Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Maybe it's a "tired" bar?
'I feel tired now'
'My legs feel tired'
'My tiredness is increasing'
'I need to decrease my fatigue in order to make that jump'

Honestly, this could ve been the mood for 2003 media.
Old 02-06-19, 20:13   #742
annacroft
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
Maybe it's a "tired" bar?
I definitely feel it was still a stamina bar but it shows you how much stamina she is using rather than how much she has left? So the opposite of what we got in the final game. Maybe they changed it just because it kinda makes more sense to have it deplete rather than increase?
Old 02-06-19, 21:45   #743
KIKO
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annacroft View Post
I definitely feel it was still a stamina bar but it shows you how much stamina she is using rather than how much she has left? So the opposite of what we got in the final game. Maybe they changed it just because it kinda makes more sense to have it deplete rather than increase?
That's what I thought too but then I saw this:

You can see she is climbing and the stamina bar is actually the blue one. The grey bar isn't empty but it's not full either. I'm at a loss here

EDIT: I found the original image on here but I can't seem to get it open to show you guys
https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com...eenshots4.html
should be the last 3 pictures

Last edited by KIKO; 03-06-19 at 03:22. Reason: See FAQ on posting images.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-19, 02:27   #744
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
So much commotion about the Japanese dubs

The weapon damage increase is the SOLE change to the JP versions of every TR game bar TR1 and AOD. No extra items or less enemies. 1 extra room in TR1 as it's a difficult trap room.

It's not too difficult to comprehend. What is it..6 x2pistol shots to kill a wolf. Unrealistic. The classic tomb raiders were very difficult compared to most other games out there Japanese or not. I prefer playing the JP versions because of all of this. Evens out the shooting and platforming better
tr3 has infinite saving doesn't it? and the pickup save crystals are heal crystals like the PC version
Old 03-06-19, 07:19   #745
Ruu11
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
About this video... I still think this was the version we had supossed to play, looks more polished and fluid. But then everything was deleted by accident (not sure what happend, but you know. Core or Eidos admited that they lost almost the whole game very near to the released date. wtf)

So what we actually had is the result of that time when they managed to fix the game after lost everything... Idk

Last edited by Ruu11; 03-06-19 at 07:21.
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-19, 18:04   #746
annacroft
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
That's what I thought too but then I saw this:

You can see she is climbing and the stamina bar is actually the blue one. The grey bar isn't empty but it's not full either. I'm at a loss here

EDIT: I found the original image on here but I can't seem to get it open to show you guys
https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com...eenshots4.html
should be the last 3 pictures
Hmm you're right! Maybe it was to show the speed she is running at and they originally had two stamina bars, one for walking/running/sprinting and a separate one for climbing? Like a grip meter?
Old 03-06-19, 18:08   #747
annacroft
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
About this video... I still think this was the version we had supossed to play, looks more polished and fluid. But then everything was deleted by accident (not sure what happend, but you know. Core or Eidos admited that they lost almost the whole game very near to the released date. wtf)

So what we actually had is the result of that time when they managed to fix the game after lost everything... Idk
From what I've read (official statements from ex-Core members) and also been told from people it was all down to the crunch at the end of the development cycle. There was so much pressure on them from Eidos it was very sad. But Eidos basically would've gone down under financially if they didn't release the game when they did. But it's in the past now, and I am grateful we got what we did.

(Sorry for the double post)
Old 03-06-19, 21:08   #748
KIKO
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annacroft View Post
Hmm you're right! Maybe it was to show the speed she is running at and they originally had two stamina bars, one for walking/running/sprinting and a separate one for climbing? Like a grip meter?
It's a possibility. There isn't much use to it from what I understand and maybe that's why it was deleted in the end. Unless there was more to it... maybe we'll find out some day.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 16:54   #749
Samz
Relic Hunter

Kurtis can stealth kill Strahov Guards.

By using Debug mode to get behind and shoot the Guard in Maximum Containment, he'll revert to normal Guard behavior (AKA In Lara's Levels.)

If you get behind him in stealth mode, Kurtis will grab him, throw him to the ground and stab him with the Chirugai.
Old 18-06-19, 18:59   #750
Girafarig32
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Kurtis can stealth kill Strahov Guards.

By using Debug mode to get behind and shoot the Guard in Maximum Containment, he'll revert to normal Guard behavior (AKA In Lara's Levels.)

If you get behind him in stealth mode, Kurtis will grab him, throw him to the ground and stab him with the Chirugai.
That's really neat, but tricky! Just tried it now. It's cool how the guard makes a different shrieking sound before you ambush him than other guards throughout the game!

So as I was messing around with the all weapons cheat, I know from the past that when you use certain weapons, Kurtis will do this glitched churgai animation (after what kind of looks like a box-carrying animation). What I didn't realize, however, was that if you select the shotgun, Kurtis will do what appears to be a rope grabbing pose. If you wait for the ammo count to appear then press the action button, Kurtis will do this animation what looks like he is pressing some buttons on a wall, but askew. Unfortunately this locks the game (Kurtis can't use any doors or get out of this, even when flying).

Interestingly If you press the draw weapon button instead of the action button, Kurtis will perform a different animation, then grunt in pain.

One other weapon is the dual scorpions which cause Kurtis to do the door-opening animation with his powers.

Last edited by Girafarig32; 18-06-19 at 19:05.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote