www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 15-11-22, 17:21   #5011
LCEF (CA)
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGamer View Post
I think TE was only made for windows. It's better bought a good PC with Windows 10/11 at least. Mac today is more used for browsing or using others decives.
I know that TE is made for windows, it's why i'm asking about the virtual machine, if someone already uses TE that way
LCEF (CA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-22, 18:02   #5012
Richard_trle
Explorer

TRNG levels can't be played in MacOS as TRNG was built with win libraries. But you can use virtualization to play it.

I'm not an expert, someone who uses more mac for playing games and virtualization can give you a more thoroughly explanation.
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-22, 19:26   #5013
Joey79100
Professor

When I tried Linux about 2-3 years ago I managed to run TRLE/TRNG games flawlessly using Proton (Steam's version of Wine). I haven't checked if it exists on Mac but I would assume it does?

TE tools didn't want to run though, except WadTool and SoundTool.
However, this might have changed, both because of emulation evolution, and also because TE is now built with updated tools (.NET6 framework instead of .NET4.5), so emulation is still worth a try.
And if it's still not working right now, it could be in future versions, as they're currently trying to change additional components, which may result in better handling by Proton.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-22, 02:21   #5014
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

This is probably an incredibly amateur question but sadly I can't find any other keywords in search relating.

I've installed TE fresh, and started something just to get the hang of building again. Everything is going flawlessly except enemies.
When I trigger them - they do not naturally head toward Lara. Once triggered- they are visibly there, but they wont do anything until Lara is atleast one square away from them.

I decided to try some other enemy types and I'm getting a similar result.

Keyword searching took me to things relating to enemy pathfinding - I have not ticked 'no pathfinding' so just a little perplexed if theres something new in TE i must do.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-22, 10:55   #5015
croftyboy
Historian

^^^
First thing comes to my mind is, are all the rooms in the bounds of 2D map? The compiler should give a warning message while compiling but just make sure that all the rooms are in the grid, and make sure they are 2-3 squares in just to be safe because edges of the grid also give similar problems.
croftyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 02:21   #5016
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

Just a quick question in relation to TR3 Scripting on the Editor.. is it possible to have Lara start out with specific items in her inventory, for example: the Meteorite Artefacts?

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 02-12-22 at 02:24.
TombRaiderTim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-22, 09:22   #5017
PedroTheGamer
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
Just a quick question in relation to TR3 Scripting on the Editor.. is it possible to have Lara start out with specific items in her inventory, for example: the Meteorite Artefacts?
Yes,you just need add the script into the level,are you using Tombide or tombpceditor?
Old 02-12-22, 12:59   #5018
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGamer View Post
Yes,you just need add the script into the level,are you using Tombide or tombpceditor?
I'm using the TombIDE program which includes Scripting. Not sure if I overlooked any examples or not but if there is anything explaining most of the script commands for TR3, that would benefit greatly.
Old 03-12-22, 00:13   #5019
PedroTheGamer
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
I'm using the TombIDE program which includes Scripting. Not sure if I overlooked any examples or not but if there is anything explaining most of the script commands for TR3, that would benefit greatly.
you need use STARTINV: command. but i forgot if you need use number or just writing the nameitem. sorry if i forget im still learning TR1-3 scripting with tombide yet but hope it helps a little bit
Old 04-12-22, 19:05   #5020
vasatomb
Historian

my new TR clip:
https://youtu.be/0pHsZBof8vs
vasatomb is offline   Reply With Quote