www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 28-05-20, 17:48   #33541
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Dusted off my RE1 Remake for PC today..

Making some new mods (sadly only texture edits)

I made Jill's STARS outfit more blue like RE1 and Nemesis.
Currently making Chris's costume closer to the original game too.
Ever since RE2's extreme battle - they lightened his vest and edit some colours.
So I made it darker removed the logo from his back.
Plan to do the same for Rebecca too.

I also made a mod of Chris's outfit from Code Veronica's battle mode rank screen.
It actually suits him very well in Remake

It also gives me chance to replay this game after so long.
I can post a couple of screens if anyone is interested?
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-20, 17:55   #33542
noonbob
Professor

dcw123 What are you waiting for? Post them
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-20, 18:38   #33543
dcw123
Relic Hunter

The Blue Jill mod quite a lot of people have also made.. most of the mods are simple ports from other RE games (play as Ada, Claire, Wesker etc)

But not a lot of people made new original stuff.. so here goes.
AFAIK I'm the first to make Chris's classic colour scheme and his CV rank screen costume.

I really like this one the best, the blue just really pops.
From Code Veronica's Battle Mode result screen.

Jill's STARS outfit now has its proper blue colouring (instead of greyed out)
Ironically the Beta version of the GC release had this blue tint.. maybe they felt it stood out too much from the darker tone of the backgrounds?

These mods were all the way back in 2015.. I decided to restart modding.
Here is Chris in his original colours too (also without the stars logo on the back)

Apologies for the naff attempt at graphic design haha - its basic as hell

Last edited by dcw123; 28-05-20 at 18:40.
Old 28-05-20, 19:21   #33544
noonbob
Professor

They're all very good did you use higher textures too? Chris's are looking nice and crisp
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-20, 22:34   #33545
Lord Lulu
Explorer

@dcw123

I didn't know you made mods. The pictures look good. That's some good work.

I would say that all the outfits have had there colors toned down. It is harder to tell on some. Jill's are the most obvious. They do look more grey than blue. But otherwise the outfits are faithful.

Resident Evil 1 Remake is the best one remake they made. Sad that it didn't do to well when it originally released. Now I wonder if they changed anything from the GameCube port to the HD Remaster.
Old 28-05-20, 22:54   #33546
killchan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
Resident Evil 1 Remake is the best one remake they made. Sad that it didn't do to well when it originally released. Now I wonder if they changed anything from the GameCube port to the HD Remaster.
Oh, I know this one.

- Unlocked framerate on PC
- Optional modern controls , which allow for easier dodging manouvers
- RE5 skins for Jill and Chris
- Difficulty: in the HD remaster if you start the game from a completely fresh copy of the game you'll only get access to Normal, Easy and Very Easy... but the descriptions were subtle and that's why most people picked the one in the middle (Easy).

https://i.imgur.com/F81g998.jpg

The original on Gamecube only had Normal and Easy, and the captions were pretty straightforward on their actual meaning.

https://i.imgur.com/9XEnK4e.jpg

At first people saw "Fulfilling but takes a lot of work" in the remaster so they assumed Capcom unlocked hard from the get go... but then they played it and realzed that was actually the equivalent of Normal as it was on Gamecube.

Last edited by killchan; 28-05-20 at 22:59.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-20, 23:33   #33547
dcw123
Relic Hunter

^ this.

The HD Port is also bugged - Capcom never fixed it.
Dunno how they managed it really.. clearly didn't care to patch it.
All background music is double the speed it should be, making the slow eerie tracks faster and high pitched.
It becomes unbearable later on after the mansion.
On PS4 I had to turn BGM off altogether..

PC fans managed to fix the issue and even restore some beta stuff.
For example, the painting puzzle was meant to have music once solved like the original game. The music is online somewhere if ya search for it.
Its laughable really. Fans need to make more games lol

Randomly decided (after emulation was complete hell) to buy a second hand Sega Saturn with TR1 and RE1.
I already own both on PS1 but was interested by all the unique differences.
Exclusive costumes, altered character models, battle mode etc etc

Last edited by dcw123; 29-05-20 at 12:02.
Old 29-05-20, 16:01   #33548
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

^ its literally only a couple of BGMs that are slightly faster, it's not even close to 5. It's hardly something turning off the atmosphere over.

And besides that issue with music, it's a really good port for the most part. Besides fixing music, they could rerendered all BGs instead of only a few selected ones like they did with RE0.
The models also look pretty nice.
Old 29-05-20, 16:49   #33549
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

To be honest, looking back at the RE3 remake the biggest issue the game had was that it was a remake of RE3. The game itself in terms of its graphics, story and gameplay is very good. I'm in a rare position in that I played the original after the remake and to be honest, I prefer the remake. Considering the game was mostly outsourced they have done a remarkable job in producing a great game. Yes, I do agree that it's slightly too short but that's really my only criticism.

Also to be honest while RE6 goes completely against the series before it, it is a fun game, especially in co-op. Same goes for RE5.
Old 29-05-20, 21:01   #33550
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

I dunno about that, I mean imagine someone who's only played RE2make and then R3make. The game is just painfully lacking in content by comparison despite being the same price. Being a remake means people can easily focus on what could and should have been there in the first place, but even on it's own it clearly needed something more to be great.

Being a side or budget title like revelations can merit leniency, the fact the dev's outsourced it does not, in my opinion. And even revelations had raid mode to add replayability. Plus, the game re-uses a lot of assets from the previous one, that's exactly the kind of situation where people would expect a bigger game, not a smaller one.

Compare Fallout: New Vegas, an outsourced sequel made on a very tight timeframe compared to RE3. It also re-used a lot of assets, but even with the tight timeline the game is larger, not smaller.

5 is a fun and well designed action co-op game, and the sales figures and reception reflect that. 6 was a far more poorly designed experience, and that was reflected in the feedback. People can overlook straying from the formula when it makes something good, but when it plays like **** it just causes even more backlash. 5 used QTE's at least somewhat sparingly and allowed you to move through and explore most areas at your own pace. 6 on the other hand wrestles control away from the player every two minute for some scripted QTE or chase sequence. The game expects you to go along with it so much, that the seams come flying apart when you don't. Kill a horde of zombies before you jump a gap? You still trip with the camera dramatically showing the empty pit. Stop and shoot the horde of zombies chasing you until the hallway is clear and empty? As soon as you walk through the door an NPC is being dragged out by a magically teleporting horde.

Last edited by Uzi master; 29-05-20 at 21:11.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote