Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 05-02-12, 17:12   #1
Jami393

Default The General Doctor Who Thread

I thought I would start a thread for Doctor Who because i remembered there was one for 2011. Well anyway, talk about anything related to Doctor Who. I thought I'd start it off with asking, will we see them stupid multi-coloured Daleks again?
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 20:17   #2
jajay119

I don't know! You can never tell with Moffat. He said last series that the Daleks were being given a break for a while which I think is a good idea. They were so frequently featured they became predictable.

It's rumoured that Sophia Myles, who played Madame de Pompadour in series 2, is returning. I hope that isn't true. That story was such a tragic one, it would be annoying to have them just slip in a random sequence of events and destroy that.

River Song will no doubt be back again. Alex Kingston virtually confirmed it herself on The Greham Norton Show. I hope she's not overly featured this series.

We know that there will be a new companion and that it could be a 'he, she or it' according to Moffat. My bets are on Madame Vastra!
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-12, 20:53   #3
Jami393

So we are going to see Melody Pond (River Song) in series 7, by the way when is series 7.
Old 28-02-12, 19:30   #4
Rai

Filming has started for Series 7
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-12, 20:14   #5
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Filming has started for Series 7
Cannot wait for the series to air on TV. Also isn't this the last series of Karen Gillan?
Old 28-02-12, 21:12   #6
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Cannot wait for the series to air on TV. Also isn't this the last series of Karen Gillan?
Well it says so in the link. Also the last we'll see of Rory too. Can't wait to see the 14 feature length episodes also planned after this series.
Old 28-02-12, 21:47   #7
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Well it says so in the link. Also the last we'll see of Rory too. Can't wait to see the 14 feature length episodes also planned after this series.
14 feature length episodes? Where is Moffat trying to take Doctor Who?
Old 28-02-12, 23:02   #8
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
14 feature length episodes? Where is Moffat trying to take Doctor Who?
I may have misunderstood what 'Big, Blockbuster-movie episodes' actually means . I seem to be misunderstanding a lot this week
Old 29-02-12, 02:04   #9
jajay119

I think by 'big-blockbuster episodes' he means in terms of the story per episode. He has already said there is no two parters this series, which might mean no overlying story and just one action packed, independant ep after another. I can't really see that though. He has spent two series building up a complex style of writing, to change it now would be very confusing.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-12, 04:00   #10
innocentvenus

Big Blockbuster-style usually means lots of action, dramatic music, and other things like at. At least that's what it means here and usually it's not such a good thing. Story ends up being pushed to the side in favor of a visual spectacle.

The two parter thing, if true, has me a little worried. I wasn't really thrilled with the way series six went so him doing this might be really bad. It's a shame too since series five was really entertaining.
innocentvenus is offline   Reply With Quote