www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 03-06-19, 22:24   #21
Mr GaGa
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
I've been considering to (finally?) get Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but at this time I'm not sore if it really worth it mostly because of that ammount of DLCs which I guess sooner or later they're going to add in some kind of Full Edition or whatever...

Should I wait for that full version or get the game already???
Why the hell did you wait so long? I wouldn't have been able to survive all these months without playing it.

Honestly if you aren't a huge fan then you might as well wait until the game is rereleased with Croft Manor included. At this point you might as well wait lmao
Old 03-06-19, 22:33   #22
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

^ he might wait forever then lol, there's absolutely nothing that indicates a rerelease. And Croft Edition has everything already so what's the point of a new edition?
Old 03-06-19, 22:58   #23
killchan
Explorer

...I think those suggesting to wait for the full edition (including me) didn't mean the unreasonably overpriced, unexpectedly tribal-themed Croft Edition,

but instead the discount, transparent, non-predatory all-in-one re-package.
Old 03-06-19, 23:49   #24
xspacedude
Archaeologist

There is absolutely no reason for them to release a repacked version of this game unless there’s a remaster for the PS5 and the next xbox wich won’t happen until later 2020 (with the addition that the PS5 will have backwards compatibility with PS4 so one more reason to not release a repackage)... But yeah, if you waited this long for it, you might as well wait forever for a repackage. Croft Edition has all the DLCs, and updates and I’m sure whatever new update the game gets in the future it’ll be included in this one. Apart from all of this, it’s a great game, even with all it’s flaws you’ll have a blast playing it.
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 00:52   #25
Robwood
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspacedude View Post
If he’s buying the digital version he’s getting a complete edition
Yeah, that's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
The dlcs are literally a "free" download. It's the complete version.
Doesn't matter if they're free. They won't be there on the disc when you buy it; that's the point of a complete edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
games that have everything "on the disk" don't exist anymore grandpa
You'd do well to change your mindset, sonny boy. Think like me and companies will be forced to return to the correct practice of completing games before selling them. That way you not only get a finished product right off the bat but you also don't have to fork over extra money and/or wait for anything.
Old 04-06-19, 01:15   #26
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

Lmao what. I'm pretty sure companies do whatever they please with their products.
Old 04-06-19, 01:53   #27
Swiz19
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspacedude View Post
There is absolutely no reason for them to release a repacked version of this game unless there’s a remaster for the PS5 and the next xbox wich won’t happen until later 2020 (with the addition that the PS5 will have backwards compatibility with PS4 so one more reason to not release a repackage)... But yeah, if you waited this long for it, you might as well wait forever for a repackage. Croft Edition has all the DLCs, and updates and I’m sure whatever new update the game gets in the future it’ll be included in this one. Apart from all of this, it’s a great game, even with all it’s flaws you’ll have a blast playing it.
Depends on what their plans are now that the season pass is over. I am hoping that they release DLC 8 for free, but also an expansion pack that goes for an hour or so in a new place set after SOTR's ending. An ancient mystery that needs solving set in Egypt with just Lara by herself or something. Would be a good way to introduce a classic Lara outfit with a braid, and then lead into cosmetic MTX's - which I am surprised they have not done yet. I guess they hate money.
Swiz19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 04:06   #28
Robwood
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Lmao what. I'm pretty sure companies do whatever they please with their products.
Your focus is in the wrong area. The complete edition of any game is as I've described. Anything that is not the completed product in disc form is not the complete edition.
Old 04-06-19, 04:23   #29
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Bloodborne's GotY edition, Dark Souls 3 The Fire Fades Edition and The Witcher 3 Complete Edition are a few examples of games that were rereleased with all their content on disc.

Yes, you get the same results if you buy the season pass and download all the pieces, but putting the entire thing on a disc at a later date is a thing

The 3 games have had a different story:
- Bloodborne's DLC, if I remember correctly, wasn't part of a season pass as it's only one piece of content.
- The Witcher 3 had a season pass, but game and pass couldn't be bought as a bundle.
- Dark Souls 3's case seems to be -almost- identical to that of Shadow: the game was launched with these options:
a) without DLC;
b) you could buy the season pass;
c) you could buy the package (like with Croft Edition, this one was called "Deluxe Edition").
At a much later date, DS3 got its complete edition (called "The Fire Fades Edition") on disc.

So it's not an unheard of practice. Shadow could be rereleased with all its content on disc, requiring minimum internet connectivity.

Last edited by Yuna´s Wish; 04-06-19 at 04:28.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 09:17   #30
Ruu11
Explorer

Croft Edition includes all DLCs?! omfg I saw it last month on GameStore for about 40$
It's probably not there anymore t___t