www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 13-09-19, 18:30   #31021
rewak
Professor

I think some complaining is warranted though. This isn't a surprise, Capcom are always chasing after popular ideas, but it's still annoying when they try to mash those ideas into an existing IP just to milk the fans of that franchise. They could create an original IP to better fit these ideas but they don't, they treat existing fans as cash machines that will buy anything with a popular name attached, and yes i know this is business but it doesn't make the insult any less harsh. Not that i can talk i suppose, i imported a physical copy of Umbrella Corps just to keep up my collection so i'm part of that problem. It's also frustrating to see them do this when the brand of RE was so damaged after RE6 and they've just built it back up, people are responding to it again instead of shunning it, but again this is what Capcom do. It's not worth getting worked up about, but it is worth shaking your head at.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-19, 19:03   #31022
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Why shouldn't they make multiplayer RE games when multiplayer RE games make them more money ?

RE 6,5 and ORC were hugely successful for Capcom.
Capcom even wanted to work more with Slant six games but modders finding Battlefront online models in ORC made them to cancel it.
https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/03/ope...lefront-3-did/
I just think that they shouldn't make multiplayer Resident Evil games because the ones they have made haven't been very good, not all games are built for multiplayer or co-op for example Dead Space 2 didn't need multiplayer and Dead Space 3 definitely didn't need co-op as a result of the unnecessary co-op Dead Space 3 was significantly less scary and Resident Evil just didn't need multiplayer, multiplayer should be left to games like Call of Duty which was built with multiplayer in mind while Resident Evil and other games have had multiplayer added unnecessarily.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-19, 20:12   #31023
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Outbreak was the best Multiplayer game I've ever played and nothing will ever top that so I completely disagree
Old 13-09-19, 20:33   #31024
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
This game is created in the RE engine and has RE2 REmake style gameplay and could easily be mistaken for Outbreak so that logic doesn't really work well.
Maybe based on the CG teaser trailer and......that's stretching it. Once the actual gameplay is shown, they are extremely different. Outbreak had:

- Atmosphere
- Interesting level design.
- New Enemies
- Tense Music (Outbreak's theme is one of the best in the series)
- Classic puzzle gameplay
- Cutscenes with story elements that relate to the canon
- Interesting characters

I could go on. This game is maybe Outbreak at it's most basic description, an online RE game. Sure it has characters with different abilities, but they approach that aspect very different from each other. The Outbreak cast had to also deal with what supplies were available in the level and couldn't buy anything on the fly, which lends itself more to what the series is supposed to be about.
Old 13-09-19, 20:53   #31025
matrix54
Tomb Raider

A modern Outbreak would do very well. That game was ahead of its time and would perform quite well in todayís market. I donít know what this is. I guess it could be fun for a bit, but not long term.
Old 14-09-19, 08:54   #31026
dg1995
Explorer

I haven't played outbreak in my life(Since the time I knew about the game's existence it had already been shut down.)

From what I've heard Capcom made some huge mistakes with that game. Lack of voice chat and text chat was a huge mistake.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 10:12   #31027
jajay119
Tomb Raider

The biggest mistake Capcom made was not working to ensure the load times between levels were shorter: the game has some of the longest and most irritatingly scored loading screens in any game ever made itís always made them somewhat unplayable to me. Everything else can be forgiven due to how primitive online play on PS2 was. You could argue they should have used the outbreak series to launch the franchise on the Xbox which had a better infrastructure for online but theyíd already alienated their fan base, historically on PlayStation, by releasing REmak, Zero and RE4 exclusively on GameCube.
Old 14-09-19, 12:13   #31028
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

@jajay119 don't forget Code Veronica which was a Dreamcast exclusive.

I bought a GameCube just so I could play the remake, RE0 and RE4.

I have a question for anyone that has completed RE7 in under 4 hours, does pausing the game stop the clock it would make finishing the game in under 4 hours a lot easier if I didn't have to constantly keep an eye on the time.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 12:25   #31029
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
@jajay119 don't forget Code Veronica which was a Dreamcast exclusive.

I bought a GameCube just so I could play the remake, RE0 and RE4.

I have a question for anyone that has completed RE7 in under 4 hours, does pausing the game stop the clock it would make finishing the game in under 4 hours a lot easier if I didn't have to constantly keep an eye on the time.
I kinda give CV/CVX a free pass as the situation was different. The jump in quality, visually, between RE3 and CV make me feel they needed more power to do that game. Given CV released in Feb 2000 and the PS2 didnít release until Oct/Nov 2000 and then CVX released on PS2 in March 01 I feel like it was an acceptable exclusivity and had they been able to release it across DreamCast and PS2 at the same time they may have done.

Remake, Zero and 4 were part of a lengthy deal to
Have all pillar releases on GameCube which is why the PS2 got games like Outbreak and Dead Aim round that time.
Old 14-09-19, 16:02   #31030
dg1995
Explorer

I think the main reason for RE's gamecube exclusivity deal was due to this that developers weren't satisfied with PS2 hardware.It kinda annoyed them for Devil May Cry 1.(Similar to Itagaki that decided to move Ninja Gaiden and DOA franchise from PS2.)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ailed-in-japan

It was also around 2000-2001 the time that no one expected PS2 to crush other consoles.
And everyone knew that PS2 was going to be much weaker than Xbox and GC.(That's why game's like Max Payne and Splinter Cell were hugely downgraded to run on PS2)

RE could become Xbox exclusive but based on that article, it's meeting didn't go well.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote