www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 30-06-20, 20:55   #271
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I was thinking a Legend-style torch would be better but yknow what, you've sold me on this idea for the flares. I'd love this. It would be a great way of having some areas be extremely dark and creepy (as many tombs would be in reality) with the only light source being flares.

They really need to pay attention to your posts if they read these forums, you have fantastic ideas.
If only! lol I wish I could be in the studio and give ideas like this as I have loads, which I believe everyone would appreciate.
Old 03-07-20, 04:43   #272
slimy.boy
Hobbyist

Shadow did a decent job at portraying serious and relatively light hearted moments imo, itís certainly a step up from Survivor which was constant chaos at all times. Although the writing and acting couldíve been a lot better. Lara digging a parasite out of Jonahís arm was a tender moment, though. But I donít think weíll ever get something like Legend again, at least not in the reboot universe.

Also, her having PTSD feels so random. It definitely makes sense, but itís not mentioned much. Aside from the Rise trailer showing her in therapy, I donít really remember hearing about it in any of the games.
slimy.boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 10:15   #273
BluenoseGames
Relic Hunter

More lighthearted moments would be good. I just don’t want any more of the all so dramatic and overly serious end of the world plotlines
Old 04-07-20, 12:21   #274
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy.boy View Post
Shadow did a decent job at portraying serious and relatively light hearted moments imo, itís certainly a step up from Survivor which was constant chaos at all times. Although the writing and acting couldíve been a lot better. Lara digging a parasite out of Jonahís arm was a tender moment, though. But I donít think weíll ever get something like Legend again, at least not in the reboot universe.

Also, her having PTSD feels so random. It definitely makes sense, but itís not mentioned much. Aside from the Rise trailer showing her in therapy, I donít really remember hearing about it in any of the games.
Thats the point for me: it feels so random as it was extremely sidelined in Rise. You can unlock the journal with the psychiatrist at a really random point but I missed that it had happened both times I played Rise.

It's a major theme in the book and I'm told in the comics too so it was clearly where the original vision for the reboot was going before they changed it to family drama again.
Old 04-07-20, 17:04   #275
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluenoseGames View Post
More lighthearted moments would be good. I just donít want any more of the all so dramatic and overly serious end of the world plotlines
This PLEASE. Iím tired of overdone darkness in AAA video games. You can make a story line that people take seriously that isnít so dreary and sad all the time. Why canít Lara set out for an artifact or ancient weapon without involving some annoying family drama or a random ancient village that she now has to protect. The next game should have a better balance of developing a great plot and making Lara the lightness of the dark undertones.