www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 02-10-22, 22:29   #1
Galleta
Hobbyist

Default Help building a house. Room disappear from the outside and more.

Another problem that I'm having is that I'm not able to build a proper house and I would appreciate if somebody could show me a good "house making" tutorial or video to learn better than trying to do it without having any idea as I'm doing as a trial an error. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it's not as simple as I tough. First, I made a house but I don't know how to make different floors and only managed to make one tall space with a few windows and nothing more as you can see in image 3.

Second, from the outside I can see the inside of the house with no prob.

But when I move the camera suddenly the inside disappear.

When I enter from the door it looks normal.

And from the outside it also looks normal (except the roof).

As you can see in the last image, I also can't make a roof either in a house where you can enter but I have no problem if it's just a smaller house with no other purpose but for decorate like the small one from the left. I would appreciate some help with this problem too.

I really don't understand what is wrong or what I need to do. I always try to watch Youtube videos or livestreams about TR building because it's much more easier to learn if you can see it how it's done than just reading from a tutorial, but sadly never found a video where someone was building a house from the beginning until the end so I would love if someone could lend me hand with this matter so I can continue with my project.
Galleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-22, 01:25   #2
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

I don't know if anyone ever made a manual for Tomb Editor but if not, the manual for the original editor may help you better understand how to construct things.

The simple answer to your question is that you need to stack rooms on top of eachother. Place a portal or door, straight on the floor on the room above and it will connect to the room below. This is needed to make multiple floors, or any sort of platform you can stand on that has space underneath.

The house no being visible means that your windows aren't all doors. There needs to be an actual connection between the rooms to see them from eachother.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-22, 17:17   #3
Galleta
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi master View Post
I don't know if anyone ever made a manual for Tomb Editor but if not, the manual for the original editor may help you better understand how to construct things.

The simple answer to your question is that you need to stack rooms on top of eachother. Place a portal or door, straight on the floor on the room above and it will connect to the room below. This is needed to make multiple floors, or any sort of platform you can stand on that has space underneath.

The house no being visible means that your windows aren't all doors. There needs to be an actual connection between the rooms to see them from eachother.
I don't understand. I guess that stack rooms means add a new room up the one you have? Because that's what I did, but I only got the ceiling more tall but no floor for Lara to stand and it doesn't let me add a portal.
Old 05-10-22, 03:11   #4
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

You cannot connect rooms vertically if the lowest part of the floor in the upper room ever goes below the highest part of the ceiling in the lower room. The door will only connect the parts where the upper rooms floor and lower rooms ceiling are the exact same height.
Old 05-10-22, 18:12   #5
Galleta
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi master View Post
You cannot connect rooms vertically if the lowest part of the floor in the upper room ever goes below the highest part of the ceiling in the lower room. The door will only connect the parts where the upper rooms floor and lower rooms ceiling are the exact same height.
Ok, now I think I get it. If I move up the second floor just a click, then it let me have a floor to stand, but it lets a weird gap between floors. It's that how it should be actually?

I hope that it wont give me problems in the future, it's just I wanted the house to be perfectly aligned just like in the Sims games, but I guess it's not possible. Not exactly what I wanted but if it works then I guess it's fine by now.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by Galleta; 05-10-22 at 18:25.
Old 10-10-22, 01:50   #6
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

In this case, you don't need the door to the room below. (Though realistically you want that 1-click gap anyway)

You will need that door for many situations though, such as the roof. You're roof room doesn't need to connect to any inside rooms, but to the outside rooms.