www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-06-19, 08:58   #21
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
As a member of an official fansite I'm baffled by the lack of communication we all have experienced since the release... Even when you send them a mail usually they answered. But this time, we have been ignored many times.

I'm the first at being excited for something but for this era I think they give up once the game was released...
Officially, there was a Season pass with 7 DLCs announced - this is what was officially promised, and this is what was delivered.

I think you should look at this from a different perspective. I understand that, as a big TR fan, you're really excited to see what's next - so am I. But you already should understand whatever comes next, wasn't planned and it takes time to be made. Also, they don't own us anything because they have delivered what they've promoted - and that was the 7 DLCs. People need to learn to be patient. This is likely one of the reasons why they're not as open as we wanted - because people act way too entitled sometimes.

There's a Portuguese saying: They give us a hand, and people want take the whole arm

Last edited by Vaskito; 11-06-19 at 09:01.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 09:04   #22
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
As a member of an official fansite I'm baffled by the lack of communication we all have experienced since the release... Even when you send them a mail usually they answered. But this time, we have been ignored many times.

I'm the first at being excited for something but for this era I think they give up once the game was released...
The devs would go silent for an entire year after announcing TReboot in 2011 and Rise in 2014. We literally had nothing. Since you joined only in 2017, you didn't experience this, but trust me Morrigan is actually communicating to us much much more than Meagan did. If anything, communication has been more fluid than ever since TRU. I'm happy with the job Morrigan has done so far.

Personally I just accepted that it's coming when it's ready. I'm struggling to understand what's with the rush and the overly demanding attitude.
Old 11-06-19, 09:15   #23
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
The devs would go silent for an entire year after announcing TReboot in 2011 and Rise in 2014. We literally had nothing. Since you joined only in 2017, you didn't experience this, but trust me Morrigan is actually communicating to us much much more than Meagan did. If anything, communication has been more fluid than ever since TRU. I'm happy with the job Morrigan has done so far.

Personally I just accepted that it's coming when it's ready. I'm struggling to understand what's with the rush and the overly demanding attitude.
Ah I see I've heard a different story but maybe I'm wrong.
From what official site are you ?

But I understand the frustration or the disapointment. But now all we have to do is waiting and hoping they bring us the big guns for the 25th Anniversary

Last edited by Ellioft; 11-06-19 at 09:18.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 09:21   #24
Aikon
Explorer

Quote:
I'm struggling to understand what's with the rush and the overly demanding attitude.
Yeah, go figure.
And I'm here hoping for developers to take as much time as possible.
Nothing good comes from a rushed work.
Aikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 09:30   #25
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Ah I see I've heard a different story but maybe I'm wrong.
From what official site are you ?

But I understand the frustration or the disapointment. But now all we have to do is waiting and hoping they bring us the big guns for the 25th Anniversary
I'm not part of any official site. I was referring to their PR and community managing. I feel with Shadow it's been better than with TReboot or Rise. Dassall.
Old 11-06-19, 09:30   #26
biscuits
Professor

Why are people acting as if EM are the only developers that are silent about their product? This is a very normal thing for developers (or any creators) to do. Most developers don't spill the beans on their content all the time for fans. Long periods of silence are a VERY normal thing. Bethesda hasn't been mentioning any significant details about Starfield or Elder Scrolls 6 either. If their audience was this forum, they'd be raging every single day about how none of the developers are saying anything. Have you considered that maybe the DLC is still being worked on? Maybe it's still in the concept stages? What exactly obligates them to release an update? If they didn't it clearly means it's not ready yet.

I mean seriously you lot are pretending as if the term "coming soon" was never used in any product ever.
Old 11-06-19, 09:39   #27
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
I'm not part of any official site. I was referring to their PR and community managing. I feel with Shadow it's been better than with TReboot or Rise. Dassall.
Ah I see. But for a lot it was better for reboot and Rise.
Old 11-06-19, 10:32   #28
johnanonymouz
Professor

They can take as much time as they need, if it means the final product will be great. Studios go silent all the time so this isn't a problem for me. I already know something is coming and that's enough for me atm. It hasn't even been that long since the Season Pass ended.
Old 11-06-19, 10:36   #29
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

It's a synonym for never
Old 11-06-19, 10:37   #30
LukeXscorpio
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I can give you one:

It's not ready. It will launch when it is.

See, it's simple

They could just say something it wouldn’t ruin the whole dlc to just tell us what’s going on.
LukeXscorpio is online now   Reply With Quote