www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 30-05-19, 00:08   #31
TrustyBow
Professor

Screw the critics. I'm seeing this tomorrow, and I honestly can't wait. Literally all the criticisms in regards to the first film were that there wasn't enough Godzilla, now the problem is that theres too much Godzilla? Come on now. Film critics recently have really been losing all their credibility.
Old 30-05-19, 04:45   #32
thabani33
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
Fun Fact:

Godzilla's Atomic Breath is stated to be at a Temperature of 1.2 Million Degrees Celsius, which means, its 218 times hotter than the Surface of the Sun.

Dude either has some next gen ceramic armor plated on his internal organs or the writers didn't exactly think the numbers through when creating him .
Scientifically that should melt every human, animal, plant and water in its vicinity. Seems like all of the above also have next gen ceramic armour
thabani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19, 07:36   #33
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

We're debating the durability of a 120-metre-high, 100k-ton monster that couldn't possibly exist in the real world since it would be crushed under its own weight
Old 30-05-19, 08:01   #34
thabani33
Archaeologist

Lol, the argument is not about the monster's weakness or strengths per se, but more about everything around it (living things and buildings) that are impervious to the power of the sun at close proximity.
thabani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-19, 14:00   #35
TrustyBow
Professor

I just saw it yesterday.

I totally understand why people would be put off by the human drama in this movie. It's not just a case of it being poorly done, but they also push it fairly hard at times. It's pretty easy to ignore in the beginning of the film (The movie hits you hard and fast with the Kaiju fights) but it becomes a big problem during the second half of the 2nd act when the monster fights slow down a bit and the humans play a bigger part.

That being said, I ****ing loved this movie. The fights make up for every single flaw in this movie, for me. Like I said, they bring the monsters in pretty early on and once they show up, they're there and fighting for the remainder of the movie. The final act was epic beyond proportions. Ghidorah was the standout for me. He completely overshadows Rodan and Mothra. As a villain, he's handled really well. There were actually points where I was rooting for him over Godzilla.
Old 03-06-19, 23:24   #36
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Saw it yesterday.

I can see why some of the critics were turned off on the emphasis on the "Monster on Monster" battles given that we didn't really get much of a background on each of our lead players other than "they just existed." Mothra alone IMO garners a movie of her own given how much of a re-occurring character she is throughout the Godzilla movies.

So unless you have been a fan of Kaiju movies from the Get-Go and have seen the classics, you wouldn't appreciate the interactions that happened between the Monsters in the movie. Its the DC Justice Leauge Formula all over again; And if its not done properly, it ends up being a total disaster.

HAVING SAID THAT, the movie for me personally was a HUGE hit! I have seen the classics and thereby appreciated everything about it; INCLUDING the human Drama. Its nice to see some compelling characters in a Kaiju movie for a change, though [SPOILER]Ichiro Serizawa's death was a bit wayyy too over-dramatic.[/SPOILER]

Gidohrah was everything I expected him to be; A villain that you hate to love and love to hate; Sort of like a Monster equivalent of Donald Trump . Its interesting how the parallels between Gidorah's actions in [SPOILER]being an invasive species and Terra-forming the world to suit its needs[/SPOILER] are completely inline in what humanity would do if they discovered a new planet. Something to think about I suppose .

For those who didn't stick around till the after credit scene, [SPOILER]now that the head of Gidorah has been salvaged, we can either see the return of Gidohrah or the infamous but oh so cheesy Mecha Gidohrah .[/SPOILER]

All in all, a good Kaiju bash em up! I give it a Kaiju rating of Category 4 .

Last edited by Catapharact; 03-06-19 at 23:26.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-19, 23:44   #37
Admles

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a good, monster action flick, and MBB is awesome as always. I don't go to see a Godzilla movie for human story, but to see Kaiju fight!
Old 04-06-19, 21:27   #38
Cat Woman
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
Fun Fact:

Godzilla's Atomic Breath is stated to be at a Temperature of 1.2 Million Degrees Celsius, which means, its 218 times hotter than the Surface of the Sun.

Dude either has some next gen ceramic armor plated on his internal organs or the writers didn't exactly think the numbers through when creating him .
Quote:
Originally Posted by thabani33 View Post
Scientifically that should melt every human, animal, plant and water in its vicinity. Seems like all of the above also have next gen ceramic armour
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
We're debating the durability of a 120-metre-high, 100k-ton monster that couldn't possibly exist in the real world since it would be crushed under its own weight
Even with the above facts, we enjoyed the movie today. You go to see “Godzilla” and it’s a movie. So many digital artists listed at the end credits. Make sure you watch right to the very end.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 04-06-19 at 21:29.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 21:38   #39
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

I LOVED the movie so much, it's my movie of the year SO GOOD!
Old 06-06-19, 20:07   #40
Dustie
Relic Hunter

My mom likes/liked watching Godzilla movies so I took her to see the first one, which didn't impress me but wasn't bad either. I don't feel like giving this one a try, but we'll see.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote