Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 20-10-20, 02:13   #1271
Yuna´s Wish

Ok, maybe they went a bit overboard with difficulty. But that's precisely its charm, since you learn by failing (a lot). By the end of the journey, rest assured, you are miles better. I just started a New Game and I reached Draggin' On having died only once (and in Draggin' On, of course), so I kind of learned my way.

Also, I've come to accept I might not get the Platinum trophy, mostly because of the Relics. I've always hated the Relics, and this is no exception. I got it for N.sane and Team Racing, but this one might be just too much. Once I embraced that idea, I began to enjoy it even more.

Oh, I do have one complaint. Modern and Retro are sort of pointless as things stand. The game is WAY too generous with its lives-giving. I rarely went below the 90s range once I reached it (Polar is one of those exceptions). Perhaps it should have either been less generous, or it could have used a lives cap (30 or 35, for example).
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-20, 11:44   #1272
LaraCablara

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraiderxii View Post
Um.. the original games were notorious for their trial and error gameplay lol this isn't news.

In any case, I loved this game. Feels like a proper sequel and I love how puzzley the platforming is this time around. Did I rage a few times? Absolutely, but I still had a blast. I hope spyro gets it's retcon moment so we can forget enter the dragonfly onwards never happened

Ugh I just live how gamey this feels. I haven't been enthralled by a AAA game in a long time. A short hike was the last game that I found truly engaging so this was a treat.
They were not.

What crash game has this many things jumping out on the screen with one second to react or a bunch of boxes hidden off screen that require a guide to find. This was never how Crash was like, even in the first game.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-20, 17:30   #1273
KIKO

My only question is, is this game worth the price or should I wait for black friday?

EDIT: I just couldn't wait and got it LOL

Last edited by KIKO; 25-10-20 at 00:50.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-20, 20:00   #1274
Johnnay

Crash on the run will be released on the 25th of March (that long lol)
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 03:05   #1275
KIKO

23 deaths in Off Balance. Seriously, this level To think I used to call myself an expert player
Old 02-11-20, 03:21   #1276
Yuna´s Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
23 deaths in Off Balance. Seriously, this level To think I used to call myself an expert player
I believe that our proficiency with the trilogy doesn't really give us an advantage here. Other than knowing we have to destroy the wooden boxes, jump on TNTs, and avoid Nitros, we are as new as any newcomer
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 23:43   #1277
KIKO

^It seems that way. I managed to do it with 1 death this time around. What really made me die the first time were the Akano parts. The phasing parts also caught me off guard but I got through it pretty quickly.

I had to accept that getting all the gems in one go like the trilogy wasn't duable for me. This is also my advice to anyone who is used to doing it. If you're going for the boxes don't bother with the 3 death gem. If you're going for the death gem, don't bother with getting all the boxes.

Does anyone know if manual saving is a thing in this game?
Old 03-11-20, 02:44   #1278
Uzi master

Did they change death-warping for gems or is that still possible?
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 03:22   #1279
sheepman23

Hey guys! I threw together a lil' commemorative video for the newest 3 titles. Check it out, enjoy 3 minutes of Crash pandemonium, and drop a like/subscribe - I'd really appreciate it (my channel doesn't have a whole lot right now lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjPnuJe5AeI
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 03:41   #1280
Johnnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
Same before toys for bobs stuffed this game so badly with the difficulty and other useless crap
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote