www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 05-08-22, 19:34   #201
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

^I think you should open an issue on wadblender's Github repo so it's more visible for Bergus
Old 22-08-22, 23:25   #202
Stryke
Historian

I'm having a bit of trouble with viewing my imported object. I'm pretty new to learning this but I have the scale correct. I'm using the WadTool to texture the object. It looks fine in the editor and in the WadTool when I texture it.

But when I run the game. It's invisible. Would there be any reason why? I am kind of confused as to why that is.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-22, 07:03   #203
sebsen
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
I'm having a bit of trouble with viewing my imported object. I'm pretty new to learning this but I have the scale correct. I'm using the WadTool to texture the object. It looks fine in the editor and in the WadTool when I texture it.

But when I run the game. It's invisible. Would there be any reason why? I am kind of confused as to why that is.
Is your object a static or animating? If it is static, have you adjusted the visibility box in WadTool?
sebsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-22, 01:41   #204
turneraider
Explorer

is it possible to animate the 'ANIMATING' objects in blender?
Old 20-09-22, 12:11   #205
not again!
Archaeologist

nvm, ignore this post

Last edited by not again!; 20-09-22 at 23:48.
not again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-22, 13:22   #206
saintjunia
Student

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by adngel View Post
Yes, that's it. Don't worry a lot for which hole goes first, the main purpose is that the low id number being assigned to the holes with skin joints (the engine looks for the "connection vertices" between the first id ones of the mesh).

If a problem still persist, I think it may be for the vertex position, it may be tricky but a slight variation can be the difference between make the connection or not.

Also be consistent with your import/export options, remember that you can't just swap the X direction of a mesh because that would make it not fit with the mesh joint due to the center displacement.
I am having a similar problem... Any way I import the pelvis mesh after running it through Blender, it causes a stretched joint mesh. All vertices are blue, I have tried to simply export-import the original mesh to see if it is Blender that is causing the problem. The result is the same:

I have experimented with remapping, changing pivots etc., but nothing seems to work. All other joints, as you can see, are fine. When I use the original, non-Blender-exported pelvis, everything is fine.

The number of vertices is low, the outfit is just a recoloring of bevey's TR4 Adventurer with equipment deleted in Blender. Can anyone please help?

Last edited by saintjunia; 23-10-22 at 13:23.
saintjunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-22, 22:28   #207
Kapu
Professor

saintjunia, if you send me a wad2 with the outfit I can try to diagnose the issue for you.

These are the two most common issues for joints not connecting even when vertices are remapped properly:
-Duplicate/unjoined vertices on the connection holes or joint meshes
-Lara_skin meshes are offset more than 2 units from skin_joint meshes

Considering you have only edited the pelvis mesh (from what I understand) I wonder if it could somehow be a duplicate/unjoined vertex issue.

Last edited by Kapu; 26-10-22 at 22:54.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-22, 19:12   #208
saintjunia
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
saintjunia, if you send me a wad2 with the outfit I can try to diagnose the issue for you.

These are the two most common issues for joints not connecting even when vertices are remapped properly:
-Duplicate/unjoined vertices on the connection holes or joint meshes
-Lara_skin meshes are offset more than 2 units from skin_joint meshes

Considering you have only edited the pelvis mesh (from what I understand) I wonder if it could somehow be a duplicate/unjoined vertex issue.
Hi Kapu, thank you so much. Love your outfits by the way! I will send you a private message.

Just for info - I have edited the head and torso here - deleted faces, moved some things around. And of course, re-textured everything, but no issues with those meshes/joints.

But even if I use the pelvis without editing it, i.e. export from WadTool to blender and then right to wadtool, then what you can see on the screenshot persists. I will DM you and we will write the solution here later for those interested