Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 22-04-15, 17:33   #23471
AshesBorn

I'm almost done with LR. I only have the final boss to beat, and that's it.
I enjoyed the game a lot more than XIII-2, but I believe that both sequels were rather unnecessary. After finishing XIII I was dying to play XIII-2 and LR, but it quickly became very clear that the devs had much less time to work on these two games compared to XIII, which resulted in very uneven presentation and painfully weak stories. XIII-2 and LR both had some amazing moments and concepts, but unfortunately they didn't live up to what they could've been had the developers been given more time to polish things.

In any case, I totally see myself replaying XIII and LR in the future. XIII-2 not so much.
AshesBorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 12:07   #23472
xcrushterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCroft:AOD View Post
Lightning returns is my fav ff ever.
Lies detected.
xcrushterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 12:16   #23473
fondantcookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesBorn View Post
XIII-2 not so much.
XIII-2 is an easy platinum. After that I never touched it...and don't ever intend to again. Walking through that grey place (vile peaks?) over and over bored the hell out of me...
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 12:36   #23474
Hyper_Crazy

How do we make somewhere look like it's 200 years in the future? I know, let's add snow!
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 13:13   #23475
fondantcookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy View Post
How do we make somewhere look like it's 200 years in the future? I know, let's add snow!
Haha yeah you'd thin the ruins would've slipped into disrepair or there would be some change to layout or technology...

I like 13-2, but it was just a bit meh to be honest... It annoyed me how difficult it was to recruit some of the characters and the coliseum was the only place where the fights were challenging..
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 13:16   #23476
DragonSlayer

So what is her official name Aeris or Aerith?

To quote Captain Brannigan Kif we have a conundrum.

Joking aside i've always called her Aeris and i always will, Aerith doesn't sound right.

The only FF character whose name i mispronounced was Red the 13th, i wasn't familiar with roman numerals before FF7 so i called him Red the 8th instead of Red the 13th.

I've been calling him Red the 8th for so long i don't call him anything else, i could have edited his name to be Red the 8th but i never like to change the character's original names.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 13:58   #23477
ajrich17901

Don't really care what her proper name is, Aeris is easier to say so I'm sticking with that.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 14:19   #23478
xcrushterx

Pretty sure it's Aerith, but there's not much consistency so call her whatever you like.
xcrushterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 16:27   #23479
ultima espio

You can get The After Years on Steam from May 12th.

and I've just bought it on iOS
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-15, 17:36   #23480
Hyper_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantcookie View Post
Haha yeah you'd thin the ruins would've slipped into disrepair or there would be some change to layout or technology...

I like 13-2, but it was just a bit meh to be honest... It annoyed me how difficult it was to recruit some of the characters and the coliseum was the only place where the fights were challenging..
Same. It's my least favourite of the trilogy but it does fix a lot of XIII's flaws, but then it creates so many of it's own:

Lame monster system. I wasn't expecting anything on the level of Pokémon but
I don't like what we got. I would have preferred a third party member, or even playing through the game with the Paradigm Pack but be able to get Lightning as a third party member with all of her roles unlocked.

Time travel, why? Time travel can easily ruin a story, and it did not only that but ruined the gameplay too - areas aren't connected and everything feels disjointed. 10 or so base maps and all the others are only slightly difference versions of the base maps.

The Coliseum was the best part of the game agreed, but it was all DLC you had to pay for. Ridiculous..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
So what is her official name Aeris or Aerith?

To quote Captain Brannigan Kif we have a conundrum.

Joking aside i've always called her Aeris and i always will, Aerith doesn't sound right.

The only FF character whose name i mispronounced was Red the 13th, i wasn't familiar with roman numerals before FF7 so i called him Red the 8th instead of Red the 13th.

I've been calling him Red the 8th for so long i don't call him anything else, i could have edited his name to be Red the 8th but i never like to change the character's original names.
Aerith is official. Aeris does sound better but I still rename her to Aerith when I play VII.

Do you actually say it as Red the 13th? I just say Red XIII, Red the Thirteenth sounds too posh.
I rename his to Nanaki these days, real name and all. Same with Garnet, I never call her Dagger now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima espio View Post
You can get The After Years on Steam from May 12th.
[/youtube]

and I've just bought it on iOS
No1 cur. TAY is a bit meh.
There isn't a download for just TAY on the App Store on it's own, it come's bundled with FFIV, but I already have that. Unless I'm blind.
Hyper_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote