Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > New Member Introductions, Birthdays and Congratulations

Old 12-04-19, 12:35   #1
antiquated

Cool Greetings from the UK!

Hey! I am new here

Long time fan of the Tomb Raider series, the first game I got was Tomb Raider III back when it came out. It was actually gifted to me by a family member. I remember dying repeatedly on the first level (on slope 1 in fact), so I shelved it, came back a few years later, got all the way to the water part of level 1. Too dark, couldn't see what was going on. Shelved it. Now 20 years later, I have finally come back to TR III. So far I've reached the zip line on level 1 but got stuck after that. This game hates me! (The only other game I struggled so much with was Bart vs. the Space Mutants)

I'm sure I'm not alone. I would reckon 99% of people failed to beat level 1!

Anyway, my favourite Tomb Raider is Anniversary for PS2, because it just looks great, and I've completed it too (but haven't yet got all the secrets). I got the PC version too, and the Wii version but never played that yet.

My least favourite is Angel of Darkness. I can't even get past the tutorial stage because the controls are so bad.

But I do love the atmosphere of the old games, up to and including PS2. The sound design on these games really holds up well too.

I'm not a fan of the new Tomb Raider games, it just doesn't look like Tomb Raider or Lara Croft to me. Sorry if this is an unpopular opinion here. I don't tend to play modern video games in general - the newest system I own is a PS3 and that's gathering dust. Graphics don't mean anything to me, as new games have lost a lot of the heart and soul that made the old ones special. I don't think people will play 2010's video game offerings in 20-30 years time like they do with games from the 80's/90's today.

My preferred systems are PS1, PS2 and N64. I play Wii from time to time, but motion controls still feel very "alien" to me. I also play on PC too but only older titles, the PC i have runs Windows XP and its not even connected to the 'net! In fact I don't play online at all because I prefer single player experiences. I'm a really slow adopter of new technology as you may have guessed. I prefer to sit back and see how it pans out, before rushing in to buy all the new stuff.

Anyway thanks if anyone is reading my little intro here. I look forward to checking back in to this forum soon
antiquated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 13:15   #2
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Welcome aboard.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-19, 12:50   #3
Legends

Welcome to the forums!
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-19, 15:10   #4
Alex Fly
Inactive

Hi and welcome to TRF!
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-19, 17:34   #5
TheLostSecret

Smile Hello

Welcome to the forums!!! Wishing you a good time here!
TheLostSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-19, 21:24   #6
norabrave

Welcome Raider!
norabrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-19, 18:15   #7
Deunan

Hello and welcome! I'm also playing the early games for the first time, so I'm glad to have someone to complain with when I get stuck
Deunan is offline   Reply With Quote