Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 03-08-19, 23:16   #2971
suli
Inactive

it seems to me that you didn't enjoy paititi, patrick.
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 23:19   #2972
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by suli View Post
Bingo. That, and the "social aspect" basically killed the game for me . It didn't lessen my enjoyment of the parts/aspects that I genuinely thought were great like the challenge tombs and some sections far in between (Peruvian Jungles - Cenote - Provenir) but it made replaying the main campaign so hard for me , which put Shadow below Rise and TR2013.

Last edited by Patrick star; 03-08-19 at 23:21.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 23:21   #2973
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Bingo. That, and the "social aspect" basically killed the game for me . It didn't lessen my enjoyment of the parts/aspects that I genuinely thought were great like the challenge tombs and some sections far in between (Peruvian Jungles - Cenote - Provenir) but it made replaying the main campaign so hard for me , which put Shadow below Rise and TR2013.
I couldn't agree more.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 23:24   #2974
Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suli View Post
What gave you that idea?
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 23:25   #2975
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
so every game in existence is semi-open world?
literally nobody said that.

in linear games, the story progresses as you move, and because you can only move forward. everything feels natural and it wouldn't make sense to just stop or go backwards.
in open games, the players suspend their disbelief. they have to.
good open games have a story that makes sense and fit the world design.
there are those (the good ones), and then we have the reboot TR games

and we already established that the story of the reboot games and the sense of urgency that comes with them doesn't fit the world design (being able to just stop caring about the plot and go collect stuff), sure, but what does it have to do with the outfit restriction? nothing.

Last edited by killchan; 03-08-19 at 23:30.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-19, 23:56   #2976
malferink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I’m not at all talking about that. I’m just saying it’s hypocritical to defend the Outfit restriction at one point by talking about the games in-universe rules, only to immediately dismiss a rebuttal with “Oh come on, it’s a game.”

Exactly. It’s just a game. So having the option to wear any outfits makes even more sense.
Why are you getting so worked up about Vaskito's comment? He's never said he doesn't want the restriction to be lifted, he said that it would make the most sense to him for the campaign to have the restriction lifted with new game+, if that is his opinion why do you care so much? It's not like he's an developer or makes any decisions you know he's just stating his opinion. I don't even agree with him but God, people get so worked up around here, for no reason at all

and I really like you Sora so I don't mean this in any bad way
malferink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 00:08   #2977
suli
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
What gave you that idea?
Patrick and I have that connection. That something something. I can tell when he doesn't like something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
Why are you getting so worked up about Vaskito's comment? He's never said he doesn't want the restriction to be lifted
Yeah. My dear Vaskito never stated that he doesn't want the restriction to be lifted. It was me who did but Sora didn't come at me cause she knows I'm a G and I don't play no games.
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 00:09   #2978
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
Why are you getting so worked up about Vaskito's comment? He's never said he doesn't want the restriction to be lifted, he said that it would make the most sense to him for the campaign to have the restriction lifted with new game+, if that is his opinion why do you care so much? It's not like he's an developer or makes any decisions you know he's just stating his opinion. I don't even agree with him but God, people get so worked up around here, for no reason at all

and I really like you Sora so I don't mean this in any bad way
That comment you quoted wasn’t about Vaskito or even in response to Vaskito. I was talking to killchan and directly responding to them.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 00:19   #2979
Athukraz

I'm hoping I won't be forced to wear the serpent guard outfit when I fast travel back to "cenote climb" anymore after this patch, cause I really like that section. Why are we even restricted to that outfit there? We don't even have it yet when going to the cenote for the first time and there's no humans either. You can't even wear the rest of the tribal outfits..

Last edited by Athukraz; 04-08-19 at 00:21.
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-19, 00:27   #2980
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
I'm hoping I won't be forced to wear the serpent guard outfit when I fast travel back to "cenote climb" anymore after this patch, cause I really like that section. Why are we even restricted to that outfit there? We don't even have it yet when going to the cenote for the first time and there's no humans either. You can't even wear the rest of the tribal outfits..
Because **** you.

I’m joking btw. I totally agree. That’s stupid.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote