www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 29-10-22, 22:00   #71
Wronschien
Hobbyist

There is still the black screen problem at the beginning of videos, but I suppose it's linked to WINSTR.DLL as you mentioned.

Anyway thanks for the update !
Wronschien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 07:24   #72
Bambusbieger
Hobbyist

Thank you so much for this! All these years I've been hoping someone would build something like this, making the PC release the definitive version of the game.

Just one minor issue I've discovered: when sprinting I can't turn left, i.e. the left button doesn't seem to register. This only happens when sprinting, when walking or running I can turn left with no issue whatsoever. Also I can turn right turing sprinting.
Bambusbieger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 10:45   #73
Kirishima
Explorer

@Bambusbieger

Works for me. Try mapping the sprint button to a different key and see if that has any affect since it could just be your keyboard ignoring specific button combinations like mine does.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 10:59   #74
Woops
Archaeologist

Sounds like you're experiencing keyboard ghosting. Does the same happen for you in other TR games/original TR3 without the patch?
Old 01-11-22, 14:12   #75
Bambusbieger
Hobbyist

Wow, I swear when I tested without the patch, it was working and now it's not even working without the patch. I guess I used a different keyboard. So if I understand this correctly, the only two options I have are either using a different keyboard which doesn't suffer from this or remapping the buttons. It's a hardware limitation, right?

Sorry for causing this kind of confusion and implying this is somehow caused by your patch. Thanks again for your outstanding work!

Last edited by Bambusbieger; 01-11-22 at 14:18.
Old 01-11-22, 14:38   #76
Niko Todd
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambusbieger View Post
Wow, I swear when I tested without the patch, it was working and now it's not even working without the patch. I guess I used a different keyboard. So if I understand this correctly, the only two options I have are either using a different keyboard which doesn't suffer from this or remapping the buttons. It's a hardware limitation, right?

Sorry for causing this kind of confusion and implying this is somehow caused by your patch. Thanks again for your outstanding work!
It is a keyboard problem I also used to have with an older Logitech model. No turning to left (or was it right, can't remember exactly).
Niko Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-22, 22:06   #77
MartimMonteiro
Student

Thank you Woops and everyone involved in this project! I've been waiting for this since TR2Main was released! Could you consider adding, if possible, an option to scale the UI as well as having all the UI bars on the right side (like PSX version) and add another option to have the PSX's Field of View (to make Lara closer to the camera) like TR2Main has?
MartimMonteiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-22, 08:18   #78
Bambusbieger
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko Todd View Post
It is a keyboard problem I also used to have with an older Logitech model. No turning to left (or was it right, can't remember exactly).
Thanks, it's indeed a Logitech MX Keys. While it can usally register 5-6 simultaneous button presses, the combo Up + Left + Sprint doesn't work. However you can simply use the default alternative directional buttons on the numeric keypad for sprinting. It then registers all button presses. Just wanted to share this in case someone stumbles upon the same issue.

Last edited by Bambusbieger; 02-11-22 at 08:20.
Old 02-11-22, 12:56   #79
Flash112
Hobbyist

Yes! I've been waiting for someone to give Tomb Raider 3 the love it deserves! Thank you so much! Will we be able to change things like enemy health and item ammounts in the future?
Flash112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 15:10   #80
Feder
Historian

It's such a pleasure to play TR3 with all these improovements, thank you for taking the time to make this possible. I was wondering, is it ok if I use it on a custom level? I've been doing some testing and it works pretty fine. I would really like to include this patch in my next release, with your permission
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote