chi's revenant magic. I hope they do explain in the story why she was absent during MKX.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-19, 00:18   #115
Kirishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECB View Post
Midway/Netherealms was never one to keep things consistent in terms of appearance except maybe during the ps2 era games, but only for the models that were lazily recycled for Armageddon. An example would be Sub Zero in his mk9 appearance compared to his MK3 DLC costume appearance. I'd go on a bit more, but it'd end up sounding a bit too opinionated without enough facts... until I can probably compare faces.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-19, 00:59   #116
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
Midway/Netherealms was never one to keep things consistent in terms of appearance except maybe during the ps2 era games, but only for the models that were lazily recycled for Armageddon. An example would be Sub Zero in his mk9 appearance compared to his MK3 DLC costume appearance. I'd go on a bit more, but it'd end up sounding a bit too opinionated without enough facts... until I can probably compare faces.
I think they were saying as why she looked dead lol. Jade actually looks like she’s supposed to look: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuZr1X0j...=189c1g0pvan0v
Old 01-03-19, 02:09   #117
johnanonymouz

These leaked and they are legit. This is 99% the roster of the standard version of MK11! The 9 empty slots are for the pre order character, the two unlockables and the 6 dlc characters that come with the premium pack.

Last edited by johnanonymouz; 01-03-19 at 02:10.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 17:34   #118
ECB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
She's dead lol. Her and Kitana died in MK9, under the hands of Sindel. However, in MKX Kitana is a revenant who used Jade's gear in her Mournful variation. I guess they didn't know what happened to Jade. In MK11 Jade is back, but is a revenant like Kitana. She has a alternate outfit to where she is alive, and human.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Johnny's reveal was really cool. So far he looks like the most fun character on the roster. Loved the fatality and the victory pose. I hope Cassie will bring the same campiness.

As for Jade's revenant form, while it makes sense, it's kind of weird. The fact Kitana had a variation loosely based on Jade and that Jade was not mentioned a single time in the story made me believe she was dead dead and the only way to bring her back was either time travel or a different type of reanimation, but not Quan Chi's revenant magic. I hope they do explain in the story why she was absent during MKX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I think they were saying as why she looked dead lol. Jade actually looks like she’s supposed to look: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuZr1X0j...=189c1g0pvan0v
Thank you all for the clarification!

She's always been my favorite to play as. I guess they decided not to overly sexualize her this game lol.
ECB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 18:12   #119
Yeauxleaux

Jade looks pretty cool, I don't know why people are shocked that she looks black, people have been interpreting her that way for years.

I like how they "desexualise" the female characters without totally stripping their femininity and beauty away. They get that balance right. Although that said, I wish they'd get better at animating long hair, instead of having most female characters either wear a hood or an updo or something.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 02-03-19 at 18:14.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-19, 19:42   #120
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I like how they "desexualise" the female characters without totally stripping their femininity and beauty away. They get that balance right. Although that said, I wish they'd get better at animating long hair, instead of having most female characters either wear a hood or an updo or something.
I agree and disagree.
I like that they pay attention to this and want them to look badass, but I feel they are going overboard, to the point of coming across prudish. Skarlet looked ridiculous in MK9, but considering her ability to absorb blood through her skin, I was expecting her to have her arms and maybe some of her thighs exposed. Instead they put her in a straight up nun garb. Sonya is alright and Jade is kind of in a middle ground. I'm neutral to the revenant attire, but I quite liked the little green riding hood gear they showed this week.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I find the women rather unattractive so far. I'll give Sonya a pass, because she's what 45-50 in the game, but I think Skarlet's and Cassie's beauty were completely diminished by making them look so old.

She looks like someone's single auntie in her 40's who always talks **** at Thanksgiving.

And Cassie somehow aged 10-15 years even though MK11 picked up right where MKX ended.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzpzaK9WwAEJsc-.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dzpza8vWwAAMmCr.jpg

TL;DR between MK9, MKX and MK11, I think MKX appealed to me the most as far as finding a delicate balance between looking badass while still retaining a level tasteful sex appeal. MK9 made the women look trashy and MK11 is making them look old and basic.

IMO

Last edited by tomee; 02-03-19 at 20:27. Reason: typo
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote