www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 25-01-20, 13:35   #15611
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Talking

Do they really want to mess with Tomb Raider 2?
If so, I'm hoping their movie is bad, so bad that it makes TR shine.

I'm kidding, but I'm hoping our sequel is really good, I would hate if negative reviews come out again and people are influenced by them.

But I have a feeling that people will always find a way to hate on TR somehow no matter what.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 25-01-20 at 13:37.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-20, 18:00   #15612
TrustyBow
Professor

Super dirty move for sure but there's no way that release date is being met. The director that they're pondering hasn't even officially signed on yet, and there's no estimated date for filming to start. I don't even think they've made a final screenplay.

It'll either be delayed or just cancelled. Not to mention it wouldn't be much of a surprise if TR2 were to be delayed, as well.
Old 25-01-20, 20:23   #15613
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Sony's playing so dirty I kinda love it.

That's hilarious. This will certainly light a fire under MGM to get Tomb Raider 2 into production. Trust me: you want to be FIRST to market and do it better so if Uncharted tanks you get the headlines "Just go see Tomb Raider 2"

I think if their determined to get this filmed before Tom has to do Spidey they will find a director, they'll just go lower down on the list. Frankly though I don't know if TR2 will make March 2021 as I really believe MGM wont have cashflow until Bond comes out in April so they can move money around. Legally Blonde was supposed to come out in February 2020, it's still officially DATED for May 2020 on Box Office Mojo and other release date calendars.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 25-01-20 at 20:30.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-20, 00:17   #15614
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

It would be weird for the Uncharted movie to be in competition with TR considering they don't even have a director yet and the Spider-Man sequel is supposed to be released in July 2021. Unless they really start shooting in a couple of months I don't see how they would be able to have the movie ready in time. And Tom needs to film Spider-Man soon considering all the post production Marvel needs to do.

I still think an Uncharted movie based on young Nathan is a huge mistake. There's not an audience for it. And it's weird because a movie with the OG cast would be what most fans would want to see. With Sully, Elena, Chloe, etc. There's 0 buzz about this movie. Not that there's a huge expectation for the TR sequel either, but still.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-20, 05:01   #15615
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post

I still think an Uncharted movie based on young Nathan is a huge mistake. There's not an audience for it. And it's weird because a movie with the OG cast would be what most fans would want to see. With Sully, Elena, Chloe, etc. There's 0 buzz about this movie. Not that there's a huge expectation for the TR sequel either, but still.
I agree with this. No one wants to see a young Nathan Drake origin movie. It's like they are copying the TR2018 movie in terms of themes. As with these franchises, a lot of comparisons are going to be made.
Old 26-01-20, 09:28   #15616
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

If Uncharted opens in March before Tomb Raider, Uncharted will hurt Tomb Raider.

1. Uncharted is the novelty. First movie of the series.
2. Tom Holland is much more popular than Alicia.
3. Uncharted marketing would be similar to Tomb Raider: adventure movie, video game ...

Then Tomb Raider would arrive and the people would feel the same.

I hope that one of the two movies will change date. If TR were first ... but going second.

Uncharted doesn't look like being late anymore. The script was already and the preproduction of the movie too. It was delayed because Spiderman 3 had more priority to Sony but when they finished with Spiderman 3 they would film Uncharted without delays.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 26-01-20 at 09:30.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-20, 12:27   #15617
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Spider Man is supposed to shoot July-November this year. That doesn't leave enough time for Uncharted to film and be edited unless they film it before July and with no director it's very unlikely to meet that March window.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 26-01-20 at 12:28.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-20, 12:31   #15618
SoraSakai

Uncharted has zero chance.
No one wants to see a young Nathan drake movie.

Nathan Fillion is what everyone wanted. He even sounds like Nathan from the game. He even made a very popular, very well recieved short fan film.

And what does Hollywood do?
Absolutely the complete opposite.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-20, 12:40   #15619
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Is Tom Holland and an origins story a la TR2013 confirmed for Uncharted? Any source? If it is true, yeah... it stands no chance in front of Tomb Raider finally! ^.^

This could be the chance to make the TR franchise shine bright like a diamond like before...
Old 26-01-20, 12:47   #15620
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I think you are very positive.

The FIRST Uncharted movie on the big screen and with Tom Holland (a super popular star) has a better chance of success than a sequel to TR.

The novelty effect and the big American stars (Tom Holland, Mark Wahlberg confirmed) will appeal to the public. Even if they don't know anything about Uncharted.

Two treasure hunter movies in the same month are a disaster.

And TR premiering later when the first movie did not charm the public ... disaster.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote