Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider on Mobile

Old 01-06-19, 08:52   #41
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
the last LC game was Lara Croft GO lol. nice try though sometimes spin-offs take a backseat so the main series can develop... sad i know

go cry doom somewhere else
Lara Croft Go is a mobile game, it's not a console game. LC GO is anecdotic at best. I mean it's a very good mobile game but that's it. The last real game we had was released five years ago with TOO. It didn't do that well, and that's why we didn't had any new one yet. Just like the only reason we got TOO is because GOL did awesome and they wanted to recreate that. Don't get me wrong that's great but the LC franchise is a struggling one, one wrong step and it's on hold.

If we think about it, TOO didn't do well or as much as expected (for whatever reason) and then we got mobile games that did really awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if their plan is that for now the LC franchise will only be a mobile game franchise since they cost a lot less and sold much better than the last console game.

And I'm not crying over it at all, just saying that it's not a good sign to get only that mobile slot machine game 4 years after GO came out. They're not even trying anymore, at least with relic run and GO they did try to deliver something that matches the original concept and that was good looking and good gameplay.

@Nigel Cassidy: Yes I didn't thought about Commandos, there's Crash too. But Crash right now is cashing over nostalgia. We have yet to see if the GP will support an entire new game with that formula.

And yes, mission accomplished, they know that us fans are very interrested in a new LC game, and I think that it's important that they know that, it's great. But I think we won't get anything until the GP shows a lot of interrest into this franchise again.
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 06:09   #42
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
Lara Croft Go is a mobile game, it's not a console game.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/202475-lara-croft-go

???
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 07:42   #43
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Are you trying to say that LC GO is as much a console game as Legend or Anniversary are ? If so, you're def reaching on this one.
You know very well that it was developped for mobile phones and then ported to PS4 because it was doing well. But yay let's port Relic Run to PS4 and call it a console game too... Or even better, let's actually release "Temple and Tombs" on PS4 and call it a console game. It makes so much sense.
Old 02-06-19, 15:32   #44
LateRaider
Inactive

nigel: actually i think a classic lara slot machine means they know this lara is still wanted and is popular in pop culture

me: also this is the third tomb raider slots game

you: they are literally KILLING tomb raider RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES. they are MURDERING HER. someone call 911
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-19, 15:45   #45
CheshireBitch

Quote:
nigel: actually i think a classic lara slot machine means they know this lara is still wanted and is popular in pop culture

me: also this is the third tomb raider slots game

you: they are literally KILLING tomb raider RIGHT BEFORE OUR EYES. they are MURDERING HER. someone call 911
I did not sound that dramatic lol

But yeah of course they're not killing her and they are very interrested in her as long as she brings cash no matter how... Just saying that having only this slot machine thing after "so long" is not very a good sign for the franchise. And I took the exemple of Silent Hill because that's what happened with this franchise. No game for "a long time" and then a slot machine and then nothing... So... It's concerning to see something similar beginning to happen to classic Lara. But maybe I'm wrong and next year we will get an AAA game with classic Lara who knows ?

Nigel mentioned old franchise being revived and he has a point, we just have to wait and see what will happen... if anything happens...

And by the way, please if you answer this one, write a real message that make the conversation progress, throwing links and writing silly scripts doesn't add anything to the conversation, really...
Old 03-06-19, 15:49   #46
Nigel Cassidy

I kinda wish the next TR game would be made by JJ Abrams, he would probably misunderstand a few things about Tomb Raider and Lara Croft and he doesn't have a creative bone in his body, but he is the king of harkening back to the past to please nostalgic fans.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 17:51   #47
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
I kinda wish the next TR game would be made by JJ Abrams, he would probably misunderstand a few things about Tomb Raider and Lara Croft and he doesn't have a creative bone in his body, but he is the king of harkening back to the past to please nostalgic fans.
I agree !
Old 23-06-19, 02:47   #48
larafan25

There are already pieces of the past and classics in the new games, just not the pieces that some of you are looking for. Though if the whole of Tomb Raider were satisfied by a Tomb-Raider-Driven perspective, then the whole of Tomb Raider fans would be satisfied.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-22, 20:12   #49
UroshUchiha

I know that this is necroposting, but since not many people in the fandom know and/or care about these slot games I thought it's best to just comment here instead of making a new thread.

Last week I randomly remembered that these slot games exist and that even though they all have a free mode that you can play, all of it is tied to Microgaming servers. Meaning that if one day they decide to pull a plug, these will be lost forever.

Not much of a loss, but eh, I enjoy hunting down and preserving obscure TR related things. Last year I made that post about TR Flatland and over the last year I hunted down some obscure TR Flash games and helped curate them and upload them to the Flashpoint project. Just yesterday Flashpoint 11 got released and all of them got officially added to it. The only one (to my knowledge) missing now is that Timex game called Race Against Time which apparently is lost to... well... time (guess the race was lost?).

So yeah, almost two years ago I attempted to make these three Slots games work offline but I failed and gave up on it.

Last week I gave it another shot, and after spending a few days playing around with it I have finally managed to make all three of these work offline without contacting the Microgaming servers.

The only downside to this is that all of these games use some kind of a randomizer in the background that generates the result each time you press the "Spin" button.

This data is always read from a single file in the game, so you can edit that file manually before each spin that you do. That way you can create whatever results you want.

I have collected about a hundred spin results for all three of these in case I ever decide to sit down and attempt to make a randomizer of sorts that'll be injected into the games code.

But at the moment I have extracted all of the "relevant" content in these games that you can just load up into a file and instantly see without having to watch the reels endlessly spin until something "Tomb Raider" related happens. Such as audio files playing, animations, mini games, bonus modes and so on.

If anyone is interested I could make a thread about this, provide the files I have archived and a guide how you could do this on your own from scratch to get the files, what to edit to make it work only with the data you have downloaded.

Not sure if there are any legal reason stopping me from providing these files, but I can surely write about how you can get them and what you should change since none of these are hidden. You can just open the Dev Tools in any browser and see all the files and assets the game loads as you play.

Last edited by tlr online; 26-11-22 at 18:51. Reason: Removed links.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-22, 17:23   #50
jeffrey van oort

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
Are you trying to say that LC GO is as much a console game as Legend or Anniversary are ? If so, you're def reaching on this one.
You know very well that it was developped for mobile phones and then ported to PS4 because it was doing well. But yay let's port Relic Run to PS4 and call it a console game too... Or even better, let's actually release "Temple and Tombs" on PS4 and call it a console game. It makes so much sense.
I think the quality of Lara Croft Go is an equivalent of the console games of Tomb Raider. If not, better. I don't think that about Relic run which is also a mobile videogame. (My opinion).
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote