Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 14-01-19, 16:16   #71
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I liked the Kraken. He was more of a puzzle than anything else, like the final “fight”.
Me too. Besides, having a puzzle in place of a boss is a bit of a refreshing change of pace after Legend’s abundance of combat and boss fights. It reminds me of TR4’s final boss, actually.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-19, 20:17   #72
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGamer View Post
Someone knows abort this?

[MG]https://imgur.com/Kz6bZrS.jpg[/IMG]

i never remeber of this giant octopus of the Mediterranean mythology lol
Too late for abortions now.
VictorXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-19, 20:57   #73
Grizzly Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I liked the Kraken. He was more of a puzzle than anything else, like the final “fight”.
But it was such a basic puzzle....
But it was the first level after all, so that's ok.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 14-01-19 at 20:58.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-19, 18:35   #74
_Seth

Does anyone know if there's any X360 version that has all the DLCs on disc, not as a code, and so without the need to download?
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-19, 18:59   #75
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Me too. Besides, having a puzzle in place of a boss is a bit of a refreshing change of pace after Legend’s abundance of combat and boss fights. It reminds me of TR4’s final boss, actually.
it did feel like a puzzle! I liked it for the Kraken but was disappointed that they also went down that route for Natla. Underworld not having any boss fights at all was rather odd. I really liked Legend for them; it's always something to look forward to whilst playing a level. But in Underworld they completely scrapped boss fights for no clear reason.

I was also a little disappointed with Seth in TRIV. The whole game built up around this awesome God and you're like "woooo exciting!" and then when the moment finally arrives where you think you'll have to fight him, it just turns out to be a little climbing sequence while he acts as a moving trap or something.

TR Chronicles made up for that though. That game was full of bosses despite it's short playtime.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-19, 19:34   #76
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
it did feel like a puzzle! I liked it for the Kraken but was disappointed that they also went down that route for Natla. Underworld not having any boss fights at all was rather odd. I really liked Legend for them; it's always something to look forward to whilst playing a level. But in Underworld they completely scrapped boss fights for no clear reason.

I was also a little disappointed with Seth in TRIV. The whole game built up around this awesome God and you're like "woooo exciting!" and then when the moment finally arrives where you think you'll have to fight him, it just turns out to be a little climbing sequence while he acts as a moving trap or something.

TR Chronicles made up for that though. That game was full of bosses despite it's short playtime.
Yeah, Seth in TR4 was disappointing. I enjoy that section, but a climactic boss fight with him would have been cooler. It could have even been part of the reason Lara was so worn out in the ending.

I think the case with Underworld is that that game seemingly wanted to be two or three things at the same time. It wanted to be Legend’s sequel and it wanted to be a game with huge classic vibes and Norse mythology, so we got the game we have.

Legend’s boss fights were lots of fun, and though I enjoy Underworld’s “bosses”, it would have been nice if there was one that had actual combat.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-19, 21:27   #77
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Yeah, Seth in TR4 was disappointing. I enjoy that section, but a climactic boss fight with him would have been cooler. It could have even been part of the reason Lara was so worn out in the ending.

I think the case with Underworld is that that game seemingly wanted to be two or three things at the same time. It wanted to be Legend’s sequel and it wanted to be a game with huge classic vibes and Norse mythology, so we got the game we have.

Legend’s boss fights were lots of fun, and though I enjoy Underworld’s “bosses”, it would have been nice if there was one that had actual combat.
Exactly! The Seth section is quite cool, but just doesn't feel right after such a huge build up. Everyone wants to fight this awesome God but nope, you have to lock him away which is not even that obvious for some players. The ending felt a little rushed. I always thought of TRIV like this: it starts of with very high quality levels: cool and unique puzzles, very atmospheric settings, interesting storyline, etc. but the quality slowly drops as you progress further through the game. Cairo is still pretty good at delivering what it's supposed to and I like the challenge it provides but Giza is where I really started noticing exhaustion. The levels feel 'cheap' and worn out, needlessly long and sometimes tedious. The puzzles aren't very good either (no one knows the exact reasoning behind the alphabet paper for example). So yes, it's still a very good game, but from here on out it became obvious that Core Design could no longer handle the 1-year develop and release time limit. They probably felt that way too, hence why they tried to kill Lara off.

Anyway, I'm rambling about TRIV in the Underworld section

I feel the same way about Underworld too. They tried to recreate classic Lara but were stuck with the Legend storyline, since that storyline obviously hinted at a sequel. I guess that the sudden (read as: not initially planned) creation of TRA got in the way as well. Underworld is also a really good game, but unfortunately it became stuck between two different directions which resulted in a somewhat underwhelming experience from time to time. Thailand is amazing for example. I'm sure that almost everyone agrees on that. The soundtrack is also very very good! But the animations for example are rather.. ehh. Which always surprised me considering the amount of people who worked on them at that time.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 09:10   #78
CroftManiac05

I don't know if this glitch has been found before :

1) Stand on the opposite side of a ledge (as you climb up )
2) Move a bit to the front
3) Hold the aim button, press the backwards button and crouch to perform a backwards roll.
3)While she is doing the roll, release the aim button and press and hold it again quickly. She can descend any climbable ledge without dying

Maybe I'll upload a quick video later.

Last edited by CroftManiac05; 06-02-19 at 05:25.
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 08:32   #79
Woops

I knew I've seen it before:

Video from 2008
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-19, 08:47   #80
CroftManiac05

^Oh hey I didn't know that! It seems I'm 10 years late...
Do you know if there is already a glitch where Lara doesn't
put her pistols in her holsters and have them in her arms while running/climbing etc..?
CroftManiac05 is offline   Reply With Quote