www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 14-06-19, 04:27   #3751
Nemo_91
Tomb Raider

I think it's her best since American Life or Confessions. I honestly didn't expect this after the singles, but they were the weakest songs. It sounds really fresh and experimental. Batuka and I don't seach I find tho!
Old 14-06-19, 06:37   #3752
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_91 View Post
I think it's her best since American Life or Confessions. I honestly didn't expect this after the singles, but they were the weakest songs. It sounds really fresh and experimental. Batuka and I don't seach I find tho!
It's definitely her most unique since American Life/Confessions. Definitely don't think any of these tracks are trend-chasing which was always something that came into question with the previous 3 albums. Overall I like it and I'm glad it seems she's explored a suitable sound(s) that works well for her nearly 40 years into her career.
Old 14-06-19, 18:38   #3753
Chamayoo
Professor

Currently listening and God Control was unexpected, totally disco. Haha. Nice track with a little bit sense of madness.

I don't really like how her voice is treated, production and melodic wise. I understand the style, emotionless and robotic but uh.
I'm not a fan of the guests too.

I still appreciate how she's far more adventure in years but not a favourite of mine.

Best tracks : God Control, maybe Crave and I Rise.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 11:08   #3754
george_croft
Relic Hunter

The new album sure is intriguing and understandably polarizing ! There are definitely a couple of future classics on there, and a handful of songs that i already love to bits.

My favourites of the moment are:
  • God Control
  • I don't search i find
  • Dark ballet
  • Killers who are partying
  • Looking for mercy
  • Medellín

Quote:
IDSIF is SUCH a great track, it honestly sounds like she recorded it during the Erotica sessions, sat on it for 28 years and released it today. It's such an unsuspected throwback for this album. The reviewer for Slant put it perfectly:

Quote:
But despite its ballroom strings, finger-snaps, and throaty spoken-word bridge, comparing it to “Vogue” or “Erotica” would be too easy. This isn’t a song so much as a mood. It’s downstairs music, the distant bassline rumbling beneath your feet as you slip into a bathroom stall for a quick bump or ****.
george_croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 13:59   #3755
Nemo_91
Tomb Raider

Yeah, it's one of my favorites. Sounds very 90s/Erotica era. Loving Extreme Occident atm. I'm pretty impressed by the album overall.
Old 15-06-19, 14:42   #3756
george_croft
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Yeah, it's one of my favorites. Sounds very 90s/Erotica era. Loving Extreme Occident atm. I'm pretty impressed by the album overall.
It so good, I've been finding myself listening to it over and over all day. I really feel for her when she sings "and I've got the right to choose my own life". The whole bridge set to the arabic-esque music is fantastic.

The outro to Batuka also has me feeling some emotional type of way. <3

Last edited by george_croft; 15-06-19 at 14:46.
george_croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 21:05   #3757
ryan91
Professor

I'm deeply sorry to officially announce that the album sounds what a street dumspter would sound like if it could make noises. The only OK part of the album is the pre-choruses of Looking For Mercy.

Imagine going to her next tour, hoping to get a Madonna experience, spending your rent on the ticket, and what you get is... this. Cuz she's the kind of one that builds the tour heavily around her recent effort.

But I know she will 100% stand for what she has done, giving zero ****s what anyone says, and will make this an era. And I respect that. (Unlike gaga, who flopped for filth, knew damn well she did, so threw away her whole album thing, and shamelessly came up with a generic ass song in the middle of the promo -cough the cure cough- hoping it will get some recognition the album didn't get. Now that was just plain tragic, and as a previous stan, painful to witness.)
ryan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 21:25   #3758
scion05
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan91 View Post
I'm deeply sorry to officially announce that the album sounds what a street dumspter would sound like if it could make noises. The only OK part of the album is the pre-choruses of Looking For Mercy.

Imagine going to her next tour, hoping to get a Madonna experience, spending your rent on the ticket, and what you get is... this. Cuz she's the kind of one that builds the tour heavily around her recent effort.

But I know she will 100% stand for what she has done, giving zero ****s what anyone says, and will make this an era. And I respect that. (Unlike gaga, who flopped for filth, knew damn well she did, so threw away her whole album thing, and shamelessly came up with a generic ass song in the middle of the promo -cough the cure cough- hoping it will get some recognition the album didn't get. Now that was just plain tragic, and as a previous stan, painful to witness.)
To be fair this album is her best received work since Confessions or arguably ray of Light. If she makes the intimate tour 70% Madame X I don't blame her, she has the receipts to back it up.
Old 19-06-19, 22:28   #3759
Chamayoo
Professor

Ok I Don't Search I Find is the best track now, funny I didn't notice it first listen.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 22:31   #3760
Fantasy
Archaeologist

This is one of the worst pop albums of the last decade.