www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 13-06-19, 07:21   #11
killchan
Explorer

I'm gonna buy a Switch at some point... for the exclusives.

I never play outside (that would defeat the purpose of going outside ) so if I wanted to play those games on a mobile device, I would have bought a Nvidia Shield Tablet and connect that to my PC, or bought the vastly inferior PS4 version of those games so that I can stream those to my PSVita.
Old 13-06-19, 07:51   #12
Vaskito
Relic Hunter

I wish I had a Switch, to play some of the Nintendo games. But it's way too expensive, and I'm not a console guy tbh
Old 13-06-19, 08:39   #13
biscuits
Professor

Sure, why not. It's good for extra money.
Old 13-06-19, 09:36   #14
Portugalraider
Professor

I'd love it, really. Portable Tomb Raider? Sign me in!

TReboot and RotTR already have last gen versions to work with, with they want to be lazier, but even porting SotTR doesn't seem to much of a stress, if they were able to port RotTR to the much less powerful XB360.

The only real problem I can see is Paititi due to its large size and possible data streaming problems. But if The Witcher 3 can come to the Switch, with some clever work you have Paititi running on Switch as well
Old 17-06-19, 04:30   #15
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

I certainly don't ever want for the reboot trilogy to get developed for the nintendo switch because I certainly don't even care about any nintendo products anyway.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 05:58   #16
SoraSakai
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
I certainly don't ever want for the reboot trilogy to get developed for the nintendo switch because I certainly don't even care about any nintendo products anyway.
If you’re not going to expend any effort towards making sense, then I’m not going to go the extra mile to read what you write.
Old 17-06-19, 08:32   #17
tomee
Tomb Raider

Sure, why not? I don't have The Switch, but it's a pretty popular console, from what I gather and extra sales never hurt (assuming porting the game isn't too expensive). It's a bummer that third party developers are just starting to support Nintendo again finally and they'll have to stop once again when the PS5/Xbox2 hit stores next year. I don't understand why Nintendo won't harmonize their console generations to them.

Last edited by tomee; 17-06-19 at 08:36.
tomee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 09:22   #18
killchan
Explorer

according to rumors, a more powerful switch is in production.
Old 17-06-19, 10:27   #19
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
according to rumors, a more powerful switch is in production.
Not that much powerful though, it's more of a revision like the DSi and New 3DS were to the the original DS and 3DS.

Of course work on the Switch 2 is definitely happening as well, but I guess we might still be some 2-3 years away of that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Sure, why not? I don't have The Switch, but it's a pretty popular console, from what I gather and extra sales never hurt (assuming porting the game isn't too expensive). It's a bummer that third party developers are just starting to support Nintendo again finally and they'll have to stop once again when the PS5/Xbox2 hit stores next year. I don't understand why Nintendo won't harmonize their console generations to them.
When they were doing more traditional consoles, especially for the Wii-u yes, it was a bit mind-boggling why they didn't invest in more powerful hardware. However, with the conversion of they home console and handheld devices, it makes more sense: you need to have low power consumptions for handheld. Still, the Switch is been doing way more than one could imagine with the specs it actually has. I assume the same thing will happen with its successor.
Old 17-06-19, 22:49   #20
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
If youíre not going to expend any effort towards making sense, then Iím not going to go the extra mile to read what you write.
I'm voicing out my own opinion just so you know so therefore, I absoluetly won't like the idea to get the reboot trilogy developed for the switch because it will all might have such different functionality and everything on how they would develop it for the nintendo switch. Plus nor am I even a fan of nintendo switch either to the point that I certainly won't even bother of getting that crap at all from my own opinion.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote