Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 10-01-22, 12:32   #1
Final Count

Default Help running The Last Revelation

Can someone help me setup The Last Revelation? I set the game to my screen resolution (1920x1080, I think it was), and everything looks out of ratio in-game - Lara is very wide, for example. I try to run the game through Peixoto's patch, but it keeps telling me that it fails to load DirectX. I'm not sure Peixoto's patch helps, but I thought it was worth a try. Does anyone have a guide, or an idea about what I can do to make the game look good?
Final Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 15:58   #2
Jathom95

For TR4 specifically, I've always used Dgvoodoo2 for it as I could never get Peixoto's patch working myself.

Its easy as pie to set up too.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 22:18   #3
_Seth

https://tombraiders.net/stella/downl...idescreen.html

This will actually crop the frame of the game (preserving HUD) so add an extra 100 to the "Camera Distance from Lara" to compensate.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-22, 03:50   #4
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
https://tombraiders.net/stella/downl...idescreen.html

This will actually crop the frame of the game (preserving HUD) so add an extra 100 to the "Camera Distance from Lara" to compensate.
Also dont forget to tick the 16:9 aspect ratio box to stop wide Lara
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 09:28   #5
Final Count

Thank you so much, I'll try your suggested methods. The only problem is, that whenever I use the Widescreen patch, it only changes the first time I used it? So strange. The first time I tried it it worked, and it changed the ratio and everything, but Lara was too far up in the camera. But now, whenever I change the numbers (I even try go extremely to either side, just to see if anything changes) nothing changes. As if it's a tool that works once, and then it's done?

It even says "XX correction not used" when I finish using the patch.

Last edited by Final Count; 14-01-22 at 09:29.
Old 14-01-22, 09:48   #6
Final Count

Also, if anyone has a great eye for these things, what would the numbers in the Widescreen patch be to replicate this resolution, camera distance, FOV etc. for The Last Revelation and Chronicles?

Since I can only use the Widescreen patch once for some reason, I better get it right the first time

Last edited by Final Count; 31-01-22 at 16:44.
Old 16-01-22, 01:43   #7
mizuno_suisei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Count View Post
Thank you so much, I'll try your suggested methods. The only problem is, that whenever I use the Widescreen patch, it only changes the first time I used it? So strange. The first time I tried it it worked, and it changed the ratio and everything, but Lara was too far up in the camera. But now, whenever I change the numbers (I even try go extremely to either side, just to see if anything changes) nothing changes. As if it's a tool that works once, and then it's done?

It even says "XX correction not used" when I finish using the patch.
Common issue. This happens because the patcher, looks for the original numbers. It cant find them as you've edited the exe.
I've solved this by just making numerous backups of the original TR4 exe, and working on a fresh one each time if you're going to mess with camera values
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote