Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 28-06-08, 07:45   #671
aussie500
Golden

Golden Logo does make for sense to someone who is a Tomb Raider, Lara might not raid for riches, but l am sure she brings a fair bit of gold home.

l always liked the more natural sandstone logo, or even just sand, the more fiery logo certainly caught my attention. The movie logo's with their pristine modern metal look just never seemed like they belonged, this one looks more like gold with a sandstone texture.

Last edited by aussie500; 28-06-08 at 08:32.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-08, 10:19   #672
Drone

heh fallen angel sounds good too

pics I've never seen b4

[IMG]http://i27.************/2hduqzs.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i30.************/ruo7pi.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i25.************/b879sm.jpg[/IMG]
Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-08, 10:21   #673
Drone

and this with Nephilims

[IMG]http://i32.************/24436n8.jpg[/IMG]
Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-08, 10:37   #674
KIKO

The second pic of the train is obviously on Parisian Ghetto. If you look, that zone was going to be alot different. There was initially a bridge. Now that remembers me of something that might explain why Lara ended up inside that train in Parisian Ghetto at the begining. Well for you the 1st trailer/teaser we saw, the one in Chronicles disk, well that trailer means alot to me. Of course that's not ingame but the idea for that level is exactly the same. Somehow the Police went after Lara like in the trailer and she just throw herself of the bridge and that fall seems too high so she landed inside the old train let's imagine that it had a hole on the celling for Lara to end up on the floor. Probably got unconscious. Do you ever think that Lara would sleep in such dirty floor ? Of course not. Some accident happened and the throwing off the bridge was it. I'm almost sure of this. Let's see Aussie's opinion about this.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-08, 10:47   #675
Pietras

I like the "Fallen Angel" title better. Though shouldn't it actually be "THE Fallen Angel"? (that's a question to English native folks)
Pietras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-08, 10:50   #676
Tomb of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Golden Logo does make for sense to someone who is a Tomb Raider, Lara might not raid for riches, but l am sure she brings a fair bit of gold home.

l always liked the more natural sandstone logo, or even just sand, the more fiery logo certainly caught my attention. The movie logo's with their pristine modern metal look just never seemed like they belonged, this one looks more like gold with a sandstone texture.
Lol, I think your looking into it took much.
Tomb of Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-08, 11:43   #677
KIKO

ok Aussie so I bring them to here instead. Links instead
Ok so i need some help in understanding what these could represent in the game.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...08/police1.jpg
This one is most likely an old map of what the parisian back streets could have been. And it shows how the first fours levels where going to be all together.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...police10-1.jpg
This one shows that Lara was going to be able to throw rocks near Police to distract them.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i.../police2-1.jpg
Well some alleway and stuff. Lara is caught here by the police if she is noticed. There's a door where they take her, maybe to the Police Station ??

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i.../police3-1.jpg
This could be the street where there is that trash thing she falls on after Industrial Rooftops

I need to know if someone agrees with this theory I said. There's proof of there being the Police Station which could have been after talking to Carvier. I'm really confused about this

Last edited by KIKO; 29-06-08 at 12:11.
Old 29-06-08, 12:16   #678
aussie500
Golden

Just quoting the post the art was in would have been OK KIKO, you could have just removed the ones you did not want to talk about.

The first one is only showing the progression through the levels, the levels were never going to be all together since the PS2 did not have the memory to load them all at once, there were always going to be loading times between levels.

She is thrown into the back of a a police van if caught, we do not know what would have happened after that, if she evades them she enters the apartment block, that might not have even been in the final game, although it could have been an early version of the Derelict Apartment Block or perhaps even the one she ran into at the start of the game.

There were two dumpsters like the one Lara fell into at different points on the map, although possibly they were meant to be the same. Neither looked like the narrow alley in the picture, it looks like it just collapsed as Lara was climbing down, and there does not seem to be a bin in sight.

[/quote]

Last edited by aussie500; 29-06-08 at 12:31.
Old 29-06-08, 12:31   #679
KIKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
The first one is only showing the progression through the levels, the levels were never going to be all together since the PS2 did not have the memory to load them all at once, there were always going to be loading times between levels.
Yes i know that the PS2 couldn't load all that. But i read it somwhere that they were supposed to be together if the PS2 could handle the loading times.

Quote:
She is thrown into the back of a a police van if caught, we do not know what would have happened after that, if she evades them she enters the apartment block, that might not have even been in the final game.
I think that the first trailer showed something. Yes I know that you said that it was a teaser and it just showed what the game is about. However i think that it compiled some of the ideas of the game.

The One escaping from the museum is there and we had one. Well do you remember the one when she throws herself of the bridge ? Well there's a concept of the Parisian Ghetto where we see a train and a bridge above. The fall must have been high and she somehow fall through a celling window of the train and landed inside, problaby got unsconcious or was tired and decided to rest. There she could have dreamed with something. It's the only explanation to wake up in a train the next day. With this i showed that that teaser had the game ideas.

So the warehouse with chains we saw was in Paris. It could never had been in Prague neither the Serpent Rouge. The first thing it occured me was that when I saw a pic of Eckhardt chained and Lara finding him near the door, a concept, i though that warehouse was the place were they kept eckhardt. When i saw the chains there it was very suspicious, but no Eckhardt was imprisioned on a Castle and not in a Warehouse. So the only possibility is that the Warehouse is the place where the police lock Lara in with those chains. I know it seems too violent to have such chains in there, but Lara is accused of a crime and if that is the Police might relate her to the other crimes and thinking of her as if she was the Monstrum, so there's the reason to such chains. And so there's no Police Station but a Police Warehouse and she escaped from it like we saw in the teaser. It is really possible that the trailer is connected to the story even if you think it doesn't. It makes sense.

But what confuses me the most is when would she get caught ? Not in Parisian Back Streets. I know that there are loads of streets around this level but those streets where never finished and where only there for the next levels for the players to think how big the place is and to not see the black around buildings there has to be something to not show the black around the buildings from the Level Editor. And that's why i think that this chapter was all united but got separated because of the PS2 loadings.
Parisian Back Streets was to have two routes, the goal is to reach the Derelict Apartment. Then somehow the Police helicopter locates her and she enters the Apartment. The only possibility to get caught is after Margot Carvier's Apartment. Maybe after talking to her we would have to run on the streets and maybe she would get caught there.

Does this make sense ?

Last edited by KIKO; 29-06-08 at 12:42.
Old 29-06-08, 13:41   #680
aussie500
Golden

She was sleeping on the train, her presence there had nothing to do with a fall, and the bridge Lara jumped over was outside the museum, it was going over the river not an old disused railway line.

Not even a PC could load all those textures at once KIKO, and l really doubt the chains had anything to do with Lara, Lara as far as we know was never caught by the cabal in Paris and police do not use manacles and chains in warehouses. The warehouse was probably an early concept for the Strahov.