www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 16-03-17, 02:11   #11
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHCroft View Post

"The Animatrix", "Enter The Matrix" and "The Matrix Online" proved there is plenty of room for more tales to be told within that universe, but based on recent history this already sounds a bit like a 'Let's use a famous, well loved franchise name to get peoples' attention and do what we want with it!' situation. The signs are all here.
It wont be more stories though, in all likelihood it will be a reboot of the original film.

I'm in two minds about it, I mean everyone's more tech savy now so they could probably do the original idea of the machines using Humans as processing power rather than batteries. But if the Wachowski siblings aren't in charge then it wont be a let's do it over again properly with our original ambitious ideas and better effects, rather a cheap Hollywood reboot.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-17, 02:19   #12
_Doppie_
Professor

I don't really care. Let's see what they can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
The first Matrix movie was great. 2 and 3 had no reason to exist, from a story perspective... they were just money grabs.
I have a hard time seeing how it could be the case. Considering that Matrix 1 is like 10% of the whole story and that even with the trilogy you need The Animatrix to understand the story, completely. Even without my previous statement, there are some hints in Matrix 1 that can only be understood in Matrix 2. Such as multiple screens saw before Neo's interrogation that ends up being The Architect's screens. (= Planned)

"Money grabs" is mainstream bs, to be honest.
Old 16-03-17, 06:43   #13
Trenton
Tomb Raider

I loved the first film, the second one was okay, but the third film was a mess. They should probably leave this alone, but if they do make more films then I hope the Wachowskis will be involved.
Old 16-03-17, 07:17   #14
SLAYER
Archaeologist

Wasn't the Matrix rebooted at the end?

Still, not interested.
Old 16-03-17, 07:25   #15
thabani33
Archaeologist

If they can't come up with something better than bullet-time at this point then they might as well just GTFO.
thabani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-17, 07:53   #16
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Interestingly enough, this is the one franchise where 'reboot' is actually written into the storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
I loved the first film, the second one was okay, but the third film was a mess. They should probably leave this alone, but if they do make more films then I hope the Wachowskis will be involved.
They don't want to be involved.

As for what the new film could do... hmm. I'm not 100% sure. They could definitely make it more relevant to the times. The original films were about humanity unknowingly and unwillingly becoming slaves to the machines. In contemporary times, we're willing participants. That might be a theme worth exploring. The idea of transhumanism would be an interesting one to explore for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thabani33 View Post
If they can't come up with something better than bullet-time at this point then they might as well just GTFO.
The Matrix wasn't just about bullet time, you know. It hit some pretty deep topics (at least, the first film did), and a new film should do the same.

Last edited by ggctuk; 16-03-17 at 07:54.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-17, 17:35   #17
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter

The first film was great, the next two weren't really worth watching.

Some things you can really only do once.

How are they going to reboot it anyway, make the "real world" outside the Matrix a Matrix too?
Old 16-03-17, 19:00   #18
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post
The first film was great, the next two weren't really worth watching.

Some things you can really only do once.

How are they going to reboot it anyway, make the "real world" outside the Matrix a Matrix too?
You know, that's actually a theory posited at the time of Reloaded to explain Neo's powers surfacing in the real world.
Old 16-03-17, 19:24   #19
Boobandie
Professor

I really like that theory, it explains so much and there are quite a few hints dropped. But do you think the real world outside both the 1999 matrix amd the war matrix is run by machines or man?

Machines - the solution to the 1% rejecting the matrix is to construct another around it of a real world where there is a perpetual war. There is no way to actually wake up, and the machines in reality are using us for processing power.

or

Man - we were brought up on films about ai's taking over and so developed the matrix as a sleep mode for our advanced future computers to keep them preoccupied and think they have independence and dominance so they don't actually take over the planet. Neo is a program, and Smith is The One.

Last edited by Boobandie; 16-03-17 at 19:25.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-17, 20:58   #20
Dustie
Relic Hunter

I wish they did a prequel trilogy telling the story of the machines taking over and how the matrix came to be.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote