www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 25-08-19, 17:56   #41
veigafd
Archaeologist

It's funny because I swear Lara could use this grandma pants, I don't understand nothing about fashion but I swear a rich British lady would use that lol.
Old 25-08-19, 18:07   #42
sliderman
Hobbyist

Imo Lara wore high waisted shorts in TR 1 Renders. Her belly button is definetly hidden under the golden part of belt.

Last edited by sliderman; 25-08-19 at 18:10.
sliderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 18:38   #43
_Seth
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliderman View Post
-No “Muffin-Top”: Prevents the dreaded “muffin-top.” Yes, high rise jeans don’t cut you off at the hips, it sits comfortably at the waist.
-No Sucking in Your Stomach: High rise jeans do the work for you, they keep everything in place.
-Easy to Style: Just because you are wearing high-rise denim doesn’t mean you have to show that they are. The great thing about high waisted denim is that you can style them many different ways, and can either be worn casual or dressed up.
-Your legs look long: This illusion adds several inches to your legs. If you’re short, you will appear taller. Bonus!"
When it comes to the first two points, Lara's not got any excess weight, so nothing to have sucked in.
The third point; When you wear a tanktop or crop top, then it's obvious you're wearing granny those pants.
Fourthly, Lara should already be tall. No need for a random illusion.

I didn't even like it when Angelina Jolie wore them so high:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliderman View Post
[img]https://i.imgur.com/iLA4N9g.jpg[img]

Imo Lara wore high waisted shorts in TR 1 Renders. Her belly button is definetly hidden under the golden part of belt.
Se shorts are at a good length. It is just that she has an unusually thick belt as a way of hiding her lower back joint seam.
Old 25-08-19, 18:54   #44
sliderman
Hobbyist

@Seth
woow! I just forgot it looked like that from the side! It wasn't a look I was expecting from my outfits.
I still like, what I made, but You convinced me to make my next outfit with at least 3-4 cm lower waisted trousers/shorts.
thanks for that!

Last edited by sliderman; 25-08-19 at 18:57.
Old 25-08-19, 19:27   #45
Rai

Those trousers sliderman posted really aren't that high waisted. The band rests just on the waist. High waisted trousers aren't even as high as people are making out . There's nothing even all that wrong with them, for just going about town or something. They're just not suitable for adventuring. And yes, I suppose the style could be considered more suitable for older (than Lara) women. But let's not stereotype .

And yes, I think they look about the same rise as those trousers AJ is wearing.

Last edited by Rai; 25-08-19 at 19:55.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 19:52   #46
sliderman
Hobbyist

Thank You for the support Rai

hey, I just realized that Angie in Cradle has very similar trousers later in the movie. But the waist doesn't seem to be so high because of the holsters belt.
I've decided to make a similar movement and added a second belt to create that optical illusion.
I am not sure if it is better than the first one, definitely more edgy. I guess it isn't now anything a grandma would wear .
I kind of like it.

Old 25-08-19, 20:07   #47
Night Crawler
Professor

It was never the height of the waist that made them look like grandma pants, more the shape, the colour and the fact that they looked like they smell of moth balls. I don't know where this "thank you for the support" stuff has come from, the only thing that's under attack here is a pair of pants.
Old 25-08-19, 20:41   #48
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
[img]https://i.imgur.com/nlS7ksW.jpg[img]
I actually like this outfit, gives lots of explorer vibes.
Old 25-08-19, 20:48   #49
MissJodieG
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
It was never the height of the waist that made them look like grandma pants, more the shape, the colour and the fact that they looked like they smell of moth balls. I don't know where this "thank you for the support" stuff has come from, the only thing that's under attack here is a pair of pants.
It‘s not just a pair of pants, dude. This is about a render that he did, which he probably put a lot of thought and especially time in. You don‘t like the pants? Fine, personally I‘m not too fond of them either but be more constructive and especially kind when vocalizing your opinion.
MissJodieG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-19, 20:55   #50
Night Crawler
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
It‘s not just a pair of pants, dude. This is about a render that he did, which he probably put a lot of thought and especially time in. You don‘t like the pants? Fine, personally I‘m not too fond of them either but be more constructive and especially kind when vocalizing your opinion.
Oh I love the pants, they are so fashionable and lovely. They fit Lara's character perfectly.

There u go.