Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 02-10-18, 10:01   #51
DragonSlayer

It's annoying when you go to watch something that you've recorded only to find that the preceding program has overrun by 15 minutes, when that happens the channel should interrupt the program that has exceeded its time slot and allow the following scheduled program to start.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 18:31   #52
Zelda master

Quote:
Originally Posted by scion05 View Post
Of course none of it compares to the brilliance that is Mulholland Drive.
I've recently bought this one and will watch it one of these days, I'm most curious about this one!
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 18:36   #53
Chamayoo

Netflix cancelling Sense8.
Oops it's not a TV channel maybe I'm off topic !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 11:54   #54
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Netflix cancelling Sense8.
Oops it's not a TV channel maybe I'm off topic !
I suppose Netflix could be considered a TV channel of sorts, I have never used Netflix myself, if I did I'd never get anything done, too many TV shows and movies and not enough time to watch them all.
Old 25-10-18, 08:43   #55
DragonSlayer

Bump

It seems that TV channels/companies have finally come to their senses/got their act together and realized that it's stupid to make people wait months for the next season of a TV show to begin.

I'm referring to Sky less than a month ago season one of 911 ended here in Ireland, I wasn't expecting it to be back on TV until sometime next year, last night season 2 began.

They just need to work on their advertising a little more when a new season of a TV show is due to begin, I wouldn't have known season 2 of 911 was going to start if I hadn't been scrolling through the TV guide looking for something to watch.

It was the same story with the TV show The Gifted I would never have known season 2 of The Gifted was due to begin (and which came back on very recently here in Ireland and it hasn't been too long since season 1 of The Gifted ended either) if I hadn't found it by chance when scrolling through the TV guide.

Every country should get every TV show at the same time,it would be better than waiting months between seasons it would also reduce the amount of spoilers that inevitably appear on social media with some countries getting new seasons of TV shows long before they appear in other countries.

The only downside to having every country getting every new season of a TV show at the same time would be the inevitable clash between shows for example two could be on at the same time on different channels, it would also clash with planned recordings having multiple shows on at around the same time, for example I can record two TV shows at the same time but only if my digital box is in standby mode, rather than do this I just watch one and record the other, when 3 different shows that I want to watch are all on at the same time I watch one and record the other with the third show I just record the repeat on the few occasions that I have to.
Old 26-06-20, 17:57   #56
DragonSlayer

TV networks deliberately showing as few episodes of a TV show as possible so that it won't do well in the ratings and get cancelled, ABC I'm looking at you, ABC deliberately only aired 4 episodes of the TV show Emergence and didn't bother with the rest of the shows episodes and it ended up getting cancelled.
Old 26-06-20, 20:12   #57
SnatchingEdges

Scream season 2, special episode. We never got to know who was the real mastermind. I mean, imagine the typical horror whodunnit and at the end the killer is never revealed. The show rebooted after that, so it's a mystery that died with the series.

In Big Brother Spain there were 100 housemates in the same house. That same season, a girl got sexually abused in front of the cameras and no one behind them did nothing. I don't know why, they participants are supposed to be constantly watched. They decided to disqualify the abuser the next day, so I don't understand why acting so late. Also, the producers showed to the victim the videos of her abuse while being alone and told her to not mention a single word. Anyway, this was a huge scandal months ago and a lot of brands removed their ads from the show, even though it was still getting more audience than the most recent years. Ironic.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-20, 13:12   #58
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
TV networks deliberately showing as few episodes of a TV show as possible so that it won't do well in the ratings and get cancelled, ABC I'm looking at you, ABC deliberately only aired 4 episodes of the TV show Emergence and didn't bother with the rest of the shows episodes and it ended up getting cancelled.

I dont get this mentality. You've made it by this point or at least a certain run - you might as well show it.

I hate it whe m TV channels move shoes around the schedule and then blame the show for a drop in ratings. Moving it to a different slot is bad enough but there are times when a show can be moved from time to time on a weekly basis. You have to question the movies behind that.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-20, 13:49   #59
Cochrane
Golden

Did somebody already bring up Police Squad? The show aired in 1982 and got cancelled after six episodes because TV executives disliked that you had to actually watch the TV to understand what was happening.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-20, 11:50   #60
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I dont get this mentality. You've made it by this point or at least a certain run - you might as well show it.

I hate it whe m TV channels move shoes around the schedule and then blame the show for a drop in ratings. Moving it to a different slot is bad enough but there are times when a show can be moved from time to time on a weekly basis. You have to question the movies behind that.
It annoys me too when TV channels move a show around the schedule in Ireland the channel RTE2 moved season 2 of Izombie to random times between 4 and 6am then probably wondered why no-one was watching it, because of their dumb decision to move the show to the middle of the night RTE2 didn't bother with the remaining 3 seasons of Izombie, I'm still waiting for an Izombie boxset to be released.

@Cochrane that was a stupid decision by the TV execs, the only way to understand what's going on in a TV show is to watch the TV, sounds like they didn't get the memo that the only way someone understands what's going on in a TV show is by watching it.

I've not seen Police Squad but I have seen The Naked Gun movies, I'm looking at Police Squad's Wikipedia page right now, it says that in 2013 TV Guide ranked it number 7 on its list of 60 TV shows that were cancelled too soon.

You can add Emergence, Stargate Universe, Vagrant Queen, Scream Queens, Caprica, Cold Case, The Exorcist, Dark Matter and The Gifted to that list.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 30-06-20 at 12:20.