Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 11-12-16, 22:47   #24701
domino92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Yep, I shoot him with a few rounds, switch to the axe and get his arm so he can't grab me and block his other attacks, maneuver around him to get out of the corner with the attic key, shoot him a few more times, but then he'll run and jump at me and the screen will go black and I'll be damaged/infected. It's almost like his jump is scripted and I can't do anything about it, I don't know why all the sudden he's doing that to me, maybe I'm moving to far away from him? This combat is just so frustrating, you move so slow and he moves so fast, it's not balanced. ;_; BUT I will say I've gotten further than I was before thanks to the post that said you can block and not take damage.

EDIT: So I was just blocking an attack, and I still got damaged.... so.... *Oprah gif* what is the truth?
Some tips.
  • Blocking will still get you infected.
  • If you hit him with a head/chest shot with every single bullet in the house, you won't need the axe, but it is pretty hard.
  • When he hits you and the screen goes black is scripted, but it doesn't count as a hit.
  • You don't need to be uninfected to finish the dirty coin puzzle.

The locations for the ammo, if you haven't found all of them are: In the attic, two boxes in the bathroom, one in the hallway outside the bathroom and one in the staircase leading to the basement.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-16, 23:04   #24702
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
Some tips.
  • Blocking will still get you infected.
  • If you hit him with a head/chest shot with every single bullet in the house, you won't need the axe, but it is pretty hard.
  • When he hits you and the screen goes black is scripted, but it doesn't count as a hit.
  • You don't need to be uninfected to finish the dirty coin puzzle.

The locations for the ammo, if you haven't found all of them are: In the attic, two boxes in the bathroom, one in the hallway outside the bathroom and one in the staircase leading to the basement.
Yeah I know where all the ammo is, but man it's hard to headshot that thing even once. I know I can get the dirty coin with other endings, I just wanted to do it with the true ending so I could say I did. But I just figured I'd do it with the infected ending, because I was tired of playing it.

Thanks for the help though!

Is anyone going to get the collectors edition? I initially wasn't, but after watching an unboxing video, I kind of want it now. ;____;
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-16, 14:16   #24703
Gian Carlo

Clearly the best RE game since the end of the classic era...

Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-16, 19:09   #24704
jajay119

The bit where what's his name smashes through the wall is so reminicent of NEMESIS Great tone to that video. I'm more excited for this than I've been for RE in a long time.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-16, 23:36   #24705
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post

[youtube]

I just don't feel any excitement for this game at all. Even with the recent mentions of easter eggs that relate to previous games, I just find what has been shown as underwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
The bit where what's his name smashes through the wall is so reminicent of NEMESIS Great tone to that video. I'm more excited for this than I've been for RE in a long time.
It's then immediately ruined because Jack Baker says things like, "Well dag nabbit! I've ruined my dining room table!" Or " HeeHaw boy! I'm gonna make you squeal like a piggy!"

Just awful...

Last edited by shockwave_pulsar00; 12-12-16 at 23:43.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-16, 00:00   #24706
jajay119

The classic RE games always had somewhat cheesy dialogue and delivery. To me this is no different. It doesn't ruin anything for me
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-16, 00:09   #24707
James_Rutland

More excited for the film than the game, for the first time like ever.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-16, 00:58   #24708
RAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post

That's a matter of opinion... It's a shame because the game seems to be crafted beautifully but the FPP just kills it completely for me. This was their worst decision. Much worse than going action and shoot 'em up. FPP is probably the perspective that I hate the most. I would much rather have RE6 over this crap.

I am excited about the movie but not the game...
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-16, 02:52   #24709
Tommy123

That commercial gives me classic vibes I'm so ready
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-16, 05:18   #24710
robm_2007

That commercial looks quite good! I thought I saw a female figure hulking in the background, reminded me of Lisa Trevor.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote