www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 06-04-21, 21:22   #21
Mikky
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Just so it is a bit easier to see, here's the model Weta received from CD.

https://i.imgur.com/prfUPvG.png
It's an interesting model. It's definitely not based on any existing game. What if they're showing us a WIP for the next game and we don't even know it
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 21:25   #22
DVDSpike
Professor

Quote:
Just so it is a bit easier to see, here's the model Weta received from CD.

Could someone somehow take this image and edit it so we can see what it would look like with hair or textures?

Dunno if that's possible or not. But I'd love to see it.
Old 06-04-21, 21:28   #23
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
It's an interesting model. It's definitely not based on any existing game. What if they're showing us a WIP for the next game and we don't even know it
I think it has a basis on the Rise/Shadow model though. There are similarities such as the shorter forehead and jawline which thst model has. The lips are plumper though.

The style of clothing is more reboot Lara - the higher waisted shorts and the loose fitting top at the waist. But in the classic iconography. I definitely think this could be a basis for a new in game model.
Old 06-04-21, 21:32   #24
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
After 16 years of braid vs ponytail, Crystal finally decided it's time for bald Lara -.- End of discussion.
I think it's just the TressFX/Purehair mesh is a different file, but maybe you're right! Move over Classic, LAU and Reboot Lara: it's time for Caillou Lara!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
That might indeed be a possibility, although I feel CD might already gone in a different direction. I say this because, outside of the obvious differences in artstyle, there is a sort of evolution between this model, Lara from TR Reloaded, and the TRI reimagined cover, which was done by an in-house artist.

Regardless, it is interesting to know that CD has at least one Reboot Lara model with a very classic-inspired outfit.
Old 06-04-21, 21:36   #25
Jamise_Croft
Archaeologist

How we know this model was given from CD and is not sculpted from 0 by modelers of weta
Old 06-04-21, 21:43   #26
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft View Post
How we know this model was given from CD and is not sculpted from 0 by modelers of weta
They say in the they asked CD for in-game models to make the statue closer to in-game Lara, while showing this model. They said they also modified it a bit, but it might have been more of an anatomy thing, as they say they also took some photo references, which are also shown in the video, and about how Lara's muscles would look like in the pose of the statue.

Maybe they also modelled the outfit, that,s definitely a possibility. But the way the video was edited makes it seem the 3D model they show came from CD, outfit and all.
Old 06-04-21, 21:45   #27
biscuits
Relic Hunter

I wouldn't be surprised if this is what Lara end up looking like. This lines up well with the recent code found on Avengers. Let's not forget Brenoch Adams' TR1 artwork. Lara there looked very similar to the WETA concept art. Also he works for Crystal Dynamics, that alone provides a good clue.
biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-21, 21:46   #28
Jamise_Croft
Archaeologist

Quote:
They say in the they asked CD for in-game models to make the statue closer to in-game Lara, while showing this model. They said they also modified it a bit, but it might have been more of an anatomy thing, as they say they also took some photo references, which are also shown in the video, and about how Lara's muscles would look like in the pose of the statue.

Maybe they also modelled the outfit, that,s definitely a possibility. But the way the video was edited makes it seem the 3D model they show came from CD, outfit and all.
omg? We just saw tr12 Lara model y’all
Old 06-04-21, 21:48   #29
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
After 16 years of braid vs ponytail, Crystal finally decided it's time for bald Lara -.- End of discussion.
Angel of Baldness remake confirmed
Old 06-04-21, 22:08   #30
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

I like the bagginess of her clothes. Gives her a certain swag to the look. I could see current Lara having a more loose fitted rendition of the classic outfit to more fit her personality. I actually always hated how everything used to look so done up and tight with classic and LAU Lara.