www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 04-09-22, 17:09   #441
CelticGuard
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
^what do you mean? You can literally open your wad and then save it as .wad2
If you mean actually dragging dunno then
Oh, I meant dragging a wad/wad2/tr file from Windows Explorer directly into the Source or Destination panel instead of having to use the File Picker dialog
CelticGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-22, 14:01   #442
LCEF (CA)
Archaeologist

^ It will be nice if it's possible one day

I did some alteration to LARA_SKIN, I have correctly match SKIN and JOINT in blender so there is no need to remap anything of Lara's body, except for the HAIR. I did nothing to it, it's the same model but for some reason I cannot remap any vertices with WT to make it works in TEN. They just want to stick to Lara's ear..

As you can see on these gif, numbers are correct.

I tried to invert them but it doesn't work either.

I'm using this model in red. When I checked how vertices are numbered on the original I saw that vertices of the hole for the Hair don't match with the HAIR model but it seems to not be an issue ingame..

So I put the same numbers on my model and even if they not match the HAIR model... it works ?

It's the first time I try to remap vertices so I'm a bit confuse about how it really works..
LCEF (CA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-22, 01:12   #443
Kapu
Professor

You used the wrong numbers, the hair hole on Lara’s head (from top left, going clockwise) is 40, 39, 37, 38. It’s hard coded to these numbers.

Last edited by Kapu; 11-09-22 at 01:14.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-22, 09:03   #444
LCEF (CA)
Archaeologist

Oh, it's good to know ! Thanks !
Old 13-09-22, 21:15   #445
Kapu
Professor

You're welcome! Did you get it working?
Old 13-09-22, 22:04   #446
LCEF (CA)
Archaeologist

Yes it works great, thanks

I have just some issues with the last portion of the hair which is not connecting properly with its parent mesh, maybe because that last bit has a different hole size.
I think all HorusGoddess's models have the same hair mesh and I don't think there was any issues in TR4 engine when using those. Maybe TEN handles hair meshes differently and they need the be the exact same size ? I will do some testing and fixing tomorrow.
Old 26-09-22, 21:30   #447
disapearing-boy
Archaeologist

Is it possible to scale animations when importing them? Or will this feature be implemented in the future? When importing an fbx file I notice the option is not clickable at all - it's stays at 1.0.

The anim rotations are fine but the depth of the scene is lost as the X,Y and Z values are only a fraction of what they should be. I can edit the values manually frame by frame, typing each value into my calculator, multiplying it, enter the new value etc.. but that will be tedious. I tested that here

Since these anims were extracted from another game (RE1) I don't have many other options. I'm not very familiar with blender and 3dsmax didn't have a scale option for .fbx on export.
Even the option to export these anims as a spreadsheet would be welcome as I could edit the values quickly.

EDIT - nevermind - I got it sorted. I learned how to scale the anims in 3dsmax.

Last edited by disapearing-boy; 27-09-22 at 20:33.
disapearing-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-22, 04:22   #448
Kapu
Professor

Issue I'm having with UV maps:

Left is Meta, right is WadTool. Why is the material stretched like this? I have encountered this in the past with MQO files when a single mesh is made up of multiple objects within the MQO (in this case, the torso and backpack are two separate pieces).
Old 27-10-22, 12:38   #449
egypt_gypsie
Professor

I had a thought.

Would it be possible to implement an in-program object library? Like you open a WAD, and then you can "import" the....for example, the plants in that WAD to your plants section in Wadtool, and they will just always be there. So next time you want to add that plant to a new WAD, you don't have to open the WAD it came from, you just go to your object library in Wadtool and find it.

You could organize all of your objects by type, or by game, by theme, etc.

With so many different objects out there now, I feel like this would be helpful.
Old 07-11-22, 20:54   #450
Danath
Archaeologist

Exclamation Wadtool and TR2 translucent statics

Hello, i am having a weird problem with Wadtool and statics with alpha-blend on them.

I'm building a TR2 level ( TR2G exactly, using TR2Main, with Alpha Blend reg setting enabled )

When i use Wadtool for importing statics with translucent sides ( from TR3 ), the translucency doesn't work in-game, but can be seen inside TE when you place them.
Back when i was using TRV for building Ancient Jade Mask TR2 game, translucency worked perfectly on imported statics.

I don't get why Wadtool cannot produce the same result, after all it's meant as a replacement. Checked on Wadtool the imported statics, translucent faces can be seen inside the object editor, with blending correctly set for those polygons.

Using TRV on the compiled level to import such statics is an option, but i got texture issues on some of the terrain after doing that, not entirely sure why though.

There is a .json TR2Main script in which blending can be set for objects, but i didn't need to use that at all when i used TRV. Why is this the case? Can someone help?

Update: I could find the way to edit the json to make an entire mesh translucent, now i would need to know how to filter non-translucent polygons out.

Last edited by Danath; 09-11-22 at 01:34.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote