Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 24-04-19, 10:43   #71
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCL@R@ View Post
I think they need to reach out to some of the ex core employees and bring them in.
Why would they? There was one former Core employee saying all kinds of nasty stuff on the that trolling FB page, the amazon I think it's called, so why would SE hire him to their staff?
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 12:03   #72
Linoshi Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Why would they? There was one former Core employee saying all kinds of nasty stuff on the that trolling FB page, the amazon I think it's called, so why would SE hire him to their staff?
Like what?
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 12:14   #73
FanosCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
I definitely feel like the reboot is Uncharted inspired. The combat especially is extremely similar, as well as the art style. Even Lara's outfit looks just like Elena's from UC1.
Well hello genius, someone from CD said from the start that they really like uncharted and took inspiration from it.
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 13:40   #74
Tsarina

I honestly would love if Naughty Dog took over the TR franchise. Now that Uncharted has ended and I don’t think they’ll be making more, it would be nice to see a TR game reimagined from a different developer. Especially since the origin story is over ND could start fresh with an adult Lara.
The Lost Legacy was one of the best action adventure games I’ve played. The character development for Chloe was great, the visuals beautiful, and the gameplay was fun. It also shows that ND is really great at storytelling and script. That’s something that TR lacks right now. A good story and an animation upgrade. You can dislike uncharted and the characters but you’ve got to admit ND has some really great elements. I think they’d be able to take aspects of what makes a TR game and make it into something truly amazing.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 13:40   #75
Mr GaGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
Was Tomb Raider 2013 really inspired by Uncharted? I don’t really think it was, in reality before Uncharted even existed we had Tomb Raider Legend, which was basically Uncharted. Legend is the game that started a lot of things Tomb Raider still uses.
Cinematic storytelling, that feeling of playing a movie, quick time events, action set pieces, more emotional underlying story, automated platforming e.c.t In fact most of the things TR gets accused of “ripping off from Uncharted”, TR was actually doing first. Really the only thing is manual aim and cover based, which wasn’t really copying as it’s what most games use today.
Just a thought
It's like you are the only one using common sense and posting actual facts. I completely agree with you.

Uncharted and naughty dog Stan's love to say TR copied UC. It's like they never played TR Legend at all.
Mr GaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 15:05   #76
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
I honestly would love if Naughty Dog took over the TR franchise. Now that Uncharted has ended and I don’t think they’ll be making more, it would be nice to see a TR game reimagined from a different developer. Especially since the origin story is over ND could start fresh with an adult Lara.
The Lost Legacy was one of the best action adventure games I’ve played. The character development for Chloe was great, the visuals beautiful, and the gameplay was fun. It also shows that ND is really great at storytelling and script. That’s something that TR lacks right now. A good story and an animation upgrade. You can dislike uncharted and the characters but you’ve got to admit ND has some really great elements. I think they’d be able to take aspects of what makes a TR game and make it into something truly amazing.
I'll tell you something: Lost Legacy is cute, but I had to mute the dialogues.
And that's something I never do.
The incessant snarky back-and-forth between MC and buddy was .
Which is why my signature says " Naughty Dog is only good at making people talk while you don't press anything" : because while I'm playing the game I don't want to be forced to listen to any of a corny, overpretentious, unfunny writer's uninspired bs.
Insomniac did the same with Spiderman, R&C Remake and Sunset Overdrive and it was so annoying.

but aside of that, I'll admit that if you take Lost Legacy, remove the stealth, replace 98% of the humans with animals and replace the cover shooting with a revamped classic combat... well, that could be a good start.

but anyway, I don't think there's a studio out there that has the exclusive to Good Ideas.
I think it's more of a matter of will than talent.

Last edited by killchan; 24-04-19 at 15:09.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 15:34   #77
Tsarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
I'll tell you something: Lost Legacy is cute, but I had to mute the dialogues.
And that's something I never do.
The incessant snarky back-and-forth between MC and buddy was .
Which is why my signature says " Naughty Dog is only good at making people talk while you don't press anything" : because while I'm playing the game I don't want to be forced to listen to any of a corny, overpretentious, unfunny writer's uninspired bs.
Insomniac did the same with Spiderman, R&C Remake and Sunset Overdrive and it was so annoying.

but aside of that, I'll admit that if you take Lost Legacy, remove the stealth, replace 98% of the humans with animals and replace the cover shooting with a revamped classic combat... well, that could be a good start.

but anyway, I don't think there's a studio out there that has the exclusive to Good Ideas.
I think it's more of a matter of will than talent.
I get that for sure, but I think if Lara were alone ND would be able to capture the classic Lara. I don’t think Lara should have a companion, hence I don’t think there would be that snarky dialogue. But Lara herself is snarky, at least in the classics. I think ND could pull that off well with Lara. Even if she was by herself and her interactions with antagonists etc I think ND could capture Lara’s classic personality way better than CD did.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 16:48   #78
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
I get that for sure, but I think if Lara were alone ND would be able to capture the classic Lara. I don’t think Lara should have a companion, hence I don’t think there would be that snarky dialogue. But Lara herself is snarky, at least in the classics. I think ND could pull that off well with Lara. Even if she was by herself and her interactions with antagonists etc I think ND could capture Lara’s classic personality way better than CD did.
well, I think in-game dialogue is fine in general. I haven't player LAU in a while , but I remember it handled it pretty well.
the thing about ND is that they treat that aspect as one of their selling points or something... if not fanservice.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-19, 17:31   #79
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
Was Tomb Raider 2013 really inspired by Uncharted? I don’t really think it was, in reality before Uncharted even existed we had Tomb Raider Legend, which was basically Uncharted. Legend is the game that started a lot of things Tomb Raider still uses.
Cinematic storytelling, that feeling of playing a movie, quick time events, action set pieces, more emotional underlying story, automated platforming e.c.t In fact most of the things TR gets accused of “ripping off from Uncharted”, TR was actually doing first. Really the only thing is manual aim and cover based, which wasn’t really copying as it’s what most games use today.
Just a thought
I disagree on one thing. Uncharted of course was inspired by Legend. However TRL isn't like Uncharted, it didn't play like a movie at all.

Cinematic storytelling : yes, as well as AOD
Feeling playing like a movie : no you are free in LAU
QTE : yes
Action set pieces : barely but it exists yes
Emotional : yes
Automated platforming : yes
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-19, 01:40   #80
veigafd

Well,I want ND to took TR because I know that they would make something special. They arent as Dumb as some people claim them to be in the movie/game department.
And also, Sony promote their games Very well, and like it or not, TR always do well in PS and Pc.
But I don't know How the "Friendship" is with MS right now, and what If...MS turn the tables next gen and surpass PS...
veigafd is offline   Reply With Quote