www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 12-02-20, 06:32   #19371
lance6439
Legend

it seems like every day I start to realize or think that these 3 origin games were so unnecessary. She coulda easily developed into the "tomb raider" after the first game and its so frustrating

shadow flopped so the gimmick for the next game is that they'll hint/include CLara elements but I wont fall for it this time again. I'll wait a week when its on sale for 80% off

-

this is cute

Last edited by lance6439; 12-02-20 at 06:36.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 06:53   #19372
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
it seems like every day I start to realize or think that these 3 origin games were so unnecessary. She coulda easily developed into the "tomb raider" after the first game and its so frustrating

shadow flopped so the gimmick for the next game is that they'll hint/include CLara elements but I wont fall for it this time again. I'll wait a week when its on sale for 80% off

-

this is cute

These graphics look really good wtf. imagine if they added specular, bump, and ray traced shadows. omg
Old 12-02-20, 08:02   #19373
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:

They did that Gimmick with Rise as well, I can't wait for us to get TWO pistols in the next one but the gameplay is still a boring generic cover shooter that feels like I'll go braindead if I play any longer.
Old 12-02-20, 12:33   #19374
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

2 days till the official TR social account won't wish Lara a happy birthday
Old 12-02-20, 12:35   #19375
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

2 days until people have an aneurysm over it
Old 12-02-20, 13:04   #19376
Aerie
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
They did that Gimmick with Rise as well, I can't wait for us to get TWO pistols in the next one but the gameplay is still a boring generic cover shooter that feels like I'll go braindead if I play any longer.
The reason I won't buy it.

And even if the implement more classic elements it won't be enough.
Old 12-02-20, 19:52   #19377
SpyrosMonster
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
2 days till the official TR social account gives us even more proof they are incompetent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
2 days until people have an aneurysm over it
Baby steps...
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 20:02   #19378
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
They don't have a community manager yet as far as we know, so yeah, it probably won't happen.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 20:45   #19379
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
One part stories for character development, be it either games, movies or books, are terrible if the character needs to go through such severe changes (which is what pre Endurance Lara needed in order to the "the TR"). It would take an incredible writing team and probably a lot of time skips to make it work properly in a single game.

3 games would be perfect for developing Lara into an updated classic Lara slowly and in a well made manner. They just lost their hand at it and stopped her development at around 75% of 2013 for both Rise and Shadow and went back to old and tired tropes no one wanted back *squints at Richard*

There are plenty of things we could have seen first hand that would have been much better than what we got. Like Lara learning how to drive dangerously, learning how to fight hand to hand, learning to separate what is myth and what is real when researching about supernatural mysteries, creating connections and starting to make a name for herself in the archaeological field and all that comes with it (dealing with fame, creating enemies, etc), struggling with money and how to fund her trips. There are thousands of paths they could have explored with Lara as a clean slate.

Throne of Glass and Game of Thrones are wonderful examples of how to keep developing a character in a believable and satisfying manner across multiple entries in the same franchise.
Old 12-02-20, 20:55   #19380
SnatchingEdges
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
One part stories for character development, be it either games, movies or books, are terrible if the character needs to go through such severe changes (which is what pre Endurance Lara needed in order to the "the TR"). It would take an incredible writing team and probably a lot of time skips to make it work properly in a single game.

3 games would be perfect for developing Lara into an updated classic Lara slowly and in a well made manner. They just lost their hand at it and stopped her development at around 75% of 2013 for both Rise and Shadow and went back to old and tired tropes no one wanted back *squints at Richard*

There are plenty of things we could have seen first hand that would have been much better than what we got. Like Lara learning how to drive dangerously, learning how to fight hand to hand, learning to separate what is myth and what is real when researching about supernatural mysteries, creating connections and starting to make a name for herself in the archaeological field and all that comes with it (dealing with fame, creating enemies, etc), struggling with money and how to fund her trips. There are thousands of paths they could have explored with Lara as a clean slate.

Throne of Glass and Game of Thrones are wonderful examples of how to keep developing a character in a believable and satisfying manner across multiple entries in the same franchise.
I agree with your comment, but...

someone using Throne of Glass as a reference? Am I dreaming? Is this a crossover episode? Sarah J. Mas? Celaena Sardothien?