www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 23-07-21, 23:07   #1961
reborninshadow
Student

So it turns out that this is in the level still as well. It's strange though, why does the monitor break? I remember the prima guide saying something like "the results are shocking" after using the xray machine. Is this why?

EDIT: From Murti's notes: Lara uses the X-ray machine and examines the painting, the metal symbol can be seen under the top layer, it begins to glow and burns inself through the painting, it is chemically reacting with the X-rays. The painting begins to spark, arcs of energy rip through the room, Lara must dodge them, the energy seems to be targeting metallic objects, it strikes a door on the opposite corridor, fusing the lock and opening it.

Obviously they cut the later parts but still, I'm guessing it breaks the X-Ray Machine because it's so powerful or whatever.

Last edited by reborninshadow; 23-07-21 at 23:44.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-21, 23:55   #1962
Jathom95
Explorer

Well, aren't the metallic pieces inside the Paintings pieces of the Sanglyph? It's probably a reaction or something to it. It's so powerful even in fragments that it possibly quite literally overloads the machine.
Old 24-07-21, 01:39   #1963
KIKO
Relic Hunter

Maybe it's missing some sort of explosion effect? This is wonderful work by the way!

I was looking through my files and I found these in regards to the x-ray machine.

"That X-Ray machine could come in handy."

Notebook entries
•X-ray the Obscura Painting.

I previously attributed that line to Louvre Galleries but it could be at Galleries Under Siege, I'm not sure about it anymore tbh.

Last edited by KIKO; 24-07-21 at 01:49.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 01:42   #1964
Jathom95
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
Maybe it's missing some sort of explosion effect? This is wonderful work by the way!
Did you ever think when you made your beta thread back in the day KIKO that any of this would be possible one day? Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
I was looking through my files and I found these in regards to the x-ray machine.

Notebook entries

I previously attributed that line to Louvre Galleries but it could be at Galleries Under Siege, I'm not sure about it anymore tbh.
I could see the line working in either instance really, but it sounds more like Lara making a note for later, so I'd say Galleries pre-Siege. I don't know when the notebook entry would pop up. The first thing she beams for when returning up to the Galleries are the respirators. Maybe it was added as soon as you left the Dig Site? It could fit there, as Lara could plan to scan it in advance and then getting a respirator becomes a secondary goal maybe? I dunno.

Last edited by Jathom95; 24-07-21 at 02:09.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 02:12   #1965
KIKO
Relic Hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxmk...nel=TombRaider

More old "new" footage! Includes Tomb of ancients, hall of seasons, louvre storms...

Skip to 18:00 for some cut dialogue and human enemies in the sewers! Also you can see the invisible structure from Parisian Back Streets at 39:00

@Jathom95: I think the notebook entry would've come up at the start of galleries under siege, before going upstairs to trigger the cutscene and the gas.

Last edited by KIKO; 24-07-21 at 02:40.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 02:30   #1966
Jathom95
Explorer

^ Yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking too. Makes the most sense.
Old 24-07-21, 08:16   #1967
reborninshadow
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
Did you ever think when you made your beta thread back in the day KIKO that any of this would be possible one day? Lol.

I could see the line working in either instance really, but it sounds more like Lara making a note for later, so I'd say Galleries pre-Siege. I don't know when the notebook entry would pop up. The first thing she beams for when returning up to the Galleries are the respirators. Maybe it was added as soon as you left the Dig Site? It could fit there, as Lara could plan to scan it in advance and then getting a respirator becomes a secondary goal maybe? I dunno.
In the game's audio files that line is in Louvre Galleries. Not sure about the diary entry though.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 12:17   #1968
Jathom95
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
In the game's audio files that line is in Louvre Galleries. Not sure about the diary entry though.
That's what I thought about the audio line. KIKO and I both believe the notebook entry was probably added right at the start of Galleries Under Siege. So when Lara's at the entrance of the doors to Archaeolgical Dig Site and about to head back upstairs to the galleries. It's the only place I can think of that makes sense because I can see her plausibly deciding to scan it beforehand. By the time she gets back up there and the cutscene and gas activate, it'd be kind of clunky there since her focus is getting a respirator.

Last edited by Jathom95; 24-07-21 at 12:27.
Old 24-07-21, 14:00   #1969
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
I'm inclined to think it was in Louvre Galleries. It would make sense for Lara to say that and add the entry to the diary when she visits the x-ray room the first time. A diary note on louvre scanning equipment would also give Lara more reason to go into the room and see the gas masks, and the tone of the line even seems to indicate she's noting the equipment as useful for later.

Quote:

Notebook entries
Drawing attention to it and making a note 'for later' would then make the player think to use it when the game forces them to the X-Ray room later to collect a respirator without needing to point it out during Galleries Under Siege.

Last edited by Boobandie; 24-07-21 at 14:03. Reason: Added KIKO's quote.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-21, 14:07   #1970
Jathom95
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
A diary note on louvre scanning equipment would also Lara more reason to go into the room and see the gas masks.

Drawing attention to it and making a note 'for later' would then make the player think to use it when the game forces them to the X-Ray room later to collect a respirator without needing to point it out during Galleries Under Siege.
The only thing, and I'm hoping I'm understanding your post properly, is that if it was added during Louvre Galleries, then it could potentially be missed. It would be pretty hard to miss, but still. The audio line definitely goes there, but the entry I'm not so sure. The only thing that is necessitated going up that way the first time is obtaining Carvier's security pass. So one could go right past the room it's in since there's nothing else of note in there to take or whatever at the time.

The big thing though is that the entry specifically mentions "X-Ray the Obscura Painting" so it would be kind of awkward wording before Lara even obtains it.

Last edited by Jathom95; 24-07-21 at 14:10.