www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 05-12-16, 20:47   #111
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
^ Whoever is playing that and not picking up all the wampa fruitů that drives me insane!
I know!
Old 05-12-16, 20:56   #112
Dimitriy
Student

I love the new remaster so much, PSX era was the best in gaming history. Crash brings back good old memories.
Dimitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-16, 22:43   #113
Jami393
Tomb Raider

I still don't get why people are still referring to these as remasters. Yes, they can call it whatever, but aren't they more than that? They seem to be more of a remake than a remaster.
Old 05-12-16, 23:07   #114
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Because it's being advertised as a Remaster more then anything, it does look like a remake but everything is staying the same just with updated graphics and textures for the modern world so in a way it is a remaster
Old 05-12-16, 23:21   #115
larafan25
Sage

From what I know, they're keeping it very accurate, right??

Like. I can't believe we get to play the originals with these graphics. It looks. So. GOOOD. wth.
Old 06-12-16, 03:13   #116
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Hopefully this will prove that the 90s formula can still work in present times! :P

I only played and owned one of the Crash games... I don't even remember which one it was, but I really enjoyed it from what I can remember. Jak and Daxter was the series that made me really love Naughty Dog though. It will forever be one of my absolute favourite game series (even if they did screw up the story with the third game lol).

God I'd love to see more games of this sort of genre and look again. I'm so tired of realism everywhere! We need to spice things up beyond arcade games and the rare indie title... I miss artistic variety so very much. :S

Last edited by Horus-Goddess; 06-12-16 at 03:15.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 05:35   #117
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
Hopefully this will prove that the 90s formula can still work in present times! :P
Which is basically way more arcade-like than what we're used to.
I recently saw a guy around my age (mid 20's) who is not into video games at all nor keeps up with the news of it. He played some PS4 games and remarked on how great the graphics are but was very annoyed with the fact 'when do I start playing them?".
He said "Back in the day you just turned on a video game and there you were playing. Now you have to sit through a 20 minute intro and then play through some stupid restricting tutorial bull****. I want to play a game and have fun! Not watch a movie"

So there definitely is an audience out there for sit down and have fun, no hardcore story, cutscenes for 40 minutes, fancy garbage
Old 06-12-16, 06:04   #118
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Which is basically way more arcade-like than what we're used to.
Hah, very good point.

Quote:
I recently saw a guy around my age (mid 20's) who is not into video games at all nor keeps up with the news of it. He played some PS4 games and remarked on how great the graphics are but was very annoyed with the fact 'when do I start playing them?".
He said "Back in the day you just turned on a video game and there you were playing. Now you have to sit through a 20 minute intro and then play through some stupid restricting tutorial bull****. I want to play a game and have fun! Not watch a movie"

So there definitely is an audience out there for sit down and have fun, no hardcore story, cutscenes for 40 minutes, fancy garbage
I agree with that guy. I don't mind elaborate story, but I like it better when it's explained through gameplay rather than tons of cutscenes (and no, QTE don't count, I find them even more insulting, personally). But I guess I'm too "old school" for these days in that way. I find myself less and less interested in current-gen games anymore which makes me sad. But like with anything else, things may come and go... so who knows. Maybe the 90s/early 2000s era of games will come back into style eventually (I really honestly hope so).
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 08:12   #119
Jami393
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
Because it's being advertised as a Remaster more then anything, it does look like a remake but everything is staying the same just with updated graphics and textures for the modern world so in a way it is a remaster
Just because everything is staying the same, doesn't mean it's not a remake.
Old 06-12-16, 08:37   #120
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
LMFAO at the Xbox players...
But you do know that the three games were out on PSX before anyone knew about the XBOX and that they are PS Exclusive