www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 17-01-19, 22:51   #131
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Such a shame because I feel Camilla finally got it right when it came to Shadow but I do feel as if a new VA is needed. Camilla is good as the young, inexperienced Lara but now she is the Tomb Raider I feel as if we need a more mature, older sounding Lara. Like how Keeley was for LAU.
Old 17-01-19, 23:01   #132
jajay119
Tomb Raider

You can't win with me Whilst I feel Camilla lacked a certain something in portraying Lara I feel Keeley a lot of the time was directed to be very over the top. She kinda got it right in Underworld though (we're seeing a patter here).

I actually think it would be a great tip of the hat the series' roots and a gesture to the fanbase to bring back Shelley Blond as her VA. She has a refinedness to her voice that Lara needs but it's not over the top like Keeley. I kinda see it as Jonelle meets Keeley.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this video as it is, in a way advertising, but it's the only video with Shelley in recent years being Lara.
Old 17-01-19, 23:04   #133
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Oh don't get me wrong I do think Keeley went over the top myself but she was mature. An with the way the reboot series is headed, I think they're going for an older Lara and her VA needs to portray that properly.
Old 17-01-19, 23:23   #134
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

I’d love for Shelley to return. Shelley was fantastic, very down-to-earth, but still very posh, like Lara should be. Frankly, I’d be fine with any of the classic VAs returning.
Old 18-01-19, 00:35   #135
Lyle Croft
Professor

Ugh i'de love Shelley's voice tbh. It has a nice timbre and spunk to it, yet posh and refined.

I also think her voice still sounds...youthful? despite being older. I think Lara no matter the age, would sound and ACT youthful, but mature. Her adventerous spirit.

I've always kind of disliked Judith's voice, she sounded too...old for me?
Old 18-01-19, 01:31   #136
Gemma Darkmoon
Student

I am also firmly in the new VA camp. I feel Camilla has been inconsistent having too many moments of forced emotion that were distracting from whatever situation Lara was in. We are entering a new trilogy and I hope for a change. It would really show more progression into a hardened character than more of the same. It would be nice to see a famous actress in the role with a more defined British accent.

Shelley would be just so great to come back. She has that posh accent and such a sense of humour too. It may have been a long time but having heard her at the London concert in September she still sounds perfect for the role.
Gemma Darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-19, 01:34   #137
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

If Shelley did return, I would love if she just used her regular voice. It sounds perfect for Lara, even though I think her Lara voice was the same but more monotone.
Old 18-01-19, 03:14   #138
Swiz19
Explorer

I'm in favour of someone completely new. Get someone who's not as well known but really talented to help boost their career as well.

But if we had to decide between previous VA's, I'd go with Alicia. Sure it's not traditional Lara but she's got a great husky voice and is an amazing actress.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:41   #139
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I agree. Out of all the lukewarm games, Shadow has probably done the best out of all of them, in terms of sales and general reception.

I can definitely see them doing more with the LC games or taking on remasters, and not just because of Shadow’s performance. I think they’ll want to tackle something different for the time being, partly to be refreshed when it’s time for the next game.

But Shadow got more negative reception out of all the reboot games
Old Yesterday, 09:51   #140
Chamayoo
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
But Shadow got more negative reception out of all the reboot games
When NoahCroft said lukewarm games, he meant AOD and TRU.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote