www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 29-11-22, 03:02   #1611
LateRaider
Professor
 
LateRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu270891 View Post
Hi,

I'm trying yo get past Von Croy's apartment, but the cleaner doesn't arrive, I even restarted the level multiple times, but it just doesn't work. Is there anything I need to do besides picking up the pistol and the walking stick?

Thanks.
Hi,

Sometimes you can press Ctrl + F to search "The FAQ", which can be found in the second post of this thread. "FAQ" stands for "Frequently Asked Questions." In this case, you could have also pressed Ctrl + F and typed "Cleaner".

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...24&postcount=2


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
I've picked up Werner's Walking Stick and the Rigg 09, but the Cleaner hasn't arrived.

To trigger the Cleaner, you must pick up both Werner's Walking Stick and a new item called Fax from Carvier to Von Croy, found near Werner's computers. Check carefully for a flashing sparkle. Remember to pick up the Rigg 09 before engaging the assassin.
__________________
Tomb Raider Forums member #54094 - Always late to the party
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 10:56   #1612
Kurtis6
Historian
 
Kurtis6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Portugal
Posts: 326
Default

I am replaying this, yet again, and yes - This is what 2003 AOD should have been. This is the proof that if Core had more than 6 months to a Christmas release, the reception was completely different.
Kurtis6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-22, 16:47   #1613
reborninshadow
Explorer
 
reborninshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 728
Default





Just some screenshots of an earlier version of the first level with proper lighting and fixed textures. I found the lighting files that can be opened in the level editor for a slightly earlier version of this level so it should be mostly authentic

I will probably release this, the castle I showed earlier and a developer test level for people to mess around with (with more coming in the future), just keep in mind that they won't be fully playable like I mentioned before and this isn't a part of the actual mod itself.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-22, 19:47   #1614
$@Ssio
Student
 
$@Ssio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London
Posts: 225
Default

I always wanted to explore this early version 😭 My dream may finally come true!!
$@Ssio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-22, 22:32   #1615
eqagunn
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 8
Default

Hello.

1. Any way to have Lara rotate with the mouse / to stand and face toward the direction the camera is looking at? Tried both patchers but no luck.
EDIT: Just realized that non-patched game does work that way, although janky. Any love for us keyboard+mouse users?

2. Camera-relative controls needs to be switched to after every game restart. Would be great if that persisted.
EDIT: Exe changelog says it can be done via Multithreading option in Launcher Settings, but I can't find that option in there.

3. Trying to play the 4 FMVs of RP v1.2.1 from in-game results in Unknown File message. They do play fine in VLC Player though.
EDIT: Re-encoded the files and now they play fine in-game. Do the ones included in RP v1.2.1 play fine in-game for other people?
Also it seems that "Developer Interviews" points to MAKINGOF.MPG, while "Making of" points to MOVIE.MPG.

4. Is there a custom TGA font file available that makes subtitles/prompts less plain-looking?
EDIT: The one included with Multi-Patcher is just higher resolution, and also letters in-game get cut off from the top slighty. Likely requires repositioning.

Last edited by eqagunn; 09-12-22 at 02:16.
eqagunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 16:46   #1616
-DEBUG
Professor
 
-DEBUG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post

Just some screenshots of an earlier version of the first level with proper lighting and fixed textures. I found the lighting files that can be opened in the level editor for a slightly earlier version of this level so it should be mostly authentic

I will probably release this, the castle I showed earlier and a developer test level for people to mess around with (with more coming in the future), just keep in mind that they won't be fully playable like I mentioned before and this isn't a part of the actual mod itself.
This looks amazing, I really hope you release this soon. I can't wait to explore it myself! Pretty amazing that a beta map from nearly 20 years ago can resurface like this
-DEBUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 20:12   #1617
Ruu11
Archaeologist
 
Ruu11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,039
Default



can't wait to play all that stuff omg
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-22, 02:58   #1618
LateRaider
Professor
 
LateRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqagunn View Post
Hello.

1. Any way to have Lara rotate with the mouse / to stand and face toward the direction the camera is looking at? Tried both patchers but no luck.
EDIT: Just realized that non-patched game does work that way, although janky. Any love for us keyboard+mouse users?
Hello! Welcome to Restoration Project.

To be clear, you're asking if a feature can be restored to:
A. Rotate Lara in Tank Controls with the mouse, and/or
B. Have Lara look toward the camera's direction? (I'm guessing for Look Mode?)

I think that this feature was removed to make way for Camera-relative controls, but I don't know for sure. Reborn would be a better one to ask, but my gut instinct is that is why it was removed. I think if you hold the Look key even on Tank Control mode, you can use the mouse to Look as long as the Look key is held.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqagunn View Post
2. Camera-relative controls needs to be switched to after every game restart. Would be great if that persisted.
EDIT: Exe changelog says it can be done via Multithreading option in Launcher Settings, but I can't find that option in there.
So, the multithreading option has been removed. To find this, you open the Launcher and:
SETTINGS > General > Look in the upper right for a checkbox that says "Cam - Relative". Tick that and it'll be on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqagunn View Post
3. Trying to play the 4 FMVs of RP v1.2.1 from in-game results in Unknown File message. They do play fine in VLC Player though.
EDIT: Re-encoded the files and now they play fine in-game. Do the ones included in RP v1.2.1 play fine in-game for other people?
Also it seems that "Developer Interviews" points to MAKINGOF.MPG, while "Making of" points to MOVIE.MPG.
The FMVs played fine for me, but I installed LAV Filters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqagunn View Post
4. Is there a custom TGA font file available that makes subtitles/prompts less plain-looking?
EDIT: The one included with Multi-Patcher is just higher resolution, and also letters in-game get cut off from the top slighty. Likely requires repositioning.
There isn't one right now, but maybe someone will make one in the future? That's sort of out of the scope of the mod, but I appreciate your enthusiasm.
__________________
Tomb Raider Forums member #54094 - Always late to the party
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-22, 09:07   #1619
eqagunn
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Hello! Welcome to Restoration Project.

To be clear, you're asking if a feature can be restored to:
A. Rotate Lara in Tank Controls with the mouse, and/or
B. Have Lara look toward the camera's direction? (I'm guessing for Look Mode?)

I think that this feature was removed to make way for Camera-relative controls, but I don't know for sure. Reborn would be a better one to ask, but my gut instinct is that is why it was removed. I think if you hold the Look key even on Tank Control mode, you can use the mouse to Look as long as the Look key is held.
I'm talking about Camera-Relative Controls (not Look Mode). The very first sentence of the tutorial says "To turn on the spot, use left and right directional buttons". With Tank Controls she would indeed rotate on the spot. But with Camera-Relative controls she instead starts to move in that direction. That is fine and indeed what you would expect of Camera-Relative controls, however instead of camera rotating around Lara, Lara should rotate with the camera, like it is the case in other games. Here is one example. One problem remains though. Whenever the game locks the camera, like it does at the very start when you climb the green bin, you are again left without the ability to rotate in the spot. So this camera-locking should be disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
So, the multithreading option has been removed. To find this, you open the Launcher and:
SETTINGS > General > Look in the upper right for a checkbox that says "Cam - Relative". Tick that and it'll be on.
So it was renamed! Readme/Changelog never mentioned that. And since I never tried the game without RP I didn't know where the option used to be. Perhaps calling it "CameraRelative" would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
The FMVs played fine for me, but I installed LAV Filters.
Since other videos play fine, these 4 should be encoded the same way to remove the need to install something additional. In an ideal world the in-game decoder should be changed to x264/mp4 and all the videos re-encoded as such. Currently, FMV files are ginormous and double up the size of the game, which made me replace them with 5KB dummy ones. Also, not having high-quality sources to encode from is probably half the reason for the large size I guess.
eqagunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-22, 15:15   #1620
Chaos93
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 1
Smile how to get through louvre storm drains part 2?

hello, how can i enter the louvre in this mod? it used to be after placing the charge on the gastank dive to the left in the tunnel in the water, getting out and going to the the sides to enter but now im kinda lost. any help is appreciated! also if someone knows a walktrough or youtube link for this mod would be appreciated in case im stuck again ^^

Last edited by Chaos93; 10-12-22 at 15:17.
Chaos93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 17:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.