www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 08-07-19, 16:20   #841
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

As far as I know anyone can edit IMDB but I guess that sounds about right. It would be nice to get a few date announcements around the time of Comic Con although I don't think Warner are attending. Hopefully if they're the ones who've updated the page we get some dates soon.

Alicia has been growing her hair out in recent pictures so hopefully it's for her role as Lara and she doesn't have any other projects scheduled aside from this so I guess her schedule is pretty clear and they'll want to go ahead when she is free.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 08-07-19 at 16:23.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 17:00   #842
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Well I suppose it's true
Let's hope there will be no Disney this time
Well, you can see one of my previous posts and see that, like Thanos, a Tomb Raider release alongside a Disney movie might be inevitable...
Old 08-07-19, 17:26   #843
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

The best alternative to competing with a Disney film is an R rated hard hitting action movie.

If they go for 2021 they should avoid July-October because that will be slotted for Indiana Jones theatrical and home media release.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 08-07-19 at 17:28.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 19:43   #844
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
The best alternative to competing with a Disney film is an R rated hard hitting action movie.
Do you think that's possible? I don't know much about cinema history, could they change the rating for the sequel? (The only example I have is Logan) I'm kind of hoping they do, though; they could make such a great R rated movie (especially since the games are M rated).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
If they go for 2021 they should avoid July-October because that will be slotted for Indiana Jones theatrical and home media release.
True, I'm really looking forward to Indiana Jones 5 by the way; but they need to keep TR away from that!
I didn't realize 2021's competition would be so tough!
Grizzly Bear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 19:52   #845
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

2021 would be great. Itd be even better if it came out around October, as a birthday treat for me and as an anniversary gift for TR1.
Old 08-07-19, 20:24   #846
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Do you think that's possible? I don't know much about cinema history, could they change the rating for the sequel? (The only example I have is Logan) I'm kind of hoping they do, though; they could make such a great R rated movie (especially since the games are M rated).
The new Harley Quinn movie will be R-rated when Suicide Squad was PG-13.

But a R-rating wouldn't help Tomb Raider against Disney, especially against Marvel or a Live-action version of a Disney Renaissance movie - they might be for different audiences, but those audiences share a lot of the same people, and most would still go for the Marvel/Disney movie.
Old 09-07-19, 02:37   #847
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Gawd 2021 is literally around the corner! I can't wait for the first details, screens and trailers!!!

I am crossing my fingers they do take inspiration from John Wick, if they do this the movie could end up being something special.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 09-07-19 at 02:38.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 06:38   #848
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Sorry guys, but IMBD is not reliable. Anyone can modify it. I remind that Alexandre Willaume was Conrad Roth in IMBD until practically the premiere of the film. Just believe the official press releases.
PinkyPromise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 07:32   #849
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Sorry guys, but IMBD is not reliable. Anyone can modify it. I remind that Alexandre Willaume was Conrad Roth in IMBD until practically the premiere of the film. Just believe the official press releases.
It's not impossible they already choose the year of release. And with the 25th anniversairy of the licence it's not a bad ides.

I have tried to find what objects where not parts of the auction by MGM. The map Lara is holding at the end plus the pair of HK wasn't selled.
Old 09-07-19, 11:03   #850
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
It's not impossible they already choose the year of release. And with the 25th anniversairy of the licence it's not a bad ides.

I have tried to find what objects where not parts of the auction by MGM. The map Lara is holding at the end plus the pair of HK wasn't selled.
Yeah that's not a great indicator. A sequel can afford to buy new props.

We really have to wait until Deadline, Hollywood reporter or Variety or the wrap updates us. The best proof we have is Amy Jumps Hubbie taking down that instagram post of her writing when Tomb Raider stan's spammed the post with "LARRRRRA" among other comments.

I hope the pitch is good as Amy Jumps work is very niche. While they get good'ish reviews general audiences don't love their work with low IMDB and RT audience scores and Vikander without supervision is also very niche (try watch Euphoria that she produced) and I'd be afraid they'd feed off each other's nicheness and create something that doesn't have mass appeal for both the fanbase and general audiences.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 09-07-19 at 11:05.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote