Closed Thread

Old 18-06-19, 19:41   #81
Lyle Croft
Professor

Interesting.
Old 18-06-19, 19:48   #82
tlr online
Administrator

Nathan has to honour the promises set out in his kickstarter campaign and this is all that matters. Nathan allegedly saying something to upset the feelings of a backer has nothing to do with his promise to deliver on his Kickstarter. He doesn't have to be courteous, polite, friendly or any of these things, he simply has to deliver on his promise.

The question here is whether or not Nathan is delivering on his campaign promises.
Old 18-06-19, 19:50   #83
ShutUpReyes
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Nathan has to honour the promises set out in his kickstarter campaign and this is all that matters. Nathan allegedly saying something to upset the feelings of a backer has nothing to do with his promise to deliver on his Kickstarter. He doesn't have to be courteous, polite, friendly or any of these things, he simply has to deliver on his promise.

The question here is whether or not Nathan is delivering on his campaign promises.
Does Kickstarter actually have anything to hold people who don't deliver their promised items and mismanage the funds to account?
Old 18-06-19, 19:54   #84
tlr online
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutUpReyes View Post
Does Kickstarter actually have anything to hold people who don't deliver their promised items and mismanage the funds to account?
https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/acc...on-kickstarter
Old 18-06-19, 19:59   #85
TR1249
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I agree. I dislike Mariah Carey as a person, but I don't think she's a bad singer, or that her music is bad, for example
It means your taste is bigger trash than Angel of Darkness.

Let's hope he gives everyone the stuff they paid for. His behavior doesn't suprise me tho.
Old 18-06-19, 20:23   #86
Maverin
Archaeologist

Arrow

This will damage and scar Nathan McCree's reputation forever.

It's truly tragic because he was considered a legend before the campaign began to experience problems.

I personally won't be taking any sides [yet] because there are multiple sides to every story, and every party involved should get the right to give his or her voice on the matter.
Old 18-06-19, 20:37   #87
Girafarig32
Professor

Stress and publicity can turn people into monsters. That doesn't excuse his behavior. I think you should've filed a police report if he threatened you. This seems to be a separate issue. As far as the kickstarter goes, it's a matter of if he can fulfill the promises made. If he doesn't, then he will need to refund all those who gave their money and received nothing.
Old 18-06-19, 20:45   #88
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:

Well, he kind of has to, if he wants a good working environment, respect from his colleagues, employees and costumers, costumers that will gladly pay for any of is products, and a career without major PR incidents. But hey, who am I to judge that...
Old 18-06-19, 20:50   #89
Maverin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Well, he kind of has to, if he wants a good working environment, respect from his colleagues, employees and costumers, costumers that will gladly pay for any of is products, and a career without major PR incidents. But hey, who am I to judge that...
I think that tlr_online meant legally. Acting inappropriate won't help his cause, but it's only when he can't fulfill the promised exchange (money in return for items/services) that it's gonna get really bad.
People might press charges in a worst case scenario.
Old 18-06-19, 20:50   #90
Zebra
Legend

Quote:

I mean nobody has to be any of those things, of course, but if you act like a jerk then you shouldn't be surprised if people start treating you accordingly.