www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 27-11-22, 22:31   #39981
Teone
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostercy View Post
Andor, Season 1. Moody, downbeat, human. Works well as a Rogue One prequel.
Quite slow. Few action, many chatting, totally lack of irony, but it's ok.
Episodes 6 & 10 worth to be watched.
Teone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-22, 01:14   #39982
Rai

Just finished the 5th season of The Crown. It's interesting watching the fictional telling of events you remember being all over the tv and newspapers at the time (no social media back then!). Some of the cast are pretty good likenesses to the people they're portraying, others really not much at all. And then there are those like Dominic West that, though he doesn't look like (the then) Prince Charles, is doing a very decent job acting the part to be convincing. I do wonder how close they'll get to the present day events. As it's centred around Queen Elizabeth, they could bring it right up to her passing.

Just started Wednesday, only on episode 2. It's good with a mystery already forming. Jenna Ortega is excellent.
Old 28-11-22, 03:26   #39983
Ashnod
Professor

Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

It's fun if you like the GotG. I got a kick out of it. Silly fun.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-22, 06:41   #39984
ostercy
Explorer

Something In The Dirt
Old 28-11-22, 09:42   #39985
Amunet
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnod View Post
Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

It's fun if you like the GotG. I got a kick out of it. Silly fun.
I watched it too! Drax and Mantis are the most chaotic duo ever! XD
Old 28-11-22, 13:34   #39986
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Today is going to be day 4 of trying to finish the Uncharted movie

Day 1: watched 32 minutes

Day 2: watched 10 minutes

Day 3: watched around less than a minute

today is day 4. I don't know if I'm going to watch anymore.
I had a similar experience with the movie Gone Girl I watched it in bits and pieces for over a week before it was finally over, I didn't like it at all Ben Affleck's and Rosamund Pike's characters both completely lack personality the same can be said for Rosamund Pike she was miscast and completely out of place in the James Bond movie Die Another Day.

Rosamund Pike IMO cannot act and comes across as an emotionless ice queen, the same can be said for Ben Affleck minus the ice queen bit, my one and only favourite Ben Affleck scene was when a Champagne cork hit his broken nose in Pearl Harbor, the Champagne cork should have won an Oscar for it's role in the movie.

There's only one Ben Affleck movie that I like and that's Daredevil it's not as bad as it's made out to be though it could have done without that silly scene in the playground where Ben and Jennifer Garner flight each other while balancing on see-saws, that scene was unnecessary added nothing to the story and could easily have been cut from the movie.

If a new Daredevil movie is ever made who would you like to see direct it and who would you like to see play Daredevil, I'd go for Chris Nolan to direct his Batman trilogy is great and I'd be curious to see what he would do with Daredevil I'm not sure who would play Daredevil I can't think of anyone right now for the part of Daredevil.

I had a look through Gone Girl's IMDB last night, Tom Cruise was desired for the lead role but he didn't want to perform nude I would have cut the nude scene if it mean't getting him on board for the movie plus he's a better actor than Ben Affleck IMO.

I googled the Daredevil cast just now to double check that Jennifer Garner was in it, Ellen Pompeo from Grey's Anatomy is in it something that I didn't know until just now.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-22, 22:53   #39987
Dennis's Mom

I had fun.
Old 30-11-22, 15:54   #39988
Tsarina
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostercy View Post
Something In The Dirt
How was this? I may watch this later tonight.

I recently watched most of Wednesday, still have a few episodes to go. I really like it. Not normally my type of show (which is similar to the likes of Riverdale and Sabrina) but it's good.

Last night watched two horror films I have been wanting to see, Smile and Terrifier 2. Terrifier 2 was excellent if a bit long and Smile just felt like a rip off of It Follows (which is excellent by the way). Gotta say I was not impressed with Smile or Black Phone despite people saying how great they were.

Also have been keeping up with this season of White Lotus which is always a good time.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-22, 17:36   #39989
ostercy
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
How was this? I may watch this later tonight.

I recently watched most of Wednesday, still have a few episodes to go. I really like it. Not normally my type of show (which is similar to the likes of Riverdale and Sabrina) but it's good.

Last night watched two horror films I have been wanting to see, Smile and Terrifier 2. Terrifier 2 was excellent if a bit long and Smile just felt like a rip off of It Follows (which is excellent by the way). Gotta say I was not impressed with Smile or Black Phone despite people saying how great they were.

Also have been keeping up with this season of White Lotus which is always a good time.
On the surface Something In The Dirt is two blokes in an apartment haunted by a flying ashtray. I loved it. It's has a very dry humour, not unlike Twin Peaks.

White Lotus and the first four episodes of Wednesday are fun.

Wednesday quote - Morticia Addams: "I don't know what to say, Gomez. Seeing you in handcuffs, accused of murder... I've never loved you more."

Smile was OK but It Follows is great. If you want to try out a not-comedy by the guys who did Something In The Dirt, I recommend one of my favourte low budget horrors, The Endless, which I adore. The chill really grows on you.

Last edited by ostercy; 01-12-22 at 06:37.
ostercy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-22, 02:11   #39990
Rai

Just finished Wednesday, it really is very good. I just love how
Enid's werewolf form still retains her colourful hair dye colours