Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 17-02-21, 17:15   #11
ToMbRaIdErxFtW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
Not sure if it's a good idea mixing Pexioto's patch and dgVoodoo 2 together, because I don't use Pexioto's patch or know how it works. However... usually to fix white screens in Tomb Raider, you have to select a different emulated video card. The options are 'dgVoodoo Virtual SVGA Card', 'dgVoodoo Virtual 3D Accelerated Card', GeForce4 Ti 4800, ATI Radeon 8500, Matrox Parhelia-512, and GeForce FX 5700 Ultra. Try all of them and see if any fixes it.
Im not mixing them together, I'm using them separately. Originally, I was using Peixoto's patch but that still gave me the white screen in the inventory and pause menu. This also affects Chronicles which has a yellow tint. After this I tried using DGVOODOO2 separately and it fixes the white inventory but now I'm losing out on some of the benefits of Peixoto's patch.
ToMbRaIdErxFtW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 18:12   #12
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMbRaIdErxFtW View Post
Im not mixing them together, I'm using them separately. Originally, I was using Peixoto's patch but that still gave me the white screen in the inventory and pause menu. This also affects Chronicles which has a yellow tint. After this I tried using DGVOODOO2 separately and it fixes the white inventory but now I'm losing out on some of the benefits of Peixoto's patch.
I’m suggesting that you mix them together (but I’m not sure if it will work). Definitely give it a try.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-21, 04:52   #13
NYCL@R@

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
On the front page of the dgVoodoo 2 settings, click 'scaling mode' then select 4:3 .
No because then that would still keep it stretched
NYCL@R@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-21, 12:28   #14
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCL@R@ View Post
No because then that would still keep it stretched
No, it does the opposite. It stops the stretching.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 18:04   #15
EpicRaider

I had the exact same problem and solved it running the games through Peixoto's patch. When the screen goes dark, what you can do is press Windows+Tab and create a new desktop, then use ctrl+alt+supr to open the task manager and close the game in desktop 1 😉
EpicRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 02:21   #16
NYCL@R@

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicRaider View Post
I had the exact same problem and solved it running the games through Peixoto's patch. When the screen goes dark, what you can do is press Windows+Tab and create a new desktop, then use ctrl+alt+supr to open the task manager and close the game in desktop 1 😉
Wait what!!! So I’ve been doing this all wrong?!
NYCL@R@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 14:44   #17
EpicRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCL@R@ View Post
Wait what!!! So I’ve been doing this all wrong?!
Have you tried Peixioto's patch? The only problem is that you have to create a new shortcut into Steam, and it doesn't register the time played. We still need a better solution.
EpicRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-21, 12:07   #18
UniMatrixXB

Hello folks, I'm having trouble to get my TR IV (Steam Version) running on Windows 10. Weird thing is, it was working well for some time using only the TR Multipatch and Widescreen Patch. Now it won't start anymore, no matter what I do (I did not change any of my system settings). The screen goes black and I have to restart the computer.

I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running without patches, with the patches, even using Peixotos Patch (which won't find TR IV path and says there's an error). The game works in windowed mode but well... who wants to play it like that.

I'm running out of ideas and the Guides on Steam or fansites didn't help so far. Do some of you maybe ran into the same problems and know how to fix it?

Also: How can this still be an issue in 2021? I even approached developers on Twitter that it would be nice to fix the classic TR games but they didn't reply.
UniMatrixXB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-21, 10:34   #19
ANoDE
Golden

I suggest using Dgvoodoo2. It should get things working again.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-21, 23:09   #20
LateRaider
Inactive

that's what he ended up doing, i think. thanks ANoDE.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote