Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 30-03-20, 19:30   #1
DragonSlayer

Default Lack of advertising for TV shows

It might be just me but has anyone noticed a complete lack of advertising for TV shows.

I only ask because Batwoman started on E4 last night and I only found out that it was starting when I was scrolling through the TV guide looking for something to watch, it's a good thing that I saw that it was on because I've been wanting to see it for a while, I would have been annoyed if I'd missed it.

Some shows like Game of Thrones and Westworld get plenty of advertising while shows like Batwoman get none, the same thing happened with season 5 of Gotham there was no advance notice that it was going to be on TV like Batwoman I found out that it was going to be on when scrolling through the TV guide.

What TV shows if any do you think got no advertising in advance of when a TV show would be starting on TV?
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 19:44   #2
redfox45

I think everyone who has any interest in the Batwoman series already knows about it. Hit me up when they decide to do a story on a REAL badass DC female that you can actually build an engaging story on.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 20:06   #3
SnatchingEdges

I think Ruby Rose's Batwoman specifically got enough ad

I think Netflix shows has enough advertisement. Elite, Money Heist, Sex Education, Stranger Things, The Witcher... The most popular ones, at least; and the new ones are spammed all over Twitter and the Netflix feed.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 22:04   #4
jajay119

Yeah I saw the Batwoman ads a lot last week. To be fair though with all the uncertainty at the moment many shows may be re-evaluating their schedule and that may have lead to a dip in advertising.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-20, 22:39   #5
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Yeah I saw the Batwoman ads a lot last week. To be fair though with all the uncertainty at the moment many shows may be re-evaluating their schedule and that may have lead to a dip in advertising.
I didn't see any at all and I watch a lot of TV, I was hoping to see an advertisement saying when it would be back on the magazine's I was reading a few weeks ago just said that it would be on at an unspecified time between February and April in Ireland and the UK.

IZombie is another TV show that had very little advertising when it was on here in Ireland only the first two seasons were shown here in Ireland and in that time no only saw one ad for it, plus the channel it was on started bouncing the show around in the schedule, every episode of season 1 was always on at the same time 9pm, with the second season it was moved to between 4 and 6am.

Only the first two seasons of IZombie were on in Ireland the rest were never shown here and if they had been they would have been bounced around in the schedule like the second season was, it's a pity that the last 3 seasons were never shown as it's a very funny show.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote