www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 31-05-20, 02:46   #1
TombRager
Student

Unhappy I can't get TombATI to work, it simply crashes!

Hello, these days I have been getting some urges to go back and play Tomb Raider, which I decided to go and play the first game, so I wanted to use this TombATI stuff, but there my excitement for going to play the game is simply ruined.

I installed the game correctly and everything, I'm through Steam by the way,
then I installed TombATI, did everything correctly but it simply doesn't boots at all! The thing simply decides to crash! I tried to add compatibility mode and run as an administrator but no result at all: when I try to execute "tombati.exe", a small window reading "Tomb Raider" shows up for a brief moment and afterwards I receive a message that says "tombati.exe has stopped working".

I hope someone can help me with this, because my whole vibe to have some fun in this game was ruined because of this and now while I write this I sit here infrustration like an idiot with a huge long face over this.

thanks.
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-20, 02:48   #2
TombRager
Student

By the way, I have a 64 MB video card if that helps.
Old 31-05-20, 14:12   #3
TombRager
Student

Please someone help me with this!
Old 31-05-20, 19:06   #4
ANoDE
Golden

Can you maybe post a picture of the folder where your tombati.exe is in?

Crashes on startup might me missing data files.
Old 31-05-20, 19:24   #5
Danath
Archaeologist

Lightbulb A solution

Hi, after seeing this thread yesterday i was also having problems getting TR1 to work with TombATI, in this case the GOG version.

I found an awesome solution on the steam forums, something called TR Automated Fix -> TR Automated Fix link
After doing a clean install, this executable configures everything for you to use TombATI, and includes amazing optional remastered HD videos as an install option.

This works perfectly for me.
Old 01-06-20, 20:57   #6
TombRager
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Can you maybe post a picture of the folder where your tombati.exe is in?

Crashes on startup might me missing data files.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
Hi, after seeing this thread yesterday i was also having problems getting TR1 to work with TombATI, in this case the GOG version.
It is located on C:\TOMBATI, and I'm using the last version (1.7), which automatically sets up the data files and all that. I also tried setting them up manually but no luck.

I found an awesome solution on the steam forums, something called TR Automated Fix -> TR Automated Fix link
After doing a clean install, this executable configures everything for you to use TombATI, and includes amazing optional remastered HD videos as an install option.

This works perfectly for me.
I tried it but the same thing happens. I press "Tomb Raider I" to launch TR1 of course, and my toolbar becomes plain white for a couple of seconds then "tombati.exe has stopped working" pops up.

I would have gave up and not came back to playing Tomb Raider again, but I just wanted to play the games so badly so I just began to play it through the DOSBOX launcher it comes with. Having lots of fun here but if there would still be a way to fix it, I think I would have even more fun. But anyways, thanks guys!
Old 01-06-20, 21:11   #7
Danath
Archaeologist

Lightbulb

Did you uninstall the game first before trying the automated fix? It may not work unless it's a clean install.

After installing that fix there's a "tombATIConfigure" exe that lets you select between normal and expansion, then the tombati exe is for normal, tombub for Unfinished Business.
Old 01-06-20, 21:29   #8
Opaque79
Archaeologist

Quote:
Did you uninstall the game first before trying the automated fix? It may not work unless it's a clean install.

After installing that fix there's a "tombATIConfigure" exe that lets you select between normal and expansion, then the tombati exe is for normal, tombub for Unfinished Business.
The TombATIConfigure.exe isn't for selecting games. It's for selecting texture packs. The Automated Fix has a launcher to select the games
Opaque79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 21:37   #9
Danath
Archaeologist

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaque79 View Post
The TombATIConfigure.exe isn't for selecting games. It's for selecting texture packs. The Automated Fix has a launcher to select the games
Oh i thought you had to select the expansion there first, sorry about that.
Old 01-06-20, 22:08   #10
TombRager
Student

Quote:

I've just tried that, still no luck.