www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-02-18, 08:31   #8911
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter
 
Soma Holiday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Onboard the Normandy
Posts: 5,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
The full show with Alicia but without the clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKBcEn-creY
Thanks!!!
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 08:44   #8912
2001LC20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Lothric
Posts: 6,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
Forreal twitter is cancer!! Im not going to go on there anymore the stupidity is just too frustrating.
Definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
So i taped the graham norton show on bbc america last night and alicia wasnt on there. Any idea when her show airs on american bbc? Is it a week or so later? I wanted to see the clip on my big tv.

As for the question of whether i miss sam and roth. Absolutely not. I hate the sam fans who are constantly pushing for lara to be a lesbian (nothing against that i just hate that everyone thinks a character needs love interests to be interesting, i love lara most of all because she's never needed or wanted one.) Roth was ok but the movie would be bashed as whitewashed if all the cast was white. As long as they dont make lu ren a romance i will be happy with the changes.
%100 true i even have seen fanarts of Lara and Sam but more like two lesbi friends (the comments were insane too like "Lara is meant to be a lesbian with Sam")
I dont understand why people loves Sam so much i didnt even care about her in the game but seeing those shocked me!
They definitely want Lara and Sam to be lesbians and together because loving Sam that much cant be just that i rather i love chickens of old Counter Strike games way more than Sam
Whether male or female Lara doesn't need a love interest nor wants to. Also Lu ren as a love interest will be stupid generic and completely opposite to Lara

P.S=I hope the community will be better one day but it looks hopeless in any way
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 11:52   #8913
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider
 
Tonyrobinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Devil's Pit
Posts: 19,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombstone View Post
Box office for domestic is projected 22 million opening and 55 million life time.
http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-...er-love-simon/

Not disastrous but not great. Overseas box office will have to do the heavy lifting.
That prediction is very long range before proper marketing even started so I expect it has changed.
__________________
Does anybody really read these?!

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 18-02-18 at 12:36.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 12:24   #8914
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider
 
James_Rutland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Essex
Posts: 11,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
"Oh for god's sake." Is it just me that thinks movie Lara is going to be more quoteable than game Lara? It's nice to hear little one-liners again.
I feel like they probably want to make a more likeable character than the game version. While she's relatable and realistic, the character in the game can be quite a bit dull and mary-sue like. Especially in Rise where she's like a people pleaser. This Lara seems a bit more selfish, without spoiling anything from the script there's a scene where she also ALMOST makes a very, very selfish decision near the end of the movie. She's not perfect, she has many flaws in this movie and that is something that makes for interesting character development. She has a very negative outlook of life at the start of the film and has quite a bad attitude towards everything with sarcastic lines a bit like TR4-AOD Lara.

Last edited by James_Rutland; 18-02-18 at 12:26.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 12:35   #8915
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider
 
Tonyrobinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Devil's Pit
Posts: 19,655
Default

I absolutely love that they've made Yamatai look more like a jungle with the added visual effects work, I was a bit concerned when they started filming in Cape Town because it can look a lot like a desert location but they've enhanced it beautifully the flowing tropical water and the lush cliffs and trees make it look so wonderful and cinematic and amazing scope and production values.
__________________
Does anybody really read these?!
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 12:37   #8916
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider
 
James_Rutland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Essex
Posts: 11,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I absolutely love that they've made Yamatai look more like a jungle with the added visual effects work, I was a bit concerned when they started filming in Cape Town because it can look a lot like a desert location but they've enhanced it beautifully the flowing tropical water and the lush cliffs and trees make it look so wonderful and cinematic and amazing scope and production values.
This. I just hope they don't forget about the Japanese architecture on the island. Like Japanese style bridges and Pagoda's. I know there Himiko's Tomb is a Giant Pagoda in the film but I hope we see some random ones in the distance too to give that ancient Japanese feel.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 12:39   #8917
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter
 
Soma Holiday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Onboard the Normandy
Posts: 5,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
I feel like they probably want to make a more likeable character than the game version. While she's relatable and realistic, the character in the game can be quite a bit dull and mary-sue like. Especially in Rise where she's like a people pleaser. This Lara seems a bit more selfish, without spoiling anything from the script there's a scene where she also ALMOST makes a very, very selfish decision near the end of the movie. She's not perfect, she has many flaws in this movie and that is something that makes for interesting character development. She has a very negative outlook of life at the start of the film and has quite a bad attitude towards everything with sarcastic lines a bit like TR4-AOD Lara.
AAAAHHHHH this makes me so excited!!! She sounds perfect!!!!

Im gonna be crying in the theater people are gonna think im a psycho!!! Trying to decide if driving 2 hours to see it in imax is worth it. I don't care for 3D i wonder if its 3D only imax.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 12:40   #8918
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider
 
Tonyrobinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Devil's Pit
Posts: 19,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
This. I just hope they don't forget about the Japanese architecture on the island. Like Japanese style bridges and Pagoda's. I know there Himiko's Tomb is a Giant Pagoda in the film but I hope we see some random ones in the distance too to give that ancient Japanese feel.
They've done a great job with the mountains in the Hong Kong scene so I'm hopeful there will be little visual treats in the distance. I'm impressed with the main Pagoda tomb in general and I love the Triangular design of Himiko's chamber.
__________________
Does anybody really read these?!
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 12:44   #8919
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,868
Default

I dont think that we see nothing of architecture on the island. I think it's just a normal island and below is Yamatai buried. Although, it would be great if we saw something more than an abandoned plane.
PinkyPromise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 12:53   #8920
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider
 
Tonyrobinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Devil's Pit
Posts: 19,655
Default

I hope they'll add a few shipwrecks to the shot of the ocean. That'd be a nice homage.
__________________
Does anybody really read these?!
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 23:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.