www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 24-11-22, 03:06   #15471
Richard_trle
Explorer

Thank you very much AkyV!

Based on your answer I was able to do a little of testing and it seems that it is a bug. And it only happens with Fade Out (Very Long) and Fade In (Very Long).

Using Fade Out with any Fade In with any other Timer than Very Long works fine.

Using F85 with "Fade Out and Fade In (screen becomes black and then come back the light)" Extra and Very Long time also glitches out.

Once again, thank you very much!
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-22, 19:42   #15472
AkyV

You are welcome!
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 05:22   #15473
Stryke
Historian

Has anyone had any luck in getting TokyoSU TR1 enemies to work? I'm scripting things correctly but things just don't work.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 14:02   #15474
Joe Derivative
Hobbyist

Default Where to get NextGen custom levels?

So, TRLE.net is for custom, fan-made levels based on TR1-5 engines and assets. Is there any website where fans put their NextGen levels? I haven't found one.
Joe Derivative is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 15:01   #15475
MigMarado
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Derivative View Post
So, TRLE.net is for custom, fan-made levels based on TR1-5 engines and assets. Is there any website where fans put their NextGen levels? I haven't found one.
NG levels aren't usually set apart from regular TR4 levels, so it just depends on the time they were released and on the builders who published each level.
MigMarado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-22, 04:58   #15476
Joe Derivative
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigMarado View Post
NG levels aren't usually set apart from regular TR4 levels, so it just depends on the time they were released and on the builders who published each level.
I thought they were TRAOD-LAU levels?
Joe Derivative is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-22, 08:08   #15477
MigMarado
Hobbyist

There are no such levels that I know of. There are levels using assets from more recent TR games, but the engines are always TR1-5 or, more recently, TEN (a TR5 inspired community engine with most TR1-5 assets and more).
MigMarado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-22, 18:34   #15478
renspyro
Archaeologist

Hello! I have a little issue, I hope someone can help me

For my level in the final path, I want to be a timer that when it reaches zero, kills Lara in a simulated explosion.

I have already made my TriggerGroup command which is the following:

Code:
TriggerGroup=	9, $2000,80,$00B6, > ; Play Blown Up Animation
		$2000,63,$0001, > ; Kill Lara with Flames
		$2000,355,$1401; Flash Orange on Screen
But, when I add the GlobalTrigger, just starting the level Lara "explodes"

This is the command i wrote:

Code:
GlobalTrigger=	6, IGNORE, GT_SCREEN_TIMER_REACHED, 0, IGNORE, 9, IGNORE
I have tried disabling the GlobalTrigger in principle with another code:

Code:
GlobalTrigger=	6, FGT_DISABLED+FGT_SINGLE_SHOT, GT_SCREEN_TIMER_REACHED, 0, IGNORE, 9, IGNORE
And when the counter begins to count down, reactivate the GlobalTrigger with a Flipeffect Trigger but at the moment of doing so, the TriggerGroup is activated instantly

I even tried making a conditional TriggerGroup to add it in the Parameter flag of the GlobalTrigger, but the same result, the trigger goes on instantly.

I wonder what i'm doing wrong

Last edited by renspyro; 20-12-22 at 18:35.
renspyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-22, 22:58   #15479
AkyV

Hello!
The screen timer is also 0 in the moment when the level starts, that is why it explodes Lara in the first moment.
What I suggest (all of them aggregated):
- Instead having "zero timer" GlobalTrigger condition, use eg. "timer is 1" condition. Plus, the TriggerGroup to be activated by the GlobalTrigger must be something else: a Flipeffect to activate an Organizer.
In the Organizer, start with that 1 second slip. If that is over (i.e. when screen timer is 0), then the events you want will happen.
- It is complicated to trigger anything if Lara is dead. So, for example, even a tiny milli-second after her death, you cannot really trigger that orange flash.
My suggestion is the first event in the Organizer (i.e. when screen timer is 0) is the orange flash. After that place 1-2 tick frames for the next event, so the player won't recognize they happen not at the same time, but one after the other, it happens so fast. (For the third event: try another 1-2 frames. But flame and blowing are both killing commands, I am not sure which should happen sooner in the Organizer - try it.)
- And perhaps a single shot flag is also recommended, if you experience that GlobalTrigger starts the flash again and again while that "counter is 1" is true.

EDIT:
In this construction, you don't need FGT_DISABLED or a Flipeffect to activate the GlobalTrigger.

Last edited by AkyV; 20-12-22 at 23:02.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-22, 05:14   #15480
renspyro
Archaeologist

Thank you so much for the feedback!

I'm quite new with NGLE and i didn't have any idea of the organizers, i tried this Organizer:

Code:
Organizer=	1, FO_TICK_TIME, IGNORE, 3, 11, 2, 9, 1, 10
Then a Flipeffect trigger for the organizer in the Global Trigger and it actually worked

After that, while i was checking in NG Center the _MNEMOMIC constants for a command i needed, i found this intresting command: GT_TRNG_G_TIMER_EQUALS and it's actually what i was trying to do without the organizer

Quote:
Used in GlobalTrigger= command.
Enabled when the Global trng timer has same value set in Parameter field.
The value you type in Parameter field is in frame ticks, where 1 second = 30 frame ticks.
So if you want detect when a growing timer reaches 40 seconds you have to type "1200" , since 40 * 30 = 1200.

Remark: This global trigger works ONLY while the respective timer is running, this means it's not necessary (and neiter advisable) to use FGT_SINGLE_SHOT or FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED flags.
I put a code like this:

Code:
GlobalTrigger=	6, IGNORE, GT_TRNG_G_TIMER_EQUALS, 1, IGNORE, 9, IGNORE
So as you suggested me, i put a 1 instead of the 0 to avoid instant activation, then i normally triggered the timer and it also worked!!

Now i have two ways to work with this style of timer triggers and i learned about the organizers. Thanks again!
renspyro is offline   Reply With Quote