www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 18-01-15, 15:10   #1
Paolone
Explorer

Default Some fixing for trng 1.2.2.7 (download of 1.2.2.7 +)

Here you find an unofficial update for 1.2.2.7 release.
I called it "unofficial" because I've not found another word (english is a weird language for me, or at least it seems that when I'm using it )

The peculiarities of this update are many:
- The tomb_nextgeneration.dll is yet with 1.2.2.7 version numbers, with only the adding of "+" (plus sign) in its properties
- There is no self-extractor but it is a common zip file.
- It's missing an updating for ng_center program as it happened usually
- And last but not least, it has no real new features but only fixings

The reason of this untraditional updating it's because I knew about some bad bugs of 1.2.2.7 release and since I need yet of some month to release the next 1.2.2.8 release I prefered give to you in advance these fixing.
The library is yet the old 1.2.2.7 and this should promise full compatibility with your levels built for 1.2.2.7 release, while the coming soon 1.2.2.8 is a bit different also for internal binary format of some level file.

I prefered omit the self-installer (.exe format) because some antivirus programs considered it as a malaware. In spite it was a false-positive I prefer do not use ever that kind of selfextractor to avoid doubts.

Here you can downlod the zip file with new dll library:

http://www.webalice.it/paolone2011/d...2_2_7_plus.zip

This is the history of bug fixing:

History 1.2.2.7+
================

- Fixed bug about detector
In 1.2.2.7 release there was a crash when lara picked up the detector, before drawing it on the screen.

- Enlarged some internal memory buffers
It has been expanded the mesh buffer from 6 Mb to 12 Mb (some huge level had yet problems in wide spaces with meta2tr objects or rooms) and the sprite buffer to handle sprites of 256x256 pixels.

- Improved in NgTom2pc the sprite management
In previous version NGTom2pc was not able to handle 256x256 sprites

- Fixed bug about Frog-man enemy
In last 1.2.2.7 release the frog-man was drawn like he was a harpoon.

- Fixed misalignment about Detctor and Keypad
In previous release the position of keypad/detector or the text linked with them had often a bad position (letting not fully visible the object) or a bad alignment (between the item and the text).
Above problems occurred in according with different resolution where the shape ration was different than 1.3333 (common ration with resolution like 800x600 1024x768 ect)

- Fixed bug about custom button window in NGLE
In old 1.2.2.7 release, when you enabled the custom window to host your shortcuts, if you minimized the button window and then quit the ngle program, at next execution the button window was always minimized and there was no way to restore it.

- Fixed bug about Equipment for no weapon
In previous release when you set 0 for some weapon, like pistols, at start of that level, lara was yet able to extract (draw) pistols in spite they are missing in inventory and she were visible in the holsters.

- Fixed bug about boat sounds
A weird bug it has been detected about sfx sounds of boats.
When you drove at least once the boat and the go off, when lara turn at left or right, a sfx sound of the boat were played.
Paolone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-15, 15:14   #2
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Downloading

Thank you so much!
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-15, 18:13   #3
-Roli-
Relic Hunter

Thank you so much for the update, installing now!
-----
I wouldn't like to request anything, just a simple ask, because the following bug is very-very annoying:

With the new collision functions, you can push the objects by the vehicles. There's no solution for that at the moment. They will push them all the way. Can't be disabled.

May we expect a fix in the upcoming 1.2.2.8 update?
-Roli- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-15, 18:16   #4
Titak

Just tested my motorboat with this update and I'm not getting that sound anymore.
Old 18-01-15, 18:57   #5
Paolone
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Roli- View Post
Thank you so much for the update, installing now!
-----
I wouldn't like to request anything, just a simple ask, because the following bug is very-very annoying:

With the new collision functions, you can push the objects by the vehicles. There's no solution for that at the moment. They will push them all the way. Can't be disabled.
OMG, this is a very bad bug, too.
But will be pushed away also the doors?
It's incredible that I know only today this situation.

I'll try to add some fixing in 1.2.2.7+ release, anyway it will be only an expedient because to get customizable items to push away I need to change ng_center but my current sources are only for new 1.2.2.8 release and are uncompatible with 1.2.2.7 trng.
At least I'll exclude doors and wide objects, while for other animating used as statics you could add floor collisions with fake triggers.
Old 18-01-15, 19:29   #6
-Roli-
Relic Hunter

Yes, it pushes the doors and animatings as well! But the doors, especially. It reacts to the animatings a bit better.

Here's a video:

(And also the speedmeters doesn't work well, as you can see :/ Works only when you're breaking or the nitrous oxide is activated!
http://i.imgur.com/J6Th5bj.jpg )

Last edited by -Roli-; 18-01-15 at 19:46.
Old 18-01-15, 20:10   #7
Joey79100
Professor

Don't know if this is the cause, but I've noticed in my game that the speedometer works perfectly in my first level. Though, in another level, the sixth, it doesn't work. I don't know if this is level number related but it could be good to have a look into this field maybe.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-15, 20:13   #8
Paolone
Explorer

I believed to have added a customize command to set the behaviour of impct between motorbike and movable with HIT_ constants. Dosn't it work?
Old 18-01-15, 20:15   #9
-Roli-
Relic Hunter

Nope, it won't react. Tried everything, the bug remains. :/
Old 18-01-15, 20:16   #10
Paolone
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Don't know if this is the cause, but I've noticed in my game that the speedometer works perfectly in my first level. Though, in another level, the sixth, it doesn't work. I don't know if this is level number related but it could be good to have a look into this field maybe.
This is a interesting suggestion, thanks, I'll check it.