www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 13-06-17, 15:38   #511
BeautifulMan
Archaeologist

Coco trailer ! Selfie queen

Old 13-06-17, 15:56   #512
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Ahh OK so I like their explanation for her being able to travel back..

The only thing I didn't like the look of was Pura - he looks really strange - especially compared to how awesome and accurate Polar looked.

No biggie - we only see him for like two levels anyway

Very interesting trailer..

Footage of Orient Express and some other Crash 2 stuff like the Warp Room, Snow Go, Ripper Roo etc -
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3.../1100-6450792/

Still not 100% with the music but looks like we're gonna have to deal with it (doesn't help that I played the originals a few days ago so its all fresh in my mind) I think its because it all sounds too synthesized - like too much. Missing instruments and stuff like that.. again.
And I just noticed a massive change they made to Crash 2's Warp Room.. the boss battles are actual warp holes like the other levels (instead of having them appear in between rooms)
Wonder why they altered that?

I keep hoping these things are old footage - but I won't hold my breath.
I'm just gonna ignore the older games and any changes made - and play it for what it is..

Other peeps on Reddit saying the reckon the Orient Express footage is old and unfinished - hopefully so.
Others noted that (visible in Coco Trailer) they finally fixed Sunset Vista too.
Hang Eight looks more like ruins with the added brown and cracks on the platforms.. so VV did great there..

Last edited by dcw123; 13-06-17 at 16:22.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-17, 19:46   #513
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

New dynamic theme of Coco if you preorder the game

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...87909438139709
Old 13-06-17, 20:19   #514
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

I don't really like the Orient Express level. It looks way too cartoony like a Zelda level. It doesn't fit the rest of the game o_0 The tiger also moves quite slow. The wall is also thinner

I'm not a huge fan...
Old 13-06-17, 20:23   #515
BeautifulMan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I don't really like the Orient Express level. It looks way too cartoony like a Zelda level. It doesn't fit the rest of the game o_0 The tiger also moves quite slow. The wall is also thinner

I'm not a huge fan...
someone said this is an old build... dunno it looks kinda unfinished

BTW i love this COCO dynamic theme <3 i will probably buy ps store version because it has pre-order extras, disc version got nothing here where i live

Last edited by BeautifulMan; 13-06-17 at 20:25.
BeautifulMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-17, 02:09   #516
trfan16
Archaeologist

Here's more gameplay footage for Coco that features her in a variety of Crash 1-3 levels:

It looks like she gets her own death animations, celebrations, and even shares similar moves to Crash. I'm glad they are allowing her to be a main character in the game too. She was never in any platforming levels in Crash 3. She mainly got the vehicle and Pura levels in those games. Wrath of Cortex did have some platforming levels for Coco, but they were pretty lame and Coco's controls were awful. She could only jump and do spin attacks. This is great news, and I'm glad to see she's fully playable!

I've also noticed that the person in the video died in the N. Sanity Island level from Crash 1 and still got the gem for breaking all the crates. So it looks like you can die after all in the Crash 1 levels and still get the news. This was a must needed change. It was one of the reasons why I couldn't really enjoy the first game. This was probably confirmed months ago, and I'm a little behind on the news. But everything looks great so far.

Last edited by trfan16; 14-06-17 at 02:11.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-17, 02:39   #517
sheepman23
Relic Hunter

Idk if anyone has been keeping up with all of the footage on YouTube, but basically the first two warp rooms of Crash 2 and 3, as well as the first island of Crash 1 are all available in a demo right now. So we've got footage of a LOT of new stuff now. I've seen videos for Under Pressure, Orient Express, Hang 'Em High, Tomb Time, Dingodile, Turtle Woods, Snow Go, Ripper Roo, Jungle Rollers, and The Great Gate, as well as bits and pieces for other levels.

Here's a couple of videos... mind the player in the 3rd and 4th ones, he's really bad at the game and doesn't seem to know the purpose of a time trial lol

Specific thoughts...

I think Orient Express might be the most disappointing level I've seen so far from CB3, but at the same time it's still pretty great. The music could use some tweaking but that's unlikely to happen this close to release. The synth is clearly audible in this tune (a lot more than other remastered tracks). As for the level's appearance, it's nice, but definitely feels a little too fantasy-ish. I do appreciate the strong background but the wall itself looks way too cartoony.

For Jungle Rollers, Native Fortress, and Under Pressure, I have little to no criticisms. I'll have to go through the footage in more detail to get into nitpicks, but after a couple watches I am thoroughly impressed. The underwater levels of CB3 were among the ones I was most excited for, and I'm not disappointed in the slightest.

Hang 'Em High is just mesmerizing. The Arabian levels certainly weren't my favorite levelset by any means in CB3, but they've done them incredible justice in the remake, and I think the night versions will be even cooler. Unfortunately, the horrendous player in the video makes it extremely difficult to not cringe at the footage, but it's a really cool environment. The floating rug guys don't seem to make any noise, which is a minor complaint, but on the whole I'm so happy with what I'm seeing here. And the music is pretty spot on in my opinion.

Snow Go / Snow Biz are great and about what I was expecting for the remake. I'm oddly a big fan of the remastered soundtrack for the snow levels.

I'll have to mull over all of this a lot more to get a better analysis, but on the whole, it's a big thumbs up for me and June 30 couldn't come sooner

Last edited by sheepman23; 14-06-17 at 02:50.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-17, 07:32   #518
fondantcookie
Professor

I'm stopping looking in this thread... they'll have revealed the entire game before it's released...

It's been ages since I played them so want things to be a surprise.

Not long now fellas
Old 14-06-17, 08:40   #519
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Urgh I ****ing hate those baby cartoon sounding noises they've added for no good reason.

It happens when Coco first jumps on Pura, jumps at the very end of the Orient level and also when she is shown at the start of N Sanity Beach..
And whats with that cringe inducing laugh she does after her dance... *shudders*

Its all just so childish. I realise Coco is meant to be younger and V.V are aiming for a younger audience - but Jesus Christ...
Crash was always child friendly anyway so why they added all this extra toony crap is just dumb.

Mehhh.. think its too close to release for anything to change now.
Some trailers and stuf look amazing and better than the originals - but then there are other nitpicks which ruin it IMO

For example, Orient Express looks like ****
Yet Deep Trouble looks absolutely prefect..

Its all too inconsistant
Didn't wanna bash this game.. but the more I see - the more I'm worried about it.
Luckily the majority of it looks awesome - so it might only be a few levels which are iffy or ''off''

EDIT: Wonder why they are suddenly showing off SO much stuff? Perhaps to make final last minute changes? Doubt it this close to release, but it could be possible?
I personally can't see why they can't create a day one patch or something like that

EDIT 2 - OK so wasn't gonna say anything but this is so BS - Crash can levitate and jump to save himself from falling.
I have noticed this twice now in this new 30 min footage, and also once in Future Frenzy.
Instead of slipping off the very edge and falling to his death, he can jump in mid-air. Talk about making this game easy to play VV
Crash is almost TOO fluid if that makes sense - the game looks super easy now he's all responsive.. his jumps are too accurate and you can steer and autocorrect much more than before (you could also do this in the newer TR games, which made landing jumps a breeze)
I'll be posting this on Reddit for sure LOL
Look here.. (posted time stamps as didn't want to spoil by posting images)

https://youtu.be/n4JSam-UwLA?t=347
- Crash falls, levitates and then jumps - WTF!

https://youtu.be/n4JSam-UwLA?t=180
- might be landing on the edge of the skunk - but if you slo motion the video - you'll see he should have fallen in the pit.

https://youtu.be/D0ePRKRd87s?t=226
- this, again might just be very very lucky - but he should have fallen

Someone also put this in a review and it struck a chord with me ... its kind of how I feel about it.

"My only worry is that when the novelty of playing Crash Bandicoot again wears off, the buzz will go with it. Sure, these games are still great, but I have played each of them at least three times before, and nostalgia can only stave off familiarity for so long. Vicarious Visions is attempting to extend the trilogy's shelf life by introducing Coco as a playable character, but as she handles exactly like Crash himself, the effect is limited.
Will my pleasant childhood memories and a current-gen makeover be enough to carry my attention over three whole games? A roller-coaster is never the same second time round, after all. But when the ride is this fun, I think I'll allow myself another go
."

Ya see, while games like RE Remake added extra areas, totally revamped the style and enemies and even the mansion itself - this Crash game is pretty much 1:1 remade.
So, especially if you've played the games only recently - will the novelty wear off.. will the hype die along with it?
I seriously hope not - mainly because if this doesn't sell well.. there won't be another classic Crash game like it again

EDIT 3: And why for the love of God - doesn't Coco have her own life face counter icon like in WoC?
While its awesome to see she has her own SFX and animations and stuff so that was cool.
Not impressed with the (again) stripped down version of Turtle Wood's music (missing instruments - the didgeridoo thing)
So gonna play all 3 games as Crash and then play them all again as Coco!!

OMG OMG OMG - Spotted an awesome audio easter egg possibly from Uncharted?!
If you watch the footage of Hang'Em High, when you fall and die, it plays the Uncharted death flute thing
Its similar - but why would it only play when you die? Surely its a nod..

https://youtu.be/qWUWTm8jhac?t=134 - Crash gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imroopCn4BM - UC1 Death SFX

EDIT 4: OK so I know they explained away the whole Coco thing - but how the hell can Uka Uka show up in the Game Over screen in CB2, when he was imprisoned until CB3.
It just reeks of laziness and reusing assets to me. Why couldn't they recreate the Game Over screens from CB1 and 2 respectively?

Really hope all these things are changed before release..

I'll stop now - coz I could just go on and on

Last edited by dcw123; 14-06-17 at 10:24.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-17, 11:29   #520
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

I always hated that UC1 music ^^ creeps me out. I think it's just a coincidence. HOWEVER, this surely is an easter egg/reference:

Coco is watching Nate/Elena play CB1 on her Laptop at the beginning of CB2.
There's a Nathan picture above Crash's head in the CB3 opening when they're sitting around the fire place.

Pretty cool You can find bigger versions on Youtube to see better.